Goals

Be 100% honnest. Why are you lifting

I'll start
Broke up with the girl I love and now every fiber of my body regrets it.

Going to the gym is the only thing holding me together right now and deep down I hope it brings her back even though it won't.

>it makes me happy
>my parents are both overweight and my dad is a horrible role model
>Increase my chances of getting a gril
>no reason not to

I have chronic depression. I used to take antipsychotics but the side effects were awful. Diet and exercise are the only things that keep me feeling healthy and able to function.

Also I tried a couple dating websites last year and the only girls I had any success with were 5/10s and I think I can do better.

I got rejected by the literal girl of my dreams and I spiraled into self destruction by getting blackout drunk every night and generally feeling like a worthless fat piece of shit.

So I lost 40 lbs and then started lifting weights and never looked back.

I wanted to lose weight

i've lost a lot of weight, but I still have poor eating habits and a lot of loose skin. wish lifting solved all my problems

Peer pressure from /fit

Did it do the trick ? I feel like my void can't be filled as soon as I exit the gym

I originally lifted for girls but now I realize that lifting destroys my anxiety, gives me more discipline, and makes me feel good about myself. Also it keeps me away from the computer for a couple hours, which is nice.

It's always better than not lifting, my friend.

>why do you lift
>I'll start
>Broke up with the girl I love and now every fiber of my body regrets it.
STARTS WITH FAILED RELATIONSHIP STATUS.

FUCK OFF TO >>>/ADV/ OR >>>/SOC
This is not /fit related!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel sad and relate to Veeky Forums the most... These guys are strangers to me compared to this board.

Who gives a fuck who YOU relate to, "I feel sad" because *insert life story* is not fit related.

Then dont answer stupid nigger

I got rejected by my oneitis after I was sure shed be into me. Now I have to see her every day at work and it hurts more than anything I've felt before.
The only thing that makes me feel good is the though if going to the gym and maybe looking ripped one day.

It was my 3rd year of college. I was feeling pretty depressed/stressed from not doing so well.

I was one of those fags who thought school would solve everything so it was my main focus. I guess I found out quickly that putting all my eggs in one basket was a shithead idea. Asked a girl out, changed my diet, started bodyweight training.

Nothing ended up happening with the girl but I continued with my diet and exercise. Stopped being a pussy and switched to lifting weights. Not there yet but hopefully on my way.

I think I'm more well-rounded now.

Are there even stories of people who made it after starting lifting :'(

I went to a wedding recently, I don't look horrible, but I see all my friends, a head above me, with wives on their arms, getting through their last years of college, and here I am.

I guess I want to still be strong and not a complete fuck-up even if I am a manlet

How tall ?

My goal is two things :
1 - Be financially secure (pay off all debts)
2 - Be Veeky Forums
I just want to live up by the mtns in my state. I am so close to finishing school, than I believe it could be possible. We're all gonna make it, in our own individual quests.

5'11 but compared to friends i'm always at least a head shorter.

I am paying $60/month for gym so might as well make use of my money

Yeah having taller friends suck. Are they super big ? If not then you can still looks at least as attractive as them.

I wanna be strong enough to protect the people I care about if I ever need to.
I also want to fuck thots regularly, so that if I ever find someone worth marrying I won't feel like an insecure beta. I want to be Chad for my future waifu.

Got schtizo affective, hear voices in my head. Severe anxiety but im highly functioning. If you saw me you wouldnt guess in a million years i had these problems.

Gym is the only thing thats stopped me from killing myself. Although ive recently made friends in the gym, but they're evil. They stab people, fight, and do evil things. I just wanna be left alone man.

