QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT

Any good foam roller usage intro or recommended routine? Also is a foam roller the type of thing that I should plan to do daily/weekly/etc or just do as needed?

Just bought one

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/joinchat/Hje7UBLlVogoOZeQf9Jenw
dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/dog-food-carbohydrate-content/)
newbiefitness.blogspot.com.au/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best is twice a day for 1x20 per muscle but who has the time

Is stuff like incline bench, crunches, rows, reverse flys, calf raises and lateral raises acutally necessary if you have ohp, bench, squat, deadlift, chinups, lte and bb curls?

not really. can do some isolation work with them and it depends on how long/much you are hitting the gym, that later ones all build everything the former do anyways.

Is there a way to figure out how many extra Kcal you burn when walking while lugging around 50-60 lbs versus a regular walk.

Anyone see the new Star Wars? Is it good?

haven't seen it

Based on Rotten Tomatoes, it's good/serviceable. Follows the trilogy structure too closely. You can probably guess the plot.

>Is it okay to swim laps on your rest days instead of a full rest?

WHAT DO I LOOK OUT FOR WHEN BUYING LIFTING SHOES
EVERYTIME I ASK I GET MEME ANSWERS

got a massage off a Polish qt today, i told her about my recent no gf situation and she said i am handsome and will easily find another gf.

How little she knew me...

Are you supposed to do hiit or liss on yoh

Hi, I need some advice for something. I have a test next Tuesday, where I'll need to run for roughly 7min15sec, from a point to another, back and forth. I'm pretty confident about it, as I can run a while longer. (Been a couch potatoe before 1 month ago)
But is there something I can do to maximize my chance at it ? Like some shit to do/eat before the test ? I'm gonna go sleeping right now, but if I could get an answer for tomorrow morning, It'd be of great help guys. Thanks.

What's the deal with one meal a day?

How do you get enough calories

Why I cannot feel my triceps during these? I feel it in my delts.

what does the average week of breakfasts look like for you?

Push out, not up.Brace with your heels (on a bench or planted in the ground) and push as if you are trying to shove the bench behind you backwards. You body will move upwards if you are properly "wedged in" but it'll be your tri's supplying the force.
Good luck user.

I personally liked it a lot. You'll like it less the more you think/analyse it, which is probably why /tv/ is going ape, but if you're a star wars fan, it's enjoyable
Depends on how intensely you swim. If it's light stuff, it's fine for a rest day. You make that call yourself, see how tired you are

Eggs, cottage cheese, milk, oatmeal with protein powder, and peanut butter sandwiches. Mix and match and adjust quantity for good and easy breakfasts

is it true more than 3 eggs a day is bad? also thanks for the reply lad

Can I realistically lose 5 Kg in the next 2 months with 17 % Bodyfat?

Yes

>lifting while sick

thoughts? I'm not bed ridden or anything, just a mild cold - should I wait it out or just go for it?

If you are having enough protein, and still lifting weights but are cutting heavily; far below tdee calories and lots of cardio then can you lose muscle ?

If so, at what point do you start losing muscle? What degree of cutting will allow you to maximize fat loss while keeping all (or a good % of muscle)?

Lastly if anyone knows, what are the differences between cutting with super small diet and little-no cardio, vs slightly small diet and lots of cardio?

Can I achieve this body with just calisthenics and curls?

Losing muscle during cut is overrated imo. I prefer cutting more calories than doing too much cardio anyway. You will regain the lost muscle very easily also.

If you feel weak, sore or have a fever/chills, don't.
If you just have the sniffles then go and see.
You might not be up to par for heavy compounds but you could treat it like a deload week or just fuck around with accessories.

takes a lot of extra calories to fight a virus off, not recommended, your body is devoting too much to your immune system for you to make any gainz, but it might help you fight it off quicker by getting your systems going. if you do, dont go too hard, it won't be for hypertrophy, it'll be for flush

actually just had a deload week 2 weeks ago. Might as well take the time off then

Anything I should do to expedite my recovery? Also, in terms of diet, currently bulking - just stay the course or should I change anything?

Should I worry about my carbs?

yes

zinc, vitamin c

do you feel bloated? Are you trying to cut?

>do you feel bloated? Are you trying to cut?
Well I'm a size medium and when I started bulking, I have noticed that I put on more water weight for sure so I reduced my sodium quite a bit. I'm bulking not cutting at this time

Best cali workout routine?

why would you do that garbage exercise. do regular dips, weighted dips or bulgarian dips.

Why is incline bench so much harder? My incline is only 75% of what I do on flat bench

Will you join the official fit telegram group and post fit memes and chat with us?

t.me/joinchat/Hje7UBLlVogoOZeQf9Jenw

why do you want to lift the same weight on two different exercises

any way to reduce my carbs? it looks like it's mostly in fruit in rice. I can reduce the fruit I guess and limit the rice to one meal, but I need the calories, what's a good alternative?

