Questions that don´t deserve their own thread

Questions that don´t really deserve a thread
I´ll start: Can hyperextensions with a roman bench like in pic related fix my lumbar lordosis?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24632736
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yo i was doing leg presses and the front of my ankle started shooting a small amount of blood. What gives?

Doing SL for about a month now, but I am seeing that SL gets shat on by Veeky Forumsizens.

Is SL that shitty? I am making progress and it doesnt seem shitty.

I added partial chinups (walking the plank like Scooby describes it) and working my way up to actual chinups. Is this a good idea?

Whad's habing a gf lige lads? Is id all I hobe and more?

To be honest it's not as "great" as you'd think, but that entirely depends on the type of relationship you have

>Last gf was 5 years ago
>We knew each other before we got together
>Kinda just slided into a relationship
>She: only child, likes horses, daddy's little princess
>Go figure

We weren't equals at all. She was kinda demanding (e.g. the bf of X got her a ring for christmas / birthday. And you just give me sth selfmade or a "cheap" pendant?)
She viewed my friends (who were no students, they did apprenticeships) as really stupid

Hindsight is 20/20,but that whole relationship was just toxic af. Didn't take any positive stuff out of it at all
You need someone by your side who views you as an equal, shares your passions and loves to support you (and ofc vice versa)

Tbh I kinda hate doing them on this setup. Only other option in my gym would be a machine though. Hypers (and reverse hypers) are essential to get a bulletproof back. But with a lordosis you also need to stretch your glutes and hamstrings, not just do a single exercise

You were unironically doing leg presses.

Pros
>sex
>love, attention, etc
>helps against depression
>fun
>become more normie

Cons
>time consuming
>don't like her friends
>exausting
>hard to get game is annoying
>fucks with gains and money
>have to fake a lot so she doesn't find out I'm weird

Idk if it will fix that shit but I do them weighted with a bar (or one of those shitty preloaded ones) with emphasis on keeping my upper back tight and straight and I feel as though it's helped my lifts.
Seems to teach the 'tight back' que, thanks klokov.

what are your goals? stats? cutting? bulking? recomping?

Im a skinnyfat manlet
> 5"7'
>143 lbs

Never did any sports or real exercise besides from riding my bike to work and running once in a while.

Currently eating at about 300 kcal increase, looking to bulk like this all the way to around 70kg and then cut down.

Good idea?

With 70kg being 154 lbs

Lol no but seriously. Is it just something minor is my leg fucked

I'm thinking about lifting weights until i get thin, and then switch over to yoga.

Is yoga an alright way to maintain strength?

No. Are you a fucking reetard?

I'm not thinking absolute strength and mass, but just enough to still look nice and "tight"

>yes, I am a retard

>t. Roastie

good lord, ok then

To mantain strength you gotta stimulate the muscle to a certain degree. You can't replicate 140kg deadlifts with fucking yoga.

Can I make gains when eating at a deficit?

I'm 100kg 185cm, eating at least 150g of protein per day, 1500kcal a day (2500kcal maintenance)

>but I am seeing that SL gets shat on by Veeky Forumsizens.
your ISP probably has shares in SS cause I never see anyone bad mouthing SL

>just enough to still look nice and "tight"

Skinnyfat here

Why is it that the only fat that i managed to accumulate only went around my stomach and butt cheeks?

What do i do/How do i do it, so that i can get fat proportionally all across my body?

bad for gains, and can be fucking crazy just outright unreasonable sometimes, but i guess it depends on your gf. learn to put your foot down and stand your ground before obtaining gf

>Can I make gains while I use more than I eat?
No.

When an exercise says 3 sets of 15 does that mean 15 reps 3 times or 15 reps 3 times x 3?

if you're new yes

You can't do anything about that, it's essentially the same reason as why spot reduction doesn't work.
Fat distribution patterns is mostly genetic, it seems.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24632736

There's no such thing as accumulating fat in one or two areas, fat distributes all over the body. However, men usually deposit more fat in their stomach and love handles than in the rest of the body.

I guess you could try losing weight so that the areas with more fat are less noticeable?

Yenwtiks

3x15 or 3 sets of 15 means 15 reps 3 times

I can't visualise how awful you look if you're fat at 143lbs. Post pics.

>Tried to gain weight this entire year while still being underweight by 15 kg

>Only to be forced to take it down because it makes me look like a freak

>Look like a freak being a toothpick
>Look like an ever bigger freak with belly gut and toothpick arms

Life truly is suffering

pic 2

pic 3

as you can tell, lack of muscle and just fat

I did just eat though.

