Will being jacked equate to being a decent fighter...

Will being jacked equate to being a decent fighter? I want to be able to destroy most other dudes if they try to start some shit. How does on learn fighting skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0tzjcEgPWpM
youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=D3EjguU3U1g
youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Will being jacked equate to being a decent fighter?
No. That said, you should get jacked first. Necessary condition, not sufficient condition.

Wrestle first because it's so physically demanding. Once you're a decent wrestler you know you have your base and can start really learning to fight. Find tourneys with an open age group--they're common--and give it a year. Also it's cheap, you'll pay a club a pittance per season instead of a gym $100+/mo

no, knowing about technique and being stronger will equate to being a better fighter.
will getting stronger make you more jacked? yes, but don't focus on curls and other isolation exercises like that if you just want to be a better fighter.

learn by practicing in an environment where you can do it a lot without getting wrecked.
Being jacked can be an advantage, but don't count on it.

Like the others said it doesnt mean u r a good fighter. But it does a lot of intimidation when u r talking about a street brawl or something of that sort. Just take up a self defense class like krav maga and youll be ok

This is the correct answer.

yeah most other guys, not fighters though

yes you’ll be able to slam most people to the ground and if you land a punch it’ll likely knock out a large number of bug men. being bigger, taller and faster than others is all that matters in combat between untrained brawlers. also pain tolerance

yeah that's what I meant. average joe at the bar. and anyways I've noticed the kind of guy that is going to get in your face and start shit usually isn't a good fighter

Being muscular can help you endure injuries and recover faster

Get yourself in good shape and then join a boxing gym.

Stop looking for fights you retard.

I'm a solicitor and I can guarantee you that getting into a fight to impress some dumb slut will never make your life better and can definitely make it a lot worse.

Just walk away.

But walk away backwards so you don't get slogged in the back of the head by one of my clients.

>b-b-b-but then i'll be a coward
Better that than a retard. But feel free to disagree, retard.

Any maniac can have fighting skills or could want to "start somthing"...thats why i carry a gun

Ha. Shut up fag. Fighting is fun and you’re a bitch hahahaha fag. Pussy ass loser. Little faggy bitch nigga you suck

P-p-pleaSe Mr. OP don’t get in a f-f-fight! I’m a solicitator!! No. You’re a bitch nigga

agreed, wrestling and ground game in general is so important.

He's right you know

My friend was in the firefighter academy. Now he's an unemployed felon doing 5 years probation

LOL fighting is all about fast twitch fibers and testosterone levels, lifting may only increase your already genetic make up bigger and stronger

but if you face a fast twitchbro you are fucked

youtu.be/0tzjcEgPWpM

No

You don't have to fucking kill the dude just incapacitate him and defend yourself, don't be a retard

That's mostly a myth honestly. If someone is an adult looking to enter into combat, they probably have been in it before. Someone can be an asshole and competent.

It will definitely help. Assuming equal skill levels, the fit guy has a large advantage. Don't think trained fighters/martial artists will have any difficulty with you.

I've fought Muay Thai/American boxing for 10 years and MMA for 3. I'm not the largest guy, but I'm well over 6ft and a lean 200. I am roided to the gills. The worst I've ever got my ass beat was to a 5'4 140 lb Thai fighter. I've since started training with him and we're good friends, but even though I stood almost a ft taller, had reach and power advantage, he still destroys me.

The guy here who said to start with wrestling is wise. It's not the only option, but it's one of the best. Many fights have a tendency to end immediately or turn into a chaotic grappling match. Your adrenaline impacts you much more than you realize, so all those elaborate moves you have planned will not happen. You will revert to instincts / what you have trained heavily. In the case of wrestling, you'll most likely bring them to the ground while having a dominant position before they realize. It's extremely easy to rain down punches / elbows or pin someone from that position.

If you want to go further, there are other striking arts. I'm biased towards Muay Thai (Thai boxing) as it's my first love, but there is nothing wrong with boxing, sambo, and most kickboxing academies. Train whichever one is your style, they're all good.

Do not listen to the people who turn it into a dick measuring contest. "HURR DURR MY MARTIAL ART IS DA BESTEST, ALL OTHERS SUCK." Ignore idiots like that. All arts are good and have their own advantages. Pick one you like and train. It's great strength and conditioning as well. Getting fit will absolutely help it too.

If you're looking to strike, I recommend muay thai, boxing, MMA or kickboxing.

If you're looking to grapple, I recommend wrestling, MMA, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, judo, etc.

people die from one punch not because the punch was super hard but because they fall and smack their heads on concrete

Being a better fighter wins fights. After my first day of MMA, I stopped finding meatheads intimidating

Even average bear lands lucky punches. If you are seriously looking to fight then just being strong doesn't mean much.