Ive been drinking Up and Go instead of buying more protein powder. is that a good supplement for protein powder? i noticed up and go contains soy and I know the memes around it but not sure if 'soy' having a negative effect on the male physique is just broscience

fitbit

The front deltoids are used a whole lot more in the incline bench.

The reverse grip bench press recruits more of the upper chest as well.

>self made crypto
no thanks

can I look decent by normie standards with just chin ups and dips?

You'd look like you workout.
Add in some pushups squats and bridges and whatever core workout you want.

what about

>A
Squats 5*50
Dips 5*10
Chin ups 5*8

>B
Squats 5*50
Pull ups 5*6
Push ups 5*20

with some running and planks in between?

also I got my images mixed up I meant to ask which of these movies are legit and which are agenda pushing garbage?

They're all pushing from extreme angles, and have their own agendas. Just eat veggies until you like them, and eat towards the goals that you want.

I highly recommend In Defense of Food. the guy admits straight up that he his no scientist, but either way scientists always go back and forth and disagree about nutrition stuff. the bottom line is the more you obsess over one particular nutrient (trans fat, saturated fat, sugar, omega whatever) the more you get caught up and are likely to fall for a fad. he recommends common sense, to eat unprocessed food, mostly plant based, and not too much. if there was any kind of agenda being pushed I didn't see it.

Why so many squats?
Try to progress to Pistol Squats and add a core exercise

Whats the best way to break a plateau while cutting? I've heard shit ranging from waiting it out to eating maintenance to carb loading to fasting. Whats the actual best way?

What is a good exercise that will hit my obliques? I do side bends with the bar and dumbbells.

I cant do weighted chins or pulls because my rack is too short, i can just barely do bodyweight if I tuck my legs behind me. If I do rack chins will they be fine for lat development?

put weights in a backpack or weighted vest, they wont go any shorter than your knees broski. how many body weight chin ups can you do? anything under 12 and you don't even need to add weight

yes

"this mode" being skinny fit, the answer is yes. you can do it with normie tier "batman workout".

Inverted rows to the face are GOAT.
Eventually you'll have to buy a weighted vest though.

Why not just buy a door mounting pullup bar?
Side planks, and landmine 180s are nice.

What do you eat for breakfast?

Male 18
I'm not balding but if I put my hand or a comb on my head, a couple of hair fall down each time I move. Is this normal?

i thought it was really bad

how long is hair? when I had hippie hair (20cm) it would fall down when combing but now at 5 cm it doesnt.

I ate a little bit less than a cup of dog food today Veeky Forums (pic related)

What should I put on myfitnesspal?
In the pedigree website it says that it contains at least 21% crude protein, at least 8% fat, at most 4% fiber, and at most 12% humidity.

Apparently all those percentages are percentages of the total mass of the food.

Is dog food the best bulking food? It tasted really good

5 cm

Is this a new meme? The dog food pill?

>eating pedigree
>not based royal canin for that 51% protein
Why even bother dude
Royal canin tastes better too

I guess not, I was just really hungry and took a handful of dog food from my dogs food bag because I didn't have any meat or milk in the fridge.

I'm estimating (using dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/dog-food-carbohydrate-content/) it would be about:
- 360 cal
- 51 g of carbs
- 8 g of fats
- 21 g of protein

Since the amounts of fats and proteins are minimum, it may contain more proteins and fat.

Is 21g protein, 360 cal a good bulking food? Take in mind that it contains all the zinc and stuff a dog needs.

Maybe when I start bulking I'll eat royal canin.

A kilo of pedigree where I live costs 2 usd, and a kilo of royal canin 6 usd.

1 kg of pedigree contains 210 g of protein at least, and for 2 usd it sounds like way more protein per dollar than McDonalds.

My grandma wants me to tell her what I want for Christmas. Anything fit related I should get as someone new to all this? So far all I have is a bench press.

SOY
O
Y

>So far all I have is a bench press
A proper bench and bar can be quite expensive. Don't buy some 25 mm commercial crap.

I've been cutting for about 11 months now and I'm ready to stop. How long after a cut should I start bulking?

It is Nautilus brand with Olympic bar. Got a good deal off craigslist, $325 and it came with 300 pounds of weights and the bar for another 45. As a skeleton should I get some of that bulking mass powder? Or fancy workout gloves, that bar is rough

>How long after a cut should I start bulking?
Right away. Just don't up your calories by 200% right off the bat. Slowly increase your intake and work hard in the gym

Probably all right for your needs then. However, let me give you some advice:

DON'T buy random shit, and only then try to figure out what to do with. I guarantee it's only collecting dust in 3 months.
DO set clear goals, then figure out how exactly to attain them, and only then go out and buy what you've determined that you'll need.

