Diet soda

Veeky Forums, can you red pill me on diet soda?

the sticky says most of the negative info is simply unsubstantiated myths. seems like whenever somebody has a negative opinion about it, they don't really have anything to say except "muh aspartame"

i'm dieting and the switch to diet soda was obvious to me because i was previously drinking 1000 calories a day or so and now all my beverages are 0 calories. i've only been at it for a couple weeks, is the diet soda going to hold me back? it it going to kill me?

tia Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2013/the-bittersweet-truth-of-sweet-and-bitter-taste-receptors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just drink seltzer
bitch

nothing is better than ice water

your body treats sweetener like real sugar, therefore enjoy your insulin spikes and increased belly fat.

No one knows how harmless/harmful it is. There isn't really any literature saying how it harms you.

I've been drinking 3 cans of diet coke a day for the last 5 years, I haven't noticed any effects except I completely attribute the rapid degradation of my vision to it (that is unfounded though)

fuck me in the ass i need a pizza

no one needs a pizza you fat fuck

Why the fuck wouldn't you just drink water?

I'm not even trying to lose weight and I don't drink anything besides water, black coffee and beer.

>Dieting
>Still drinking carbonated drinks
You fat fuck just drink water, tea, coffee like a real man.

Praise

Switching from regular to diet is a good start, now switch from diet to water.

its basically one of the most studied substances in the world, 100% safe to drink, doesn't spike insulin as retarded people tend to say and that is it

i'm bulking you fucking retard neck yourself

so it's like under 1 gram of real sugar woah big deal

user, youve been on that bulk for 26 years.

Experiments where soda drinkers are randomly assigned to switch to diet doesn't result in any weight loss. Theory is people compensate by eating more elsewhere because they're drinking diet.

If your diet is stictly controlled then maybe it doesn't matter. But there's nothing healthy about diet soda, so drinking it all the time isn't doing you any favors.

>What do we know about sweet taste receptors and artificial sweeteners? Sweet taste receptors in the gut and pancreas also “taste” artificial sweeteners, also known as non-nutritive sweeteners (NNS). While there is a general consensus on the contribution of regular sugars and sweet taste receptors in the release of gut and pancreas hormones, the effects reported for NNS, on the other hand, are at the center stage of much debate. Several research groups found that exposure of mouse cells to sucralose, the sweetener in Splenda, caused the release of GLP-1. Inactivation of the sweet taste receptors in these cells impaired the release of this hormone indicating that the effects of sucralose were mediated via its interaction with the receptors [7]. These findings, nevertheless, have been challenged by other research groups that did not observe hormone release in response to oral administration of sweeteners. Hence, whether NNS themselves trigger the release of hormones or not is yet to be elucidated. In the pancreas, NNS promote insulin secretion when administered in combination with glucose [9]. Since the body does not absorb NNS, a current hypothesis is that when NNS are taken in combination with glucose they might stimulate constant insulin secretion, which might lead to excess glucose being absorbed by the body. Rapid depletion of glucose from the blood might, in turn, hasten the development of obesity. Further research is needed to generate a more accurate conclusion on the effects of NNS in sugar metabolism and to determine whether these effects are primarily mediated by sweet taste receptors.

sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2013/the-bittersweet-truth-of-sweet-and-bitter-taste-receptors/

This.

I never drank as mush as you did OP but I was probably drinking 500 calories of soda a day. When I started to switch I started drinking Kickstart for a while (mountain dew/juice mix with sucralose (80cal)), but after a couple weeks gave soda water a try and it totally did the trick. The carbonation was enough to satisfy the soda desire.

Since then I've moved to only water and black coffee, with maybe a glass of milk with my main meal in the day.

You can do it.

I’m using a calorie tracker. The first week I didn’t track what I’m eating but I did switch at that time to the diet soda. I’m averaging 1000 calories less than I was before per day in addition to the other 1000 I’ve lost by switching to diet soda. I’m not strictly limiting the foods I eat just the total calories. I’m avoiding sweets and fast food but I haven’t entirely cut out the fast food, however I do get healthier stuff like grilled chicken wraps/salads. It’s hard to avoid fast food/processed frozen shit with my work schedule.

If this doesn’t work the way I want I’m going to try meal prep for work lunches and cut out the fast food and frozen food entirely. The reason I’m just not going all out to begin with is because I want to make a sustainable change and avoid a rebound.

And yes my first experience with trying the switch to diet soda was that it made me crave sweets and I just ended up making up the difference by eating a bunch of carbs, sugary foods, sweet juice ect. But I think the combination with the calorie tracker will help a lot, I think my big problem is I’m just not aware of what I eat. I’m about 325 pounds and trying to get to 250 with a calorie budget of 2500/day.... however I commonly fall short of that budget by 500-1000 calories. There’s room for adjustment if this doesn’t work/works too slowly.

Quit cold turkey like I did. I was drinking a 12-pack a day of Diet Coke. Now I only drink water and I honestly feel so much better all the time.

Diet soda is fine, the experiments are on mice and have been since redacted anyway. It’s better for you than normal soda by a long shot, but nothing will beat water. But if you’re taking your first steps, then making the switch is perfectly fine, with the one caveat being it’s bad for your teeth, so make sure to brush.

Drinking diet soda is better than regular soda. but worse than water. If you track your calories correctly you can even have regular soda on a cut, as long as it fits your macros.

For the last part of the cut, which is mostly concerned with the thinning of the skin. Shying from sugar or even artificial sweetener is usually indicated.

Different people react to artificial sweeteners in different ways. If you go on forums where diabetics are congregating, you'll see that they each can tolerate some sweeteners, and not others. It's anecdotal, I know, but this would explain some of the mixed results in the studies which show either an increase in blood sugar/insulin, or no response at all.
So experiment for yourself, I guess. It will be more difficult if you don't have the blood sugar kit like the diabetics, but you can see if it works for your weight loss over some weeks with each sweetener.

>redpill
>/thread

>American culture

Who even drinks fucking soda. Are you 12 years old? Absolutely disgusting.

Heed my advice, you fat fuck, and start binge eating again. Too much of a worthless piece of urge driven shit to quit A LITERAL CHILDRENS BEVEREGE? Jesus fucking Christ, I would strangle you right now if only I could get my hands around your fat disgusting fatty fat fat neck. This has to be the absolute worst thread in all of 4chans history. KYS KYS KYS you constant underachieving walrus lardass Peter Griffin IRL pansy ass faggot. YOU ARE ADDICTED TO A BEVEREGE MARKETED TO KIDS. You are the problem of the West, the very essence of our cultural decline. If there is to be ANY hope whatsoever of our species survival, the fatass genocide MUST become a reality.

For fucks sake, what the hell is wrong with you? Utter disgracefulness. Absolutely disgusting in EVERY sense of the word.

>I just can't stop drinking diet soda
And you can't stop posting about it? You're American, so go play with your fathers gun you horrid putrid tragic shell of a man. Ksmdlslzndlxmzmnzndbskdndn

lol

>Muh cravings
This. If you're gonna cut might as well go all the way.

tl;dr

stop drinking sugar water and sugar water replacement, it's only holding you back. there's a reason the "fat people drink diet coke" meme exists besides trump saying it

Drink Mexican sodas if you must

Aspartame doesn't cause an insulin response, you fucking brainlet.

yeah no shit, stupid fucking normalshit 15 iq 300lb dumbasses try drinking diet coke for 3 days and don't change anything else about their fat fuck diet so nothing happens

if you are consuming 2800 cals a day and 1000 of that is soda switching to diet or water or unsweetened tea or something will make you lose weight