amazon.com/Heavy-Grips-Set-Strengthener-Professionals/dp/B0017OSE1A/
youtube.com/watch?v=1hNVuYbatKg
youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just did 300 for 5 the other day

405, crossfit works

375. Almost out of DYEL

how so

hit 180 for a double a couple weeks ago, aiming for 200 by new years eve. 13 months in

checked, keep grinding user, just a 20 lb jump

440 at 175 bw

630lbs, but I'm 5'10 and 310lbs.

530, 6'0 200

What do you look like?
I only ask because when I was 225lbs bodyweight I could max out at 525lbs for deadlift. I looked like shit but I was strong.
Now I'm here after losing 50lbs in four months. I look better but I'm not sure it was worth the trade off

Pics?

My knees are fucked from 3 years of distance running in high school, never let your kids do it. All that work and you end up looking DYEL.

I'm almost benching 2pl (still not impressive) and I can barely deadlift 1pl before my knee starts hitting me with sharp pain that will come back on/off for days after. My muscles can't even feel a burn while my joints can't even handle the weight.

i'm pretty sure he's talking kilos

I only do hex bar DLs, but I use the low handles. High handles are bullshit.
I've been going since October and I've reached 280lbs for reps. I want to be in the high 300s by next Oct.

Not posting my pic on Veeky Forums, but honestly I look like shit. I am strong, but also fat. Ive got a professional job and I look fat as fuck in suits. Currently getting into fasting to just lose weight.

The only redeeming qualities I have are really massive legs, especially calves. But buying pants is hard.

Can't be. No one is stupid enough to think they can gain 44lbs on a lift in 2 weeks.

How long did it take all of you to break 405?

I'm this guy Before I lost weight it took me about a year to get to 405 for a double. That's a little slow by the supposed Veeky Forums standards, but from what I've seen that's very fast and was due largely to my weight.
After I lost the 50lbs it took me two months or so to climb from where I settled at 375 to a 405 max. Another three to get to the 440.

2 pl8 after a fookin year
I'd have offed myself if not for the following encounter
>Try 2 plate for the first time
>Old man: Let (Pronounced like a Scooby Doo villian) comes over and said "your deadlifts really getting up there"
> Visibly confused not sure if he's bully since fit says 2 plate is less than dyel
>He clarifies that I'm pulling same as him, offers me his belt
> Was already done but it would be ruslde to not use his belt offer, deload and do 2 more sets

400 trap bar but still look like a dyel, im 155lbs and 5'11

455 x 2 @ 180 bw ans 5'6 manlet

Same. 5'10" 37yo

So let me get this straight, if I want 300kg deadlift I just need to get really fucking fat? I was told fatties have unfavorable leverages for DL
1 year

375 been stuck at it for months now, did a deload and still can't get past it. I wanted that 405 by years end but it is just not going to happen.

Try checking out your form, might be able eek out 30lb if you get your leverages in order.
Also, only do like ~5 deadlift sets a week, with only a few being maximal, and do accessories for DL on off days. You might be able to get that 405 before the end of the year user.

385 at 180 5'11"

250 @149lbs 5'10

465 at 195 6'4
I know, I need to work on it

haha i was talking about kilos, adding 10kg to your max is a reasonable goal for a cycle of c6w

good job dude, the school holidays have been a blessing since i have nothing to do but sleep for 10 hours, eat and train
(kg btw, don't think anyone actually deadlifts 200lb after a year)

a deload wont help since you need more volume to overcome a stall, deadlift heavy 2x a week with barbell hyperextensions and romanian dl's thrown in after

Trying to work up to 180. 1RM is 165kg (364lb). Working set is 140x5, gonna jump up to 145 next session. Been lifting for almost 4 months.

Dunno 1RM, but currently 130kg (286lb) x 5 hookgrip. Can do more with mixed grip but I'm doing oly so trying to improve my shitty grip strength.

he didn't say he set that max today

500 all time best, no longer dl

242lbs for an year or two now, don't want to backsnap my shit up when it's already fucked. I weigh 130-something so I do deadlylifts for 5x 8reps, still feels good afterwards.
Btw I'm a guy, should I really try gaining weight?

