What program are you currently running and why, Veeky Forums?

What program are you currently running and why, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm running /u/Metallicadpa's(?) PPL but I'm not sure if it's the best program for bulking, also the workouts seem pretty boring IMO

I'm just hitting my upper body every day and my lower body every other day. It's working.

CS browser because I'm in the car and the built in adblock and UI are pretty nice.

Brave Browser because everything else is a botnet

upper lower rest
because I like it

HML cycle of squat and bench and 5/3/1 on press with some volume on dead lift

greg nuckols intermediate from 'the journey'

Started with a simple push/pull I read somewhere but kept on modifying it and adding exercises and stuf. It went more like "Hey, I'm lagging on this, let's train it more" and ended up bloating the routine with accesory lifts. (PPxPxPx)

Push: Squat 3x6
Bench 3x6
OHP 3x6
Weighted Dips 3x(8-12)
Calves 3xF
Neck on all 4 sides 3xF
Pushups 3xF
Hip Thrust 3x(8-12)

Pull:
Deadliftz 3x5
Row 3x6
Weighted pullups 3x (6-12)
Curls (supersetted with shrugs and oblique bends with the same barbell) 3x(6-8),20,15
Abs (no exercise in particular, what I feel like doing that day) 3xF
Rope Inverted Row 3x(8-10)
Forearm twists 3xF

twice a week full body but i dont do triceps or calves becasue my gym doesnt have a calf raiser.
In the future i might start hitting them though.
bascially im keeping it real casual and not all gung ho serious

PPL.

Push:
>OHP 3x5
>Weighted Dips 4x8
>incline flyes 3x8
>skullcrushers 3x8

Pull:
>Deadlift 3x5
>Weighted Pullups 3x6
>pendlay rows 3x8
>curls 3x8

Legs:
>Squats 7x5
>Weighted Calf Raises 3x15
>Ab Roller 3x15
>Flutter Kicks 3x20
>Bicycles 3x20

all days ended with 45min-1hour of heavy bag/speed bag/jump rope

get a fuckin job do you guys not have dads

the fuck are you talking about, i go from 5:30-7pm after work

nSuns 5/3/1 5 day. I just enjoy it, good amount of volume and suits my needs.

Has a main and secondary compound lift every day, 9 and 8 sets respectively, and you add your own accessories. Monday I will focus accesories on chest, wednesday is shoulders, friday is triceps, and tuesday and thursday mainly back work.

>Monday: Flat bench/OHP
>Tuesday: Squat/Sumo deadlift
>Wednesday: OHP/Incline bench
>Thursday: Deadlift/Front Squat
>Friday: Flat bench/CG bench

ICF on MWF, beginner Dumbbell Split on TTrS. 30 minute run after ICF, 30 minute swim after dumbbells. Sunday is a 2 hour roadmarch with a 40lb assault pack.
> Started at 5'5 236. Still 5'5, but now 201 as of this morning. Today was day 90.
Tired of being a fatfuck.

>not lifting before or after work

People who cry they have no time because they work only fucking 40 hours a week should genuinely kill themselves.

>neck
elaborate?
>pushups to fail
y tho

Texas Method because it was the thing Rippetoe recommended after finishing up Starting Strength. Upper body lifts are going up well, but the lower stalled after two weeks on the program. Probably going to try out Juggernaut Method soon.

I work 38 hours a week, and can get 10 hours done in the gym comfortably.

So you're agreeing with him.... I think most independent adults would. I certainly do and I spend hours everyday watching tv

Yea, I agree with him. You have 168 hours a week.

>Sleep should be about 56 hours.
>Work, 40 hours.
>Gym 8-12 hours if you include preparation, travel times, showers etc.

This leaves you with at least 50 whole hours of free time. Obviously some of that will be lost on cleaning, cooking and such, but it's still plenty.

NSUNS 5/3/1 4 day
was originally doing the 5 day version but I'm cutting pretty hard, so it was tough to handle with volume without having extreme focus each training sesh

Not the dude you're replying to but I'd imagine neck is doing
neck curls 3xF
Both side neck curls 3xF
Neck extensions 3xF

Pushups 3xF would be to develop some muscular endurance. Something that is grossly overlooked on Veeky Forums

customized gzclp because i needed weekly progression also liked the volume and the stalling protocol.