How to spot DYEL who has never been in a fight

I'd like to see a fight like that except with someone like this dude instead of a manlet body builder.

in fight being aggresive is sometimes much more important than being strong also there are a lots of pressure points like liver one middlepunch takes a meathead down easily

I know a person who killed a friend in the school because he threw a sucker punch and hit the temple, shit's sad yo

Just learn how to punch user. I boxed as a kid and after 11 I stopped but I never forgot how to keep my guard, slip and throw punches.
If you know the basics and are Veeky Forums you can easily beat 95% of the male population. Men literally overestimate themselves by 3000%. Most guys who start a fight are either very unexpetienced, with more people than you or have never had their shit handed to them. Have you ever been in a ream.fight? Everyone uses huge swings/hooks for "max" force. They're easily blocked or countered. Even when they connect they dont hurt at all because almost nobody knows how to put their weight behind a punch.
As soon as you get your guard up, slip a punch and retaliate they'll know they made a mistake. Fighting is also a mental battle.

t. A guy who ko'ed 3 guys who jumped me 3 weeks ago

Luck too. Lots of arms going in all directions could hit just the right spot

Neither

>strongest man on earth
>thinking someome would bother fighting him
Lol

And what do you think happens if the guy who's jacked is also good at fighting?

Strength, skill, and weight are all equally important. Being superior in 2 of those 3 compared to your opponent will give you a great advantage.
Take at look at this for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
One is far superior in skill, the other in strength and weight. It's a mock battle, but still obvious enough to see who would win.

A gun will make you a better fighter.

>>>/tumblr/

I have no idea where you're going with that.

>one puunnchhh!

It will help IF you know how to fight. If you don't then you're living in a fantasy world and you need to try out a martial art or two to find out how helpless you are.
If you've never been in a fight, never been punched in the face or never grappled, everything you think you know goes out the window.

>I want to be able to destroy most other dudes if they try to start some shit.

Try going /k/ommando

Lol

Yes to a very small extent, no if you look like pic

>equally important
nope
skill>strength>weight

Increase your physical performance, including stamina.
It doesn't matter who throws the strongest punch, but the one who can still breathe and think, i.e not letting your impulses and adrenaline take over.

I've been in many fights and what I can tell is that I outwear my opponents stamina relativly easy where their posture becomes weak, and then start working on them.

For me, experience is what matters, you never know how a fight turns out to be, but through experience you start to control your stress and impulses that come in a fight, unlike many I've seen become neanderthal-like, not knowing what they're doing.

Get some experience in local mma clubs, work on stamina and stress handling and never start a fight just because you're better.
Everything comes with a responsibilty.

any knock to the head will get you, so no

humans really are bad at hand to hand combat

It obviously has some transfer. I mean most people on here do not train for fighting, but probably agree that the version of them now that lifts would beat up the version of themselves before they started lifting.

Probably never trains endurance and will gas after round 2

Didn't win the title though did he... sore fucking loser about it too

post the webm of Bisping getting BTFO by a jacked GSP

go out at night and fight criminals. that's what I do, honestly the best workout I can think of. just try not to get stabbed.. it hurts like hell

Skills > Strength. Sure at some point strength just annihilates skill, but most people aren't genetic freaks. I don't know why some people on Veeky Forums are so sensitive when you tell them that their heavy ass lifts won't help them in a fight

isn't OP pic an old Veeky Forumsizen?

>‘I could’ve crushed McGregor in sparring session’
youtube.com/watch?v=D3EjguU3U1g

If you werent a basement dwelling autist you'd realize there are situations and people in life that make a fight inevitable

youtu.be/23LR6pWEpKU

Not saying McGregor would beat him easily, but he sucks at boxing. I'd say maybe a Middleweight could beat him easily. Definitely a LHW/HW though.

yes his name was OBC or OCB or something like that

only is 3rd world countries and america.

I am 27 and have never witnessed any violence in my daily life.

Where to buy that punching bag?

Holy fuck that ref is fucking awful. ONE blow to the back of the head can prove fatal and give an extremely serious concussion. That dude hit him hard 15+ times there. Jesus CHRIST that was hard to watch. I wouldn't be surprised iif the dude suffered serious permanent brain damage after that.

>Necessary condition, not sufficient condition.
Honestly, that's bullshit

I started kickboxing when I was 14 and was en route to being a pro. I stopped and started doing grappling at age 17 and been doing Jiu Jitsu and lifting a shitload of weights for the last few years. I recently came back to Muay Thai and I know some incredible fighters who are skinny as fuck. Look at dudes like Max Holloway or Sean O'Malley -- while they would probably be way stronger if they put on some muscle, the fact that they feel comfortable at their weight makes them much deadlier than lean body mass could. I feel embarrassed by the fact that I'm getting outstruck by dudes I'm so much stronger than.

