Pros and cons of building a garage gym in your home (~300€) vs going to a gym (anywhere between 500-700€ per year)?

Pros and cons of building a garage gym in your home (~300€) vs going to a gym (anywhere between 500-700€ per year)?

>pros
less time wasted
less money wasted

>cons
takes up space
less sociable

if i had the space i'd do it in a second

if you have enough space the only downside is the lack of social interaction
if i didn't live in a flat i'd build my own home gym

>anywhere between 500-700€ per year)?
Nigger what

Basic Fit is € 240 a year or something
And they have airconditioning, I don't have to pay if something breaks, they have weights I need and it's more social

What would you have in a home gym that's likley to break?

>breaking freeweights
what?

Also yeah, that's usually the price of an euro gym package.

>quality home gym
>300 euro bucks
did the euro quadrupedal in the last few days or is your idea of a home gym a shitty DYI cage and cheap walmart bar and plates?

>quadrupedal
imagine barely speaking your native language, this only happens in two countries.
Burger states and India.

Why do you need an expensive bar and plates?

>being this autistic

Uhmm, not an argument.
Try again sweaty.

cheap bars bend, don't spin well, are generally low quality. If you plan on lifting for several years, might as well drop an extra hundred and get a good bar.
Plates don't matter much but my cheap plates rusted near instantly where as my better ones still look new.

Quality cages speak for themselves. For 300 euros, you aren't going to have much and it's all going to be cheap shit.

>ur gramar iz bad
not an arguement kid

>arguement
The US is the gift that keeps on giving

>lack of social interaction
How is that different than going to the gym?

thinken emoji

we are truly blessed for the people of the US, so exploitable, making their rulers so wealthy.

There’s no cons to having a garage gym. My best gains have come from shutting off the commercial gyms and being able to train undisturbed.

my gym is 120 dollars a year lol and it's a great powerlifting gym with competition benches and racks also has eleiko iron pl plates

do you really need anything other than a bar, bench, and a shit ton of plates?

spelling is not grammar you dumb burger

>I don't have to pay if something breaks

You’re better off with a power cage with adjustable guides. Also if you can get a leg extension/ham curl attachment for your bench it’s better. Also an ez curl bar and chin up bar are necessary. If your cage has dip bars as an attachment it’s also good.

Don’t skimp on quality if possible otherwise you’ll find yourself off where you started.

home gym is better, but not everyone can have it.
also my gym membership is cheap af(12€ / month), that would be around 144€ a year.
If you have enough space to building then go for it

>try again sweaty
Sounds like a 25 year old girl with an instagram meme account

>300 euros
I like the idea of home gym and I am going to get one in the future. However that little money won't even cover the bar and plates unless you're planning to buy a shit tier bar.

The only con of lifting at home is if you're strong enough, and lift in actual serious gym you're going to miss out on feedback from knowledgeable strong guys.

I have a full home gym setup but still pay to go to a commercial gym. I find I get a better workout when there are other people there because I have more drive.

When I am at home lifting I want to hurry up and finish my workout to go shitpost or something compared to at a commercial gym I want to workout for as long as possible.

You have to clean up after yourself. In the gym I can throw the weights around and come back to everything back in place th next morning.

>500-700€ per year

where the fuck do you live?
my yearly gym membership is 360€ and even that is on the quite expensive end

t. mohammed

Maybe in nigger tier or globo automated gym , in big boy gyms the owner and people will get on your ass if you left your weight like a mongoloid.

Good thread.

>(anywhere between 500-700€ per year)
I pay about $150 per year (canadian so even cheaper)
I already have a weight set in my garage, but getting a power rack and bench would be about $ 300-400, which is not worth it yet. Also my garage barely has any room left

>15 Euro fee a month
>500 Euro salary

I lift at home.

>20 Euro fee a month
>350 Euro salary
I lift myself up in the park

polack?

Montenigger with a student job

Don't worry, I'm a good boy. I clean up after myself, but others in my gym don't seem to give a shit. I'm only going here because it's a 15 minute walk away, might join a powerlifting gym soon though.

shit didn't know you guys were part of the EU.

>300€
you forgot a 1 on the front

>American education

But I am Dutch...
Just haven't been to school since you guys were a country.

We're not. They just string us along and have been doing so for 10 years at least. We got the Euro because every currency we wanted to use ended up hyperinflating or being abandoned. Life's not bad tho.

>building a garage gym in your home (~300€) vs going to a gym (anywhere between 500-700€ per year)
where the hell do you live? i could go to a gym for 15-20 years for the price of building a home gym

Nista nije bolje u srbiji

Ja sam user koji je rekao da je gym 12 evra, da zivim u vecem gradu bilo bi 20-30 mesecno, sa nasim standardima to je previse tbqh.