Steve Cook Modern Physique, modified to remove the faggot exercises. It's definitely helping progression but I'm only intermediate

doing a modified UL right now, its pretty fun and seeing gains on it so

Work Whatever You Feel Like That Isn't Sore

Today I didn't feel like riding the bus for 45min each way so instead of going to the gym:
>3xF pullups (15, 11, 8)
>4x10 db curls
>3x12 lawnmower starts
Prolly gonna squat tomorrow b/c the rules are the rules, then have fun with bench and push assistance

PPLA
>Push
>Pull
>Legs
>Arms

*flexes 'cep and walks away*

exrx.net/WeightTraining/Weightlifting/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html
ive been running this for my squat, have been putting 20-25lbs each cycle. might keep milking this for a year, it's fun.

>not ending push days with pushups to failure
I mean maybe do dips instead if you're a pushlord like me who can do a lot of em...

My own RPE based DUP programming that has some level of progression and fatigue management.

SL 5x5
Building base strength (unironically)

crossfit programming and weightlifting technique work.

Full Body, kind of like strong lifts but wit squats and deadlifts broken up on different days, as well as more upper body work

A day
Bench
Squats
Pendlay or cable rows
Arnold Press
Chin ups
band pull a parts super setted with planks

B day
Overhead press
Trap bar deadlift
Weighted pull ups
Dumbbell bench
Band pull a parts super setted with planks

I've been lifting consistently for a about 18 months. My schedule is currently all over the place, but this allows me to go a consistent 3 days a week and always challenge myself. I change around volume and intensity to build up to heavier loads. I enjoy full body exercises, I feel like it's a more complete workout than any split can offer. Also, I will typically through in other accessories, such as curls, overhead tricep extensions and hyperextensions.

Full body 3 days a week alternating days

A:

Squat 3*5
DB bench press 3*5-6
Barbell row 3*5
Curls 3*6-8
Shrugs 3*10-12
Lateral raises 3*12

B:
Trap bar deadlift 1*3 (with many warmup sets of 5)
Press 3*5
Chins 3*10-15 (increase weight if can do more)
Misc. Tricep work 3*8-12
Usually add in curls too 3*6-8

I usually alternate the days, but often I've been doing B twice a week and A once since I'm trying to focus more on my deadlift and press.

Anyone have any suggestions on my routine?

Push:
>Bench press 5x5
>OHP 5x5
>incline dumbbell bench press 3x12
>tricep push downs supersetted with dumbbell lateral raises, 3x12, 3x20 respectively
>sitting tricep dumbbell extensions supersetted with more dumbbell lateral raises, 3x12, 3x20 respectively
>hanging knee raises 3xwhatever

Pull:
>Deadlift 1x5
>lat pulldowns 3x12
>chest supported rows 3x12
>facepulls 5x15
>dumbbell hammer curls 3x15
>dumbbell bicep curls 3x15

Legs:
>romanians 3x12
>leg press 3x12
>leg extensions 3x12
>lying hamstring curls 3x12
>weighted calf raises 5x12

I really enjoy my routine, any advice would be appreciated

>inb4 squat

yeah, noted

SS with accessories, want to get strong fast. Tbh getting aesthetic too somehow.

Unironically SS because I'm cutting

How many reps would be considered a lot?

Basically Veeky Forums's greyskull LP going AxBxCxx

A:
>3x5 bench press
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Squat
>3x8 tricep extension
>3x10 dumbell supinated curl

B:
>3x5 bench press
>3x5 OHP
>1x5 deadlift
>3x10 tricep extension
>3x10 lateral raises

C:
>3x5 bench press
>3x5 OHP
>3x5 Sqat
>3x10 tricep extension
>3x10 dumbell hammer curl

Actually looking for advice I think it's solid, but my friend gave it to me so I'm curious what Veeky Forums thinks

whats wrong with simple strength

Thinking about to start Canditos Linear Monday, whats the scoop on it?

you should probably know that Rippetoe does not recommend Texas Method anymore, and none of his coaches do either

I hate to do this meme but what kind of program is good if I just want to be a bit toned? I cycle an hour a day every day and have been doing PPL but I don't like that my shoulders and chest are getting bigger. I don't want to stop working them alltogether, but I don't want them to get any bigger either. London btw etc

you need to do something for your upper back and should probably lighten up on the volume on the triceps. add in pullups/chinups and replace at least one tri ext with face pulls

stop cycling, cardio bunnies are fluffy for a reason
more skwats.

The "toned" look is formed from residual muscle tension which is formed by
dun
dun
dun
High intensity (read heavy weight) resistance training. Long slow reps.

You are likely mid stage of your training 4-6ish weeks right?
At this stage the built up muscle has yet to metabolize the extra fat. and you're the biggest you'll be volume wise. but unless serious hormones your body simply cannot anabolize that much mass. weight for the catabolism