Easier to grip, so no need for straps or mixed grip

>easier to grip, so no need for straps or mixed grip
>less force on the lower back

Convince me why, as a casual lifter looking for general strength gains, I should do conventional deadlifts over trap bar deadlifts.

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/

There's nothing wrong with trap bar diddlys. Do them if you want.

because the very reason you want to get a stronger back with conventional deadlift you retard.
That doesnt mean you cant use both

I LOVE THESE

MY SHOULDERS GREW WITHING A MONTH

AWSOEM

There's nothing wrong with them at all, I suggest using the lower handles though, the top handles feel like cheating to me.

Just use both by alternating workouts, like if you DL 2 times a week do 1 day Trap bar, heavier weight, 1 day conventional medium weight.

There's no reason you need to do conventional deadlifts as a casual lifter.

it alters the angles of your deadlift closer to that of squat angles. it messes up your lockup position. substituting any major lift makes you more gay with every rep.

So what? It still works my lower back, just to a slightly lesser extent.

does it make sense to you to squat and then do an inferior version of the squat rather than squat and deadlift?

There's no reason for deadlifts at all unless you're a powerlifter.

You shouldnt feel any soreness or feel your lower back being worked if you're deadlifting right

complete bullshit

How are trap bar deadlifts using the low handles an “inferior squat”

how does one train hamstrings then?

You have found the answer, just do whatever you want to do. I prefer trap bar deadlifts aswell, just look at all these youtuber dudes who have made like 10+ fucking deadlift form videos and have fucked up their backs anyways.

And yea when I was 21 my back felt fine too, but doing that shit for years doesn't feel too great. And it's deadlifts specifically that make my back feel like shit so I just don't do them as much anymore.

If you don't literally train for powerlifting then you don't need to be deadlifting all the fucking time, be careful with that shit.

i literally explained that in an earlier post.

>casual lifters
>deadlifitng

Goodmornings

You forgot gay

How much do you weigh, what's your DL atm and how many years have you been lifting?

I have a bad lower back and for me it goes
sumo>t-bar>conventional

Probably better for a conventional lifter anyway just for the neutral grip. All it takes with a mixed grip is one mistake and bam, bicep tear

Not him but this huge dude at the gym said something about the same when giving me advice. Said if your lower back feels sore after deadlifting then your form is going to shit somewhere and you arent ready for that weight

Anybody ever round their back slightly when starting out doing deadlifts? Its not major pain, but it's there. Am I fucked for life or will it just heal?

What is there to heal?

Conventional, sumo, and trapbar deadlifts don't even train hamstrings efficiently lmao

You won't deadlift shit with weak hamstrings so it doesn't matter. If you get stronger in the deadlift your hamstrings should get stronger.

Also, you won't be a pussy if you train the dl.

Well, my lower back gets stiff, sometimes even sore from deadlifts and RDLs. For me, volume is the key factor, higher intensity doubles and triples cause way less stiffness than several sets of five or so. At some point I stopped doing regular deadlifts because I got worried of the soreness, yet longer term back stiffness increased, to the point of it making sleeping difficult. Once I resumed doing deadlifts regularly (starting from babby tier weights ofc) my back got better, and now I'm again issue free. I'm still in the process of doing rather light work sets, just to make sure I don't tweak anything which could put all my progress on other lifts on hold. The actual problems are more likel my uneven posture, bad sleeping position, shitty mattress and from doing a lot of office work/studying.

I pull 445, so nothing much, definitely something you could do with a faulty technique. Ppl who have seen me deadlift say that my form is just fine.

TL;DR deadlifts are what are currently keeping my back together and issue free.

your erectors are being worked isometrically during a deadlift...

Trap bar deadlifts are more like a squat. Squats + Deadlifts will hit a wider variety of muscles

>2017
>not doing squatlifts

Hahahahahahhahahahagagaga

Why the fuck would your shoulders grow from that?

i guess he has shitty form

traps are gay

Are you incapable of deciding on your own? Why let an autist board decide for you?

Conventional actually strengthens your lower back because it isnt just a squat where you are holding the weight in your hands instead of on your shoulders. You can replace any compound lift with enough accessories, however.

SLDL/romanian dl

lmao

MYSHOULDERSEXPLODED WHEN DOING CIRCLES

or wrestler