Imas neku bodyweight rutinu ili samo mimujes?

>Just haven't been to school since you guys were a country.
kekd hard.. monteniggers btfo

*walks in*

They better serve lobster fucking dinner for 700 a year

first world countries only ;)

Drkam zgibove, propadanja, sklekove i trcim 4 dana nedeljno. Ako je vreme bas ocajno onda samo odradim kod kuce sta mogu pa istrcim koji krug. Inace sam srbin, ziveo u BGu do pre 3 godine, zivot je apsolutno isti kurac samo sto ovde dole naglasak ide na kurac prvih mesec-dva. Beginner gainovi su solidni za sad kad usporim krecem u teretanu.

>404 gym not found

some anons are deluded into thinking they'll meet a girl their because outside of school/work amd basic necessesties they never leave home
t. deluded user

300€ is nowhere near enough for home gym. Hell, a barbell alone is that much.

ditto

>Pros
Cheaper
Less time spend travelling

>Cons
Less motivation because A. you don't physically go somewhere where you have to work out, and B. You're not paying a recurring membership thats going to waste
You need a lot of space
Its not as safe
You pretty much need to own a house

Ovde u Irskoj ja placam €35 mesecno, a plate su 10 puta vece.

Too late

Building a home gym is only profitable if you plan on it being a permanent part of your life. I don't know where you poor sods live but here in America most gyms are only $10 a month.

I don't get the less sociable argument who the hell socializes at the gym

If you're actually paying 300 eurocuckbucks for just the barbell that thing better suck your dick with each rep or you're getting ripped off.

some people, and its about seeing other people and getting out of your cave

>Pros and cons of building a garage gym in your home (~300€)
with 300 bucks you'll buy a rusty old bar that is permanently bent and some weights that were discarded because they didn't weighted what they should weight so you're benching 2pl8 on one hand and 1,85pl8 on the other

if youre talking about spending 300 euros on your home gym then I 100% guarantee you will bend your shitty cheapo bar atleast. might break your rack and bench too. unless your moving baby weight

cheapo bar will bend at 4pl8 dl. will get completely fucked if you drop it on safties with less than 2pl8

cheapo benches would probably give out after 2pl8

>300€

That will buy you a bar and some plates only.

>saving money
>having to buy a house with a garage
>minimum 400,000€ mortage if you live anywhere near civilization
>>>>saving money

Yeah I'd rather have a house and a garage and a home gym and cars but don't be a delusional fuck OP 300e ain't gonna buy you shit

>t. never lifted on a powerbar

>cons
Nobody to spot you, unless you have a girlfriend/wife/roommate. When I was first starting out, my arms buckled once when I was putting my barbell back into its starting position, and fucked up my bicep for about a week, because I had nobody to stop that from happening.

>pros
Nobody at my gym is sociable anyway, so the lack of social interaction isn't really a con in my book.
You also never have to wait for the weights to free up, because you're the only one that uses them. Waiting for some other guy to finish and fucking with my momentum is what made me get the motivation to build my home gym in the first place.

Yep, this. I started with a cheap bar, and it bent within probably the first month. Not noticeably so, but I could tell if I really paid attention. They also rusted pretty quickly, too.

I wouldn't trade my home gym for anything, but there's definitely upsides to using a commercial gym.

>girlfriend/wife

You misspelled bf/hubby there, women can't be spotters

Pros:
>get the equipment you want, not the one the gym carries
>listen to the music you want
>lift any time you want
>can be as loud as you want
>can do retarded lifts as much as you want
>can lift every day
>don't need to wait for people to stop curling in the squat rack

Cons
>buying dumbbells for every weight is expensive, yo
>buying machines for a home gym would be a waste of money, and some machines can be useful sometimes
>no mires

it's a meme ya dip

>less sociable
That sounds like a pro user.

You can achieve that in other ways than the gym. Unless you're autistic

>only $10 a month
Planet fitness, sure. But there are no barbells, and they lack heavy dumbells. Plus you have to deal with the color purple being everywhere, and men hooking up in the showers.

I'm thinking about doing something in my garage. I have a good bench, two good bats and an assortment of weights that are rusty.

I'm thinking about getting something like this but being only $300 makes me nervous but very appealing.

A pulley is a waste of money

For the same amount of cash, you can get a much more barebones but sturdier rack.

Do you have any links?

>anywhere between 500-700€ per year
How much are you paying for a subsciption man? I only pay 25 but if i switched to a years subscription it would be 15 a month