/SPORTS/

/SPORTS/ general

i know at least some of you nerds play something right?

talk about what you play, give tips, etc.

i just started back into rugby a couple weeks ago and holy fuck im out of shape. i need to start running more but can anyone recommend me some good agility drills? i was playing outside centre yesterday and i missed way too many tackles because i just cant switch direction fast enough.

flanker here

you miss tackles because you dont enter the attacker zone

so, dont try to tacle from a far away, get really closer without looking down or closing eyes

if i played a sport i would have freinds and not be on Veeky Forums

I was not conditioned to become a pro athlete starting at age 4 so I missed my chance to play any sport. Instead I grew up fat and never knowing how to exercise.

Lifting is the only """sport""" I can do and even so I am still trying to reverse all the damage from younger years.

I'm jealous of you people who got into sports and exercising at a young age.

i didnt. i was a neet playing mu and cs 1.6 all day long, every summer. when friends came to my house to chill id say to them to fuck off..

fucking retarded. in about 20 started lifting to overcome a breakup. 23 started rugby

im never leaving this lifestyle, feel fucking great, women comes easy as fuck, i can satisfy my aggressive needs in the field so yes. life is good.

we LITERALLY have a board for that

When I finish cutting down to somewhere in the range of 210 - 220 pounds I will be playing rugby at a local club. I am currently at college. I will play for a club we have. I am 360 pounds rn. Weight training for 8 weeks. Have lost almost 50 pounds since coming to college. Started at 409 pounds.

I may be fat but at least I am not a NEET gamer. Though I do play some ARMA 3.

I play pick up basketball half or full court for cardio.

Playing DDR will unironically help your footwork.
Practicing on your own for an hour a week will greatly improve your field goal percentages.

I look forward to this winter vacation since I'll be able to play full court once or twice a week. Next semester will be nice since I can play every Friday morning with the basketball coach, professors and other students.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Wouldn't mind discussing basketball with other fitfags

Get back to bulking and zercher front raises.

My college rugby club is full of 140-160 pound twinks. I play prop at 210, how screwed am I when I graduate and join an actual club?

How tall are you.

About 6'3

You should be fine. Just do heavy weight training. 210 seems light at 6 3. Maybe get to 230.

Nice ill try that out, thanks

What do you think about me and my plan? I am the guy who posted a pic of myself. 360 pounds.

I play ping pong 4 hours a week with the dive-bombers up at my college. They're really good and I've improved greatly over the years.

25 y/o post-college male here.

Just moved to a new city, and have zero friends outside of work. Rugby always seemed fun as hell.

6'1", 190, 15%BF, and I have 4/3/2/1

Is it weird to try to join a sports club?

I'm not an experienced rugby player but that sounds solid to me, but maybe if you focus on cardio you won't need to cut down that light. Good job with the weight loss tho

>25 year old vet here

Nah man, that's what I did after I got out and started school, playing rugby while im older, stronger and in my prime is fun as fuck and you'll make friends out of your team.

Used to play Rugby when I was a kid but I was never really into it, although its actually become pretty enjoyable to watch recently where formerly I found it boring, am I maturing or did I just become more boring?

Also Boxing is my sport, literally have never been so passionate about anything in my life, if you are looking for a sport to pick up thats more than a game and will make you a man, wrap your hands, toss on the gloves and start working towards a PHD in the Sweet Science

Thanks brother. I am decently strong right now I think. For instance, my father is 240 pounds, and I can lift him off the ground about a foot in a bear hug hold.

My dilemma is endurance. I have explosiveness starting a sprint, but that speed doesn't last for more than a few feet.

Basically, I get gassed out. So windness/conditioning is what I need to work on.

Good luck to you.

At least you're naturally big. I started as a lanklet and slow, was 130 lbs before I started lifting. Now I'm just slow!

Good luck to you too