/fast/ #59 fuck food, I do what I want edition

>What is /fast/?

Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open]

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis [Open]
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8 [Open]

Why you should consider carnivore:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0 [Open]

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open]

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open]
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg&t
youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk
chat.whatsapp.com/Ca05BN551kE8SqsHL0uioT
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Send help. I've gained 15lbs in the last 6 weeks. How long must I fast to correct this?

Can I OMAD with mostly protein and

>Why you should consider carnivore:
what

Stop eating.

dear /fast/

I reached my goal weight (70Kgs), now I'll go omad for some months and I'll exercise a lot
thank you for everything, may the god of gains shine on your empty plates

I'm doing my first fast ever, a 24 hour water fast.

What should I expect?

I'm 14 hours in.

bumping question from old thread

Reminder that if you do OMAD you better be doing keto, and if you're doing keto you better be doing 0 carb keto.
As little as 20g of carbs in a day can spike your insulin enough to make you gain weight, even when eating extremely low cal.

yes to both

>0 carb keto.
impossible

You'll be hungry around the usual times you'd eat. Just try to be somewhere else than where you usually eat and do something else and it'll pass.

24 hours is easy, as in you don't need to worry what you eat to break the fast. Obviously best thing would be a Keto meal, which you might want to think few hours before your 24 hours is up.

Otherwise you'll be golden. You will make it, easy.

.. I weighed 568 lbs yesterday, by the way.

This really isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Do you think I should try to push it past 24 hours?

Just curious where do you weight yourself? Or are they making xxxxxxxxtra scales in USA already?

On snake diet group there is a guy who started at your weight I think

I think you should pust it past 24 days senpai. Just take your salt and as long as you feel good (ie dont feel like dying) fucking continue. Its easy. Hunger is just in your head

Not that user, but what if i went on a 42 hour fast?
Would i need to worrt about anything?
Was thinking about doing 42 hour fasts every week and keeping myself at 1500 cal a day when not fasting for the next two months.

I used the MyWeigh XL-700, the weight varies by like 5 lbs so I just used the upper number.

I thought I weighed around 470 before I weighed myself, so it was a little surprising. Believe it or not I'm still mobile, go to the gym, and I was dieting before I started this.

I think fasting is more for me than pure dieting.

>0 carb keto
No thanks I like being alive
Also I've been doing OMAD with max 50g carb keto and haven't loss less than a lb a day this month

Not even close.

No 42 hours is pretty short so I would not worry about anything.

Tho one girl passed out at around 40 hours mark after working out

>Just take your salt

I'm watching the videos as I'm writing but I haven't seen that part, can you explain?

You'll have to evaluate that when you get to 23 hours. That will be one of the hardest parts. The temptation of food is there. But if you feel good go for it man. Even at 48 hours the landing back is surprisingly soft, just don't hit your stomack with 1kg of carrots like some people, that will cause major constipation.

>Believe it or not I'm still mobile, go to the gym, and I was dieting before I started this.
Good for you. How old are you?

How do you plan on shitting?

I'm 25 and 6'3-1/2

Our bathroom scales go up to 700 lbs now to accommodate the average American.

When your water take increases you will piss away salt, which is essential for your well beign.

Salt is easy to fix, but after some point along the line you'll be running out of potassium, which is another mineral you need to balance out the salt.

With 48 hours I wouldn't be supper concerned with either, maybe take some salt after 24 hours, but for longer fasts I would use "snakejuice" to fix mineral balance. It'll just make things easier.

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg&t

On fast your body is losing electrolytes (sodium and potassium). When you are electrolyte depleted you feel like shit (possible fainting,rapid heartbeat etc) so if you are serious you should not just drink water but you should add sodium chloride and potassium chloride into it

I would like to add that when I did my first longer water fast (21 days) I was drinking only water (no salts because I didnt know my shit) and I felt FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Now with replenishing my salts its totaly different and I feel fine as fuck

Is right. 42 hours is harmless, maybe take some salt if you are going to be exercising, but otherwise all you need is water.

kek

Can confirm also this is average american toilet

Getting a little bored of plain water now, and have no use for snake juice on OMAD.
Is using a Sodastream to carbonate my water fine?
I don't have an addiction to soda that I'm trying to work around, just trying to spice up my water.