A couple have gone full otter, but none have really gone for the thick look, my plan is to try to fill that hole and become that one friend

I'll report back in a year, maybe by then I'd have a new oneitis, maybe by then I'd also have fucked her

>no reason not to
this most of all. I have a perfectly good body so why would I not use it to my full potential

same faggot reasons

look better, feel better, hope to get women

had moderate success earlier in the year (got gf with perfect vag and bj skills who was insane) but friendzoned by girl i like recently. been to the gym with her a few times and hangout every week.

the golden rule is any girl i'd find smart would be smart enough to realize they can do better than me and if this continues to happen I'll probably off myself

I grew up obese and just eventually decided enough was enough. It was also sort of influenced by a hard breakup with the first girl I ever loved but it was more about improving for my own sake by the time I was really making progress
the damage done to my self esteem/general relationship with food in my childhood can't be repaired but at least I can be active and enjoy the things that really matter now, instead of living to stuff my face with garbage

what the fuck

>fucked around in long term relationship
>both of us got fat as shit
>realized how abusive and manipulative that shit was
>broke up after a close to a decade
>realize i need hardcore structure, vow to become beastmode to make up lost years
>realize future seems bright if i end up in law enforcement or enlist

The struggle from lazy as shit soyboy to hopeful enlistment/boot ready is the best thing to happen to me in years lads

I want to laugh in the face of all the women I wasn't good enough for when I was twenty while they age like milk.

I want to be able to not be a complete fuck up in life, girls is just a benefit of this

>not lifting for Hitler

Good luck out there, enlisting or becoming a cop has always been my backup plan, I have so much respect for them.

What the fuck, don't listen to all of the manlet bullshit on here. 5'10 is the national average for an American man

to be happy.

i go to the gym because my lifting stats are the only thing in my life that's improving

>tear rotator cuff at 19
>it wasn't fun
>doc says it'll happen again unless I start lifting
>"ok"
I am not a complicated person.

I know that it's not bad but women don't give a shit about averages. +6 feet is the average for masculinity in women's POV. That's what i'm going off of

Lifting is the only antidepressant that works for me

My exact reason aswell I was a fat piece of shit since childhood thanks to my fat cunt mum and I'm just trying to undo the damage that has been done but I have a fuckload of skin that I need removed with surgery but that is an unacheivable price for me so I'm just stuck with this shit for a few more years until I can sort my shit out financially

Nickname "The Chode"

Exercised all of my life, took ballet for most of it, got to college and wanted to do something unexpensive and fun so started lifting

Started dating a rly muscular guy, hope to marry this one and he feels the same way. His good friend does competitive powerlifting so the three of us started lifting together and I've learned a lot from them

Was anorexic for a few years (t. former ballerina) so lifting helped me get the fuck over my fear of food. No body dysmorphia or any of that shit anymore

Pretty damn fitting then

I'm 5'8 and my best friends are all 6'2+ man don't worry about it

In my defense, I've only been consistently lifting for about 2 months and I'm currently wrapping up my 4th year of school.

Don't count me out yet, man. I like my story so far.

...sarah is that you

>are you actually trying to troll and imply that your friends are all married at 20 years old?

fuck off you teenager

I’m ugly. Better to be ugly and ripped than ugly and fat. Also hoping roids fuck up my organs and kill me

has being ripped done anything to help your ugliness

I do it because I lost interest in everything else.

Of course not

complete honesty? to impress other dudes. i'm straight, 100%, but i care more about how men percieve me than women. Male validation makes me feel masculine, strong, and handsome. Female validation just makes me feel nice.
no homo.

damn man, im ugly as fuck too and i try to get motivated to work out heavy but i just think about how ill never stop being ugly and it kills all motivation

Is it enough to fill the void ? In haven't been going for a while but I feel like it doesn't completely replace everything.

i want to do a pull up atleast once in my life.

Cause its the easiest area of my life to improve and work on. I am crippled with self doubt and anxiety to progress in any other way.

I don’t want to lose fights. I don’t usually get in fights but it’s good to be prepared

I lift to ease the envy I feel when I look at normal people having fun in groups.