I did set clear goals, I started at 65 pounds and currently at 125, the problem is I live in two places and have been at the house without the bench press more than I thought I would be. Bought the bench in June this year. Asking Veeky Forums specifically so I do not get random useless shit, so please give suggestions for that if you have any

I'm only asking because it doesn't sound like you've got much of a plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail, you know.

What else do you do besides bench press?

Push ups and sit ups, squats with the bar and weights, and I use the leg attachment on the bench. I refuse to go to a gym so that is how this all started

In other words, your exercise selection is horribly imbalanced and you'll end up injured in all probability.
Find a way to work your upper back, especially the smaller muscles between your shoulder blades. Also work your posterior chain.

Is there anything I can buy to bel with all this? Someone mentioned a pre workout but I have no clue what to get as a skeleton

Do.Not.Buy.Pre workout.
If you truly actually NEED a boost occassionally, use pure caffeine (and stay hydrated). Don't waste your money on PWO.

A good addition to your training setup would be some kind of suspension trainer i.e. gymnastics rings or a TRX. This will give you tons of options for training your upper body.

I will look into them thanks

Where do I go after a beginner program just finishing up stronglifts anyone recommend a program that will increase my strength
125/215/315x2/335

Any point in reverse grip curls or reverse grip wrist curls? Seems to me that hammer curls and hammer grip wrist curls would hit the outer forearm harder.

Excuse me for my broken english. I have been going to the gym for 6 months and noticed a bit of gains, next college semester I will be riding on bicycle from my place to the gym and to classes, in total it is around seven miles travel daily. Will that affect my gains? Should I change my routine? I don't really want to use bus.

I've recently found out I've been doing a full lockout for all my deadlifts the entire time from the beginning to where I am now.

I didn't even realise what lockout was and whether or not they were optional.

Should I bother changing how I do my sets? Seeing other people not do lockout seems like they're doing half reps.

i have been doing the starting 5x5s but I am quite skinny, 180cm and 65kg. Do I need to do high reps instead or is the low rep compound routines in the FAQ still fine for me.

How long for?
What weights have you hit?

i started and did it for about a month ages ago this year then stopped like a pussy due to exams.
I restarted and I've been doing the stripped 5x5 in the faq.
>newbiefitness.blogspot.com.au/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
cant do 5 pull ups so I do assisted ones. As for bench, 25kg, dead lift 30kg, squats 25, and so on.

You are supposed to lockout.

My deadlift drops if I do too much walking; eat appropriately to replace lost calories and don't overdue working out and you should be fine.

Tricep and forearm growth.

TM or 5/3/1 are the go-to's

Don't eat dog food.

Reassess your caloric intake and plan accordingly. Hit a week of maintenance with most of your calories coming from carbs; it'll restore glycogen and likely result in you looking leaner afterwards too.

dog food cuts every corner possible. its packaged waste you nutter.

it was bad, its childish too much comedy and fanservice and i feel like it ruined Mark Hamill
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

You're in the beginning of your swole journey.
It's way too easy to tell if you could use more volume or weight.

so add more volume?
hows this one: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148036063
has more reps

I'm 5'11.5. Am I a manlet?

Look for stiletto high heels. They really give me the extra boost I need for squats.

Have a light breakfast on the day of your run. Small bowl of cereal and a banana or two shouldn't feel bad in your stomach.

Do neither. Unless you feel you can do an extra set/weight that day.

so dont follow either programs? which one do i follow if the FAQ one isnt suitable for me

technically yes anything below 6ft is manlet

I meant follow whatever program you're on because you are too early into lifting to tell if more weight or reps will benefit you.
If you want a program that better suits you.
>Two words. Shop. Around.
Asking here wont really help you because we don't know you well enough.

yeah fair enough thanks mate. ill keep with starting strength and see what happens

Sup Veeky Forums!
My gym is closed on Christmas. Considering I'm doing a 3 day full body hypertrophy routine, is it better to go swap sunday and monday to workout, or to workout home (I've got some adjustable dumbbells). Home I can do pretty much the same movement with appropriate weight, except for squats and DL, but I guess that for one day it wouldn't matter, I'd just adjust the volume or do split squats or something like that.
Thanks !

>Missed workout yesterday because hungover after family visit
>Did it today instead
>Meant to go to bjj today
>Didn't go last week either
>Tired and cbf, finished workout 20 minutes ago and have to leave in 40 minutes to make it

Do I skip and go thursday or double up and do it anyway?

no its not true at all