Keto produces unsulin spikes.

Stop eating food, weak omad keto pussies

Please take before pics. You're not expecting this to work so you haven't bothered. I made the mistake of not taking before pics.

Enjoy your flabby loose skin ketofag
Stop Eating Food

Been losing a pound a day on OMAD for a month.
Stay mad, snakenigger.

>source: my ass
Read a book, retard.

Ugly op

Yo snake guy said he DRY fasted for 7 days, how the fuck is this possible? I've never tried it but still

>Believe it or not I'm still mobile, go to the gym, and I was dieting before I started this.
BLOAT

muh autophagy

My headaches are gone, my sinus problems are gone, my knee pain is gone, I no longer sleep all weekend.

My mother of course after I explained keto and fasting to her, asked once I hit my goal weight how I am going to stop losing weight. She says I'm going to have to go off the diet and start sucking down carbs again to maintain or gain weight, which of course I dont want to do since then all my problems come back because of the sugar spikes.

Once you reach your goal weight on keto with intermittent fasting, how can you continue the lifestyle while maintaining weight, since keto and fasting apparently makes Calories In Calories Out not work, so I can't just eat more?

Why can't I drink coffee in the morning while snake juicing?

key word is "apparently" there as in it's not true, there is no substantial evidence or seminal papers to support this claim in humans, just a lot of speculation.

>Once you reach your goal weight on keto with intermittent fasting, how can you continue the lifestyle while maintaining weight, since keto and fasting apparently makes Calories In Calories Out not work, so I can't just eat more?
You can eat more. Once I´m done with weight loss I will just do OMAD and bulk on that. I wont be doing keto but if I was I would eat fatty high calorie snacks like nuts,eggs etc

Also eczema user are you here? We were talking about fasting and eczema few days ago. How are you doing?

youtube.com/watch?v=-fkv1Dkh-Ls

youtube.com/watch?v=sUOT36hC2bk

Constant high cortisol and the destruction it does to your stomach lining

WHO WILL STOP (((THEM))) ???

Cheers m8

thanks fellas

I'm gonna make it

just did, thanks for the advice

Does creatine break a fast ?

Good luck man. Stick to a prolonged fasting regiment with snake potions. OMAW is patrician by the way.

>t. Needs loose skin surgery
So based.

The "meh, good enough" crowd of weak people always looking for the path of least resistence will always get "meh, good enough" results. You were warned.

Just never eat in more than a 19/5 IF window.

You mean people without the willpower to fast?

>t. weakling who needs to eat every 3 hours

Yeah, shouldn't have any seriously detrimental mental or physical effects. Carbonated water is slightly more acidic though, so take care of your teeth

Yes.

DONT PINCH SEÑOR LOBSTER

is it okay to run like 5km while water fasting once every 2-3 days?

Fasting and exercising go hand in hand, right?

No, they go hand in underpants. My hand, your underpants.

Why everyone thinks fasting is a suicide method.

How "careful" do you need to be starting eating again after a week-long fast?

Because it unironically is one in India, called Sallekhana

How many days of fasting to kill yourself?

you can survive on water and a multivitamin

Nope

>tfw 32/30 "SKINNY SLIM" jeans are falling off your ass
that twink life tho

if you drink water and eat vitamins it just depends on how fat you are

Am I fucked up or is water extremely sweet now. I'm on my first fast.

Has anyone here that isn't a snake nigger found that fasting fixes loose skin? Or is it a meme?

Previously, all water was either just good tasting or bad tasting. Now it's like I can taste the weird little nuances between water brands and can understand how smooth more expensive water is.

I feel like a wine connoisseur gently sipping and savoring fucking water. Wine, beer, coffee, all that shit doesn't compare to complexity of water since those things are all 99% water so the water matters so much more than the grapes or hops or beans.

I think primarily what I'm tasting is the difference in alkalinity though. Evian is so more smooth than Kirkland or Trader Joes and is even better than Fiji.