My legs are better off

Do you lift?

Post a pic of your foot

can i use a table to dumbbell bench press?

you're not even that you just have shit posture look at your fucking rolled in shoulder ffs, sort your fucking posture out

>I did just eat though
expecting to look like anything else if you don't put in work towards making the food you eat muscle
wtf

Train to gain 1-2 kg per month or you just gain a lot of fat. I try to gain to a lot of weight too soon and just got skinny fat.

What's the best glute exercise for dudes? Specifically one that doesn't target quads- quads are decent, buy ass is practically non-existent.

t. asslet

No you cannot use a fucking table to do a fucking benchpress you retard. You obviously use a table for a table press

>2017
>not using tables as dumbbells

what are you? a pleb?

The amount of exercise that i can do is limited by my spine surgery i had some years ago.

The info i've gathered is that you bulk first, then cut where you want later, but that turned out to be disappointed

>Chubby
>Porker nose

I want to fuck it while forcing it to squeal and oink for my entertainment

like literal blood shooting out of your skin?

hip abductors stand in a squatted position off the seat and lean forward while you do them, also barbell hip thrusts

Stop using injuries as excuses, I used to say that my wrist injury stopped me from doing this and that. Had enormous pains, when I started lifting light I started being able to do shit with my wrists I couldn't before.

believe it or not. Getting the muscles around the injury stronger will help you not get pains

Clean your diet and don't be so sedentary. Practice some sport, calisthenics or even just walk more.
Most of skinnyfats eat like shit and spend all day in front of computer or TV.

Any tips on fixing posture?

wut

My bench has stalled at around ~200 lbs for a while now. I've messed with my routine a ton to break this plateau and nothing has worked. I'm 200 lbs but still kinda lanky at 6'6", because of this, do I need to weigh more than 200 to increase bench? I just want a better bench lads...

Yes absolutely, especially if you're carrying around a lot of fat, and haven't been lifting for long, or have been lifting like an idiot. This guy may be referring to gaining lean body mass, which is generally true but if define gains as strength increases, conditioning increases, and increases to lean body mass, you can definitely get 2/3

Are Close Grip Chin-Ups a good replacement to Curls?

google

My wife caught me masturbating our son and she's threatening to involve the police. wat do

I've been dieting for about 5 months but only lifting for two, went from 125kg to 100kg right now
I can see some newfound definition in my arms and legs while doing a basic dumbbell PPL routine
I'm wondering how far can I go with this, cause I wanna lose at least more 20kg before coming back to eat at maintenance

I know it's impossible to get HUGE on deficit, I'm just asking if it's worth it to continue lifting or should I just put it all on HIIT cardio to burn off my fat

Are weighted planks enough to get gnarly obliques?

Tempo'd Romanian Deadlifts.
If you're flexible you'll have to do them at a deficit to get a good stretch, do these with about a 4 second eccentric (the way down) and a normal pace on the way up. I like to program these 2 days after a heavy deadlift session such that even if I'm fatigued, I can still get good hamstring and butt work in while my CNS is relatively fried. For reference my deadlift is mid 400s right now, and I do RDLs with 1pl8.

Another good movement is barbell hip thrusts, but if you have a hard time activating the glutes, the return isnt that great.

The return on chinups will always be better than curls, however, close grip chinups tend to not work the bicep better. Actually a slightly wider underhand grip, focusing on supination through the movement tends to be a better bicep activator. Always try to do multi-jointed movements rather than single. Better bang for your buck

of course it's worth it to continue lifting, in fact it's better than doing cardio

when you do ab exercises suck in your stomach or you end up bloating the abs outwards looking fat

Good job on the progress, how tall are you? A few things I wish I knew when I was starting fitness and a journey into athletics that may be helpful for you.
First, the body gets very good at handling repeated bouts of metabolic stress. This means that jogging 30 minutes at the same pace 3x a week will have much faster diminishing returns than 1x a week at 45 at a slow pace, 1x at 15 minutes at a much higher pace, and 1x a week on a elliptical. This applies to lifting. High tier strength and conditioning coachs try to vary stimulus on a routine basis. Bodies adapt too well.

As such, you need to expose yourself to a vast amount of metabolic stress, so for people losing weight, and beginners in general I recommend doing as many compound lifts as possible. Chinups, dips, squats, deadlifts, farmer carries etc. You need to expose yourself to heavy loads to produce positive hormonal responses, in addition HIIT. A whole body stressor will always be more valuable than a isolation movement, so your basic dumbbell PPL is probably not helping you as much as you think.