>i weigh 130
yes, you should gain weight unless you happen to be 4'0"

Hit 265 for 2 reps yesterday, I can do 245 for 5 reps, I want to be over 300 by the end of next year

Dude you can easily get to 405 by jan. 2019 if you eat big CMON
I believe in you

about 11 months, gained 20kg since april though

i did it 5 weeks ago, on week 4 of candito right now. hopefully i can break 200 next week

not necessarily,but realistically you need the mass to pull it off if leverages dont favor you

am smol, about 130lb, can diddly 286lb
big guys look at me like that did not just happen

286, I'm too worried about my form to try more

I weigh 75kg and lift 160kg conventional

Can I have that pep bro?

its a helper but sure,
help yourself

and no chance in hell i can do 12reps...

just did 275 for reps today (trap bar)

i have to use it because i have super bad back problems from playing rugby for 8 years, but honestly i have yet to find a real disadvantage to it. trap bars for life

I'm weak as fuck, I don't want to try deadlifting 135 and look like a pussy.

do you want to stay that way? cmon, whatever it takes

415 lbs
8 mo of liftin

I can squat 465lbs. Does that count as a deadlift?

>only just managed 65kg/~140lbs today
Pls no bully, I'm very happy with this achievement

Steps is steps my man

how do squats feel? they can build up the muscles around your knee and get rid of the pain

225lb currently.
Been lifting for 4 months but my DL starting to stagnate a little right now. How the fuck do I stop the bar from slipping from my hands during the last few reps?

>Lift with overhand grip strictly because scared of becoming quasimodo with mixed
>Grip strength hasn't caught up with rest of body

Would rather not use the mixed grip.

440 @ ~200, 5'8, oldfag

My belt has become really uncomfortable on deadlifts. I need to either lose more weight or by a more narrow belt.

6months

ape leverages
garbage bench

200$ your belt is fastened too tighy and you can even brace properly

180kg for 5 reps touch and go and sumo like a cheater i am

lifting for 1 year~
beltless and in socks

>How the fuck do I stop the bar from slipping from my hands during the last few reps?
By strengthening your grip

The most direct way is to simply hold a bar with weight on it. Set it up in a rack so you only have to pull it a couple of inches and then hold it as long as you can. If you have a dip belt you cal also do a weighted hang - same deal, put some weight on the belt and hang from a pullup bar for as long as you can. The weighted hang theoretically has the added benefit of spinal decompression.

You can also get some grippers e.g. amazon.com/Heavy-Grips-Set-Strengthener-Professionals/dp/B0017OSE1A/
They aren't quite as good for training holding strength but you can practice with them out of the gym and they make your forearms bigger.

Also hook grip and chalk if you're not using both already

in same boat user...
>im working on hook grip now because of it.
>can dl 130kg 3X5 np.
>add 2.5kg and bar slips out first rep..fuck me
>cant into hook grip yet because thumb mobility is still shit so now all i can do is practice it and hope i can figure this shit out.

Start maybe doing a few grip exercises at the end of your workout also get some chalk if sweaty hands is an issue

I gave both up at the same time but I'll ease in and give them a try, my dude.

Only if you do it paused. Many fat guys squat more than they deadlift, simply because their bellies give them stretch reflex

Just hit 365 today. I'm a 6'5" lanklet though so I've accepted that I'll always be a bit behind my shorter brehs

Nahh mane, this is more a manlet with short legs problem. The belt hinges on my thighs when I start to push my chest up and remove the slack from the bar and pinches my folds of skin/fat.

youtube.com/watch?v=1hNVuYbatKg

Gone from 92.5kg for 8 to 100kg for 9 in the last 5 weeks after fucking up my eating and losing 2-3kg body weight (at least half fat) and about 10kg of my deadlifts, I haven't tested any higher weight/lower rep max since the summer when I was doing 120kg for 3. My weight is still the same though, I always end up plateauing because I can't put on much if any muscle. Been lifting for a year and still weight 68kg at 185cm.

Feels pretty bad, man.

500 (stopped as soon as i hit it to focus on rack pull)
5'10

lmao3pl8 plate for 5, never tried heavier but felt pretty fucking maximal to me. 6'2 190lb lanklet here.

170kg/ 380lb x 4 trap bar

157kg according to symmetric strength.
67kg bodyweight. I pull sumo though so it's actually only worth like 100kg

>I always end up plateauing
>My weight is still the same
>still weight 68kg at 185cm

You know you spelled out the problem and the solution right there by yourself

How do i get better at deadlifting heavy?
I just did 310x2 and had form breakdownon the second rep - but 2 minutes later i could do 240x12 without major problems.
It's like a barrier which stops me from lifting the bar the first few centimeters when the weights become heavy