I had the same thing when I started eating healthier and didn't eat any sweets or soda - everything else started to taste so much better and more interesting. I didn't eat most veggies then, but after cutting sweet stuff I love them

Before this thread I really didn’t realise that going one day without eating was something people had never experienced before.

It almost comes naturally if you have a job or are otherwise busy all day.
Have dinner, go to sleep, wake up, go to work, have dinner same time when you get home, and you’ve just done 24 hours. It’s easier if you stop thinking of it as such a huge undertaking (it isn’t)

Water fast then dry fast or dry fast then water fast?

Is it safe to break my 2 days fast with oats?

About to go on a three day fast after I’m finished with finals lads, any advice?
Also is it okay to take multivitamins during a fast? I know some of them contain fat soluble vitamins that would be wasted but what about the other ones?

there is so much information to absorb it's hard for me to fully grasp all of this

if you're drinking the snake juice and are severely overweight, can you seriously survive on that alone for long periods of time?

I´m glad that avocado finally fucked off

>if you're drinking the snake juice and are severely overweight, can you seriously survive on that alone for long periods of time?
Supplement some vitamins just to be safe, but yes. One fatty went over a year.

any advice on vitamins? it seems like every single multivitamin is claimed to be a scam

I always laugh when you speak of fasting nowadays everyone thinks you are trying to kill other people and that you are fucking nuts.

The more you eat the more weight you will gain, either in muscle or fat. If you eat too much you will get fat, no matter what you eat. It is quite hard to do this on keto, try overeating on a high fat meal and see how long you can go, but absolutely possible, especially if you eat constantly throughout the day.

You can maintain your weight on keto no problem. You can lift and gain muscle on a VLCHF diet without a problem.

Also, eating carbs doesn't mean you have to snarf down pizza and chocolate.

If you're fasting you should already realize this:

"maintaining" is bullshit.
Gain fat -> fast
eat -> gain weight (hopefully you're lifting if you do this)
Don't overthink it.

You're literally describing everyone in /fast/.
Fasting is the easy way out and screws up your metabolism.
It's for people who are too weak and impatient to commit to a healthy plan of diet and exercise for an extended period of time.
You lose tons of muscle, and get fuckloads of loose skin. Enjoy that.

>eating is harder than not eating

I am willing to bet my whole net worth that you are an obese chronic masturbator who regularly watches shitty anime.

chat.whatsapp.com/Ca05BN551kE8SqsHL0uioT

That's why you do both, but you'd know that if you got off your ass long enough for your couch cushion to reform itself.

>and screws up your metabolism
Damn if only I didn't have to suffer this 30% increase until I refeed lmao

everyone posting their weights itt is either super fat or anorexic
any actually fit people doing this shit or is it just a meme?

Angus Barbieri fasted for 382 days and was left with zero loose skin. Posting an image a Arnold means nothing if you actually don't know what you're talking about.

>hurr durr I should spend six months looking like ass and not making any gains instead of spending six weeks fasting and get back to linear progression on my lifts

5'9" 177

I'm overweight but I don't look too bad unless I'm not wearing a shirt.

>losing weight is 20% exercise and 80% diet
>losing muscle you never had
>implying you can have loose skin if you aren't overweight
>implying you can mess up your metabolism
>implying having control of your consumption is weakness
>implying you need to eat tons of food when you don't have enough activity
who invited this fucking retard in the thread

>not starting out with a blank foundation to build muscle on

>I look good as long as nobody sees what I actually look like

Why do you think I'm /fast/ing? Regardless I'm neither super fat nor anorexic. I'm trying to lose 10-15lbs.

Good point. Sorry for being rude, friend.
I'm just really skeptical about this whole thing despite some evidence that it could make sense. Whole lot of new age-y shit in here.

>Whole lot of new age-y shit in here.
?

The snake oil guy is obviously off his fucking rocker and people are literally talking about coffee and tiny fluctuations in insulin levels making people fat.
Also the whole "fasting makes me feel superhuman" shit people keep repeating gives me the heebie jeebies.