I feel like there's better ways than working out. Ever thought about self defence classes ?

i just want to look good with my shirt off, or at least not jiggle when i jump up and down, i couldnt care less about being strong

A girl cheated on me after 1 year of relationship. Fucking hate every fiber of her being. I have been working out for 5 years but picked up the pace after 3 since that was when she cheated on me. I fucking hate her and constantly work out due to anger.

I'm 28. Live alone. Last girlfriend I had was at 21. Got extremely obese. Lost 100 pounds and still losing. Know I am going to die alone and be angry until then. I lift because it's all I have left.

i do zero other exercise so i used to have trouble sleeping at night

i was disappointed with the way i looked

I made a vow to never be like my father. My father suffers from depression and PTSD from 25 years in the army, to the point where we can't help but watch him destroy himself with pain pills, booze and cigarettes

I'm lifting because before then, my father knew English and German, was fit as hell and fun to be around. If he can't continue that legacy, then I might as well, and do it even better. I've started lifting, drawing, reading and learning the Guitar, as well as learning more German.

I just hope he gets out of that depressive state before he offs himself.

I just want to make him proud.

Got rejected by a girl I was very attracted to. I need to better myself to prove to everybody I am worthy of love. It's fueled me for a month and a half so far, hopefully it continues doing so.

>thread full of sad cunts turning into sick cunts

we're all gonna make it brah

I want a big butt gf

Got dan rite, yee haw

>tfw only goal is to be stronger and better than I am now
The only regret I have is losing myself to drugs and alcohol for a while after being on the right track as far as fitness was concerned back in college and HS
Had to restart from square one, but i'm still young so I have time to get joocy again

Nope. I think self defense classes are a scam.

to be able to beat up my older brother

Former best friend was fat as fuck at a point and began lifting. After doing so, he got swole and went Chad mode. He's basically dropped my punk ass, so in a sense, it's as if I'm trying to catch up to him even though we'll never be as good friends as we once were.

my goal is to finally be confident to leave the house by myself again

around 31% girls, 13% health and 56% to do something to do besides games.

>23 year old virgin
>aushwitz mode, spergy as fuck
>decide to get fit to gain confidence
>start to get mires, confidence goes up
>finally make a Tinder and start getting laid at 25

I'm now 27 and reasonably experienced, I even had a qt gf for ~8 months before I broke up with her. Getting over my fear of women and self esteem issues was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and it's not like I'm perfect now, but I'm so glad I made the change

We're all gonna make it brehs

i'm tired of being a dyel. i'm tired of seeing girls with bigger arms than me. i wanna be a big boy

Take pride on myself.
Be able to be happy by myself.

My job is stressful and it's a stress reliever that isn't drinking. Also I don't pay for a gym membership.
t. enlisted Navy

>tfw had the auschwitz mode spergy virgin but never improved it

feels bad

My mother called me a weak, skinny faggot. She was right, and I realized I needed to get my shit together if I wanted to make my parents proud. Got to a decent point, but they were still expecting more from me (not in lifting but in other parts of life.) I realized I never was going to satisfy them no matter what I did. Now I just live and lift for myself.

it's not too late user

>final year of college
>20 years old

Fuck off underage

It's not enough, but it helps me user. I can't deny that.

If you went to a school how are the gyms there?

cruoous were your only issues girl-related or was it like all social stuff

>Be better than others
>Lifting heavy things is fun
>Want to actually like my reflection
>To physically dominate the other team (rugbyfag)
>Keep up with my parents, they're both runners and fit people
>Women enjoy a superior physique

Used to want to get big to look better with and without clothes.
Then, I watched my school's annual powerlifting meet for students. The atmosphere was extremely supportive and I get chills every time I think back to that day.
Now I lift to be a part of that community and lift in front of the same people that motivated me to start.

I'm quite introverted and social stuff with people other than friends tends to make me anxious but for the most part I'm fairly normal. I just literally never made moves on women because I was too afraid to fail/sure no one could like me

to look intimidating

lifting is fun

I like the sense of progression it gives you. its like leveling up in real life

It is one tiny thing I am doing right.