Finally start working out and get on a diet

>finally start working out and get on a diet
>go to gym and work out for the first time
>finish routine on cardio and muscle
>whole body hurts like shit for days

is this normal? how the fuck are you guys doing this?

FYI: not fat, just slim and no muscle

Don't over exert yourself and also doms get less bad pretty quickly

don't worry, the pain only lasts after the first few sessions. once you're body gets adjusted you won't experience much doms or any at all.

keep at it, next time it won't hurt as much
after that you get used to it
also try splitting up cardio/muscle, allows you to focus and use glycogen stores in muscle more efficiently.

I remember those days. People think this happens every time. You've been lazy faggot. It's going to hurt for a couple weeks and then DOMS usually doesn't come as hard. Depends on the person

I work out 5-6 days a week and pretty much never get sore anymore. If you consistently hit the gym at least every other day for a few months then I think most people just stop getting sore.

That being said, pick a reasonable routine that you can stick to and don't rush things.

the pain lasts forever

Gotta eat.

People "diet" and start gymming simultaneously and it's really hard on the body. You have to eat enough.

It's called DOMS, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, and it's perfectly normal.
Pace yourself, don't workout until your muscle are weak and done.
It'll stop after a few days/week of regular practice, believe it or not, you'll actually seek this out after a while.

Also, 15mn warmup and dynamic stretching before AND after working out, but you're a beginner, so you'll half-ass it in 5 mns, don't complain afterwards.

Green tea, foam rollers and BCAAs also help, but you're not there yet.

Thats a good sign it means youre body is growing
when you dont get sore anymore is when you need to up your game again
no soreness=no gains

im old doms is a part of being old.

>cardio and muscle

Ok first of all, please read the sticky. How the fuck did you NOT see the giant dinosaur? You don't do cardio and "muscle" together.

But yeah. You've got DOMS. They stop happening as much as your body gets used to the fact that you're going to force it to do difficult things. After a few weeks you will only hurt for one day after.

Then after a few months you will only hurt when it's been an exceptionally good workout and you hit multiple PBs.

Then you'll stop getting them altogether and you'll get depressed because you miss them so much.

Read the sticky and don't avoid the gym just 'cause it hurts

One of the best things I did was taking a rest day then lifting again, got blood pumping through my muscles and felt better

>tfw no longer experiencing DOMS

>condescending
>dumb, wrong opinion
>reddit spacing
Checks out. Reddit is down the hall and to the left >>>/Reddit/

I miss the excruciating pain I used to get from DOMS desu.

My god, this board went to shit. I shouldn't have come back. It's like half of you fags are fiving bad advice on purpose.

Doms happen mostly when the body is adapting to a new activity/exercice. Bench press twice a week, you don't get doms. Now do tricep extensions, you'll get doms the first two or three weeks. Doms are not indicative or anything other than you doing new shit. Switching rep ranges can also sometimes give doms.

To not get painful, unproductive soreness, do not push hard when doing something for the first two times. It's stupid to do so because you will be interfering with the rest of your training. When I come back to he gym after a break, I do only two sets of. Everything because doing more will make me too sore and will fuck up my next training sessions.

Soreness doesn't mean gains, this is such a retarded notion. If you get sore regularly, you aren't programming right.

Try foam rolling. It hurts almost as good as DOMS.

I long for that numbing pain.

>FYI: not fat, just slim and no muscle
Don't do cardio if you're looking to gain muscle/mass

I know that feel, almost feels like I don't put in enough effort sometimes