Look up "standing speed bag" or "double end speed bag". Your local sports store might have one.

in that case, make the black belt a 120kg man like Werdum, or that freak fight between Bob Sapp and Big Nog. Fighting someone much stronger is never pretty, though. Big Nog got his back fucked up for life, despite winning.

>wanting to grapple and fight on the ground
All fun and games until tyrese's buddies start stomping your shit on the ground or stabbing you while your tied up grappling.

Thanks

No, it's even more likely that being jacked will decrease your fighting skills even. While it won't matter for your casual street fight, it will make you gas out quicker, make you slower and stiff.

You want to learn how to fight? Join a boxing gym. Additionally, go running twice a week for stamina gains and train your FUCKING NECK.

This. In terms of fighting for self-defense, krav maga wins every time.

Not all arts are good though. That's why people who've trained aikido or some crappy offshoot of karate get into streetfights thinking they can defend themselves and get destroyed

Sorry bro, but Krav is a meme. All demonstration, never sparring

Judo wins, there is nothing that can beat a good Judo master, and if you are built like a mountain you will become a god of life and death,

>Technique beats streng-

But if you lift aren't you stronger than anyone that doesn't lift and isn't an experienced fighter? Let's say your lifts are 1/2/3/4. That means your grip strength is pretty good. So if you manage to grapple the other guy he stands no chance? Assuming it's 1v1 and the other person isn't armed.

that was all technique. the guy locked his arm out after screwing up that haymaker and left himself open for the guy with the cheeto dust hair to uppercut him.

The thing with more muscle is you will gas faster if you aren't properly conditioned. Also weightlifting helps in grappling but not entirely in striking

being heavier and being strong relative to your weight will definitely help. actually learning to fight would be a better approach, of course

>The thing with more muscle is you will gas faster if you aren't properly conditioned
Yeah but the average guy is probably less conditioned than a guy who seriously lifts.

Take a good look, lanklets. Tunnel day is near

Muscle needs more oxygen. A lot of people don't train cardio because they prioritize strength over endurance. Not saying they have better endurance but a stronger guy needs more fuel.

Its like a hybrid vs a muscle car.

But aren't most fights over in less than a minute?

Usually the heavier the weightclass is the faster it will finish. I believe almost HW fights end 50% of the time.

Did you see how fat he was?

He already had brain damage.

That kid would kick my ass.

And even better is avoiding confrontation as much as possible (at least where violence is likely to take place) and carrying a firearm if legal.

the best is being over 6'2, 220 lbs, high ratio of explosive muscle fiber, with other top tier friends all the time, wealthy and intimidating. You get to decide where you go

No.

You just need to be good at throwing a punch.,

Movies and TV lie, it doesn't matter how big or strong you are, getting smashed in the face is all the same.

Ah yes you and your intimidating friends are immune to bullets.

> just incapacitate him and defend yourself
if you are not ready to kill someone in a street fight, you have no business fighting and you will lose and possibly die or end up with life altering injuries. Avoid fighting, even if you were somehow justifiable in picking a fight you will spend a lot of money in court.

> first day of MMA
> iamverybaddass
> meatheads
I train MMA, the sport is filled with meatheads.

version of me that trained would beat lifting version of me.

When not lifting, I have a walking weight of about 155(11% bf), now I'm up to 175(14% bf)

I also have about 4 years of striking exp and 4 month of grappling. My exp at 155 would destroy me at my weight with no training.

I've always known how to fight from fighting a lot as a kid, but now I have a very analytical advantage, knowing how to read, anticipate, etc. I regularly spar and roll against guys that are 200 lbs with no experience and I have very little issue controlling the fight. I also get tossed around by brown belts that are 145-155.

fit to fight gyms have sparring- but they also have a bs ranking system that makes you "test" into sparring, so even if you have prev exp, they won't let you spar until you spent so much money.

Ngannou has been boxing since he was a child. Despite being late to getting formal training, you can't discount the technique he's built up from a lifetime of experience.

You see Rich Piana type of people at your gym?

fighters dont live long

>Rich Piana
not bodybuilder meat heads, but people take their lifting very seriously. At 170, I'm smaller than half the people in my gym.

Well I was talking about bodybuilder big, of course a guy like Darren Till would be intimidating at 170

>how does one learn fighting skills?

Simply this. If you can still lift weights to keep gaining strength and/or muscle mass it will better your fighting performance a lot, but it's pretty hard to do both for matters of time and energy, and money.

heh

>t. A guy who ko'ed 3 guys who jumped me 3 weeks ago

no need to larp for authority, your point stands on its own