As a last note, the fitness community, or at least here, tends to neglect two variables when considering exercise. As a function, we can manipulate, the movement, the weight/resistance, the tempo, and the rest interval.

People tend to only manipulate the movement and resistance as a means of progression, while neglecting the tempo and rest. A strength increase doesn't just mean upping your DB bench by 10lbs, if you can do the same weight, for longer, with a shorter rest, you're stronger than before. Do not neglect this, and for weight loss, limit your rest intervals as much as you can, and aim for a 3-4 second eccentric tempo on lifts that you can. (Don't do a 3 second eccentric on a clean, use common sense)

Keep lifting, the hormonal return on fat storage and overall health is too big to ignore.

can i bulk with stuff like red meat, white rice, red beans, oats, curd etc?

chicken breast is pretty expensive around here

She's just jealous, have your son masturbate her.

Tell her it was just a prank bro

185cm (6'0 I think?)

I'm currently doing HIIT with a clock app for it, 3 minutes warmup then 14 sets at medium 40s/hard 20s, then another 3 minutes for cooldown. Should I switch it up sometimes with something like less sets but 30/30 on the intensity?

My current routine is:
>A: floor press, floor fly, situps, arnold press, overhead tricep extension
>B: reverse curl, bent-over row, reverse fly, shrugs, bicep curl
>C: goblet squat, lunges, single leg deadlift, calf raises
3x12 everything, 90 seconds of rest between each one. Should I change anything? I was doing a modified SS for dumbbells but I didn't like it very much, for some reason having something different to do every day clicked more with me than working out on and off during the week

I'll try to vary things up a bit, maybe increase weight and do 5x5 instead of 3x12 occasionally. I'll see if I can get better at the tempo thing, I learned last week about focusing on all the movement and not just half of it (not letting the gravity do all the work)

Thanks for the info

did you say no homo or did you fag your own son?

hell yeah, cook with oils and butters and that should be fine

Just checked. Arteries and veins can tear if under too much weight when working out. Just tore one and it leaked out i guess

Source

What´s the problem with white bread?

If you're cutting it has too many carbs for what it offers. Just switch it to whole grain, it's tastier too.

Can you guys recomend me some good neck exercises that won't make me dizzy/turn me into a veggie?
I want to incorporate some shoulder and traps exercises into my workout, but I fear acieving volcano mode

Why would you want to fix a lumbar lordosis?

Glutes for sloots.

Does chewing gum will make my jawline more defined?

whats the best oil to cook eggs with ive been using butter for a while and used coconut oil before but its too much coconut so i used butter since

It's pretty bad for putting on mass but for strength it's alright.

I need to be good at sit ups for my fitness assessment, but sit ups are bad for your back. How can I train for sit ups?

Do lower back exercises like Supermans and train core too ofc

Keep doing SL. I gained strength and even built some muscle with that program as a beginner. If it worked for me It'll probably work for you too.

this so much

Probably yeah but start mewing anyways

If you have access to barbells, use those, so you can greatly increase the mechanical load. If you have dumbbells, you probably have access to a pullup bar and some chairs to do dips, make dips the focus of your day A, and pullups/chinups the focus of your day B. You aren't really doing anything very stressful (it's all stressful, but I mean relatively)
If you do have limited equiptment but do have dumbbells, start doing much higher volume work, as dumbbells have a weird strength curve for their usefulness.
Example being a 100lb db bench press is great at inducing stress, but it's rather hard to that point by using dumbbells. The magic of the barbell is the ability to overload.

You aren't going to get huge off of a few months of trap and neck training. That is extremely insulting to anyone with a good physique that you think it can just happen accidentally, and borderline retarded.
>i dont wanna deadlift bcuz i dont wanna get 2 huug!

Really though, tempo shrugs, neck bridges, and grappling for big traps and a big neck

How do I obtain the glutes for slutes? someone please assist

0 cal canola spray

What are some good warm-ups before squatting, particularly for the hammies

Can I drink Barley Tea for le epin quercetin meme??

That exists?

costco my man

I can finally afford to go to the gym from next month. 6'4"/193cm, 210lbs/95kg, skinnyfat but my legs and belly are starting to feel fat. When I start, should I be on a bulking or cutting diet?

How is it possible to not have calories in oil

Olive

should i snack if i plan on cardio(25min) after 70mins of lifting?

lumbar lordosis is

is caused by tight hip flexors.
Stretch your hip flexors and groin

It isn't, but the serving size is like a "quarter second spray" or something, so it's a pretty small amount that's actually being measured.