Ergs

Does Veeky Forums use this machine?

seems like it could be great for HIIT

Other urls found in this thread:

issaonline.edu/blog/index.cfm/2016/are-sit-ups-bad-for-you-the-us-military-seems-to-think-so
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't do cardio, so no. Time spent doing cardio is time that could be spent lifting more weights.

Even the bloatlord trains in walking.

Rowing is the GOAT cardio.

make sure you have some idea of what you're doing as far as form goes or you can fuck your back if you're going to long periods of time

it's a good way to do cardio with your whole body, I really don't think there's another way other than that weird fucking pole ladder climbing machine

I interchange swimming and rowing on cardio days, great calorie burn while cutting and good for getting heart rate up, only problem is if you do it after leg day you can burn out your hip flexors and do some damage.

Yes it is the single most efficient way to burn calories. there is a learning curve, but nothing will make your VO2max go up faster or burn off excess bodyweight faster.

it is literally the best exercise you can do for both cardio and muscular endurance

Former crew team bro here.

Go look up the form to row properly otherwise your back is gonna hurt and you're gonna wind up making the exercise a lot less effective. Rowing is the only cardio thing that I know of that also applies to your upper body, so that's nice. That being said rowing to set new pr's makes you feel like you're going to die.
Awesome exercise, you will feel like death if you decide you want to start rowing 2k's for time. If I remember correctly rowing is the second most demanding cardio exercise you can do, with only long distance cycling above it. God tier cardio.

i'm thinking I will include either 2Ks or HIIT sprits 30 seconds on 30 off on days I'm not squatting

2ks are the baseline for your fitness. aim for 8 minutes as a beginner, you might want to puke, that's normal.

you don't run sprints by time you run them by split. 500 yards is your split. row 500 as fast as you can, rest, repeat. puking is expected

your split time is the most important metric. rowing will make you understand your limits, it's literally as hard as you make it be, it is the final test of your body.

It is a fantastic exercise.
Watch a couple of Youtube videos and then just try it. Once you start actually using the machine more of these tips will make sense, or maybe they won't make any sense at all and I'm just scaring you away from the exercise. It really isn't that hard, but it isn't retard easy like a treadmill either, rowing has as much form as deadlifting or squatting does.

>push with legs, then pull with arms, then lean back slightly, then reverse this order. View the exercise as having three distinct parts that you are stitching together. Literally do this a few times, push with legs, pull with arms, lean back slightly, lean forward slightly, push arms straight out, pull legs in. Do that a few times slowly as if you are a stupid awkward machine man and each part is a separate exercise. Rowing is basically that motion but faster and a bit smoother. It should feel a little strange at first because people want to explode with their whole body at once and contract with their whole body at once instinctively
>if you are raising the handle to get it over your knees during the exercise, revert back to the previous step. This happens because you are trying to move your arms and legs at the same time
>pull the handle into that place where your ribs meet in the middle, maybe an inch below that.
>knees stay next to each other, do not go splitting your legs, this again is a signal that you aren't doing the first bit correctly and are trying to bring your arms and legs back at the same time. Repeat block man motions until this stops.
>back straight

It isn't allowed on military bases, because it's been shown to stress the heart muscle. Literally the worst form of cardio you can do.

>Protip: If the military bans something (like sit ups) they're doing it for a reason, eg their lawyers have recognised theirs enough scientific literature to support a class action lawsuit against them.

>military intelligence
>oxymoron

get ready to ruck pri

>US military being this much of a bunch of pussies
>Give me 200 situps, boot.

WTF is this faggotry

issaonline.edu/blog/index.cfm/2016/are-sit-ups-bad-for-you-the-us-military-seems-to-think-so

>stress the heart muscle
isn't that the point of cardio

How about this.

Being a rower back in highschool, this monster taught me how to be a man. Ergs not only build your muscle and improve your cardio, it also makes you mentally tougher if you use it right. Erging truly separates the men from the boys.

I got some nice tendonitis from it

Honestly, if you want to improve your cardiovascular endurance for any sort of sport nothing beats running imo. There's a reason why boxers absolutely swear by it. I know people talk shit about it all the time, but you only hurt or injure yourself if you run with poor form (like any other exercise) or push yourself too hard like a wanker. Sprints, tempo runs, long runs whatever. They're all good.

But hey, rowing looks like fun. If you enjoy it then go for it.

a.k.a. the hollywood driving machine

>be the future
>self driving cars are a thing
>rowing or lifting in commute
can't wait till i have a self driving gym

What does that even train?

>Running
Say goodbye to your cartilage.

>future
>having a commute
>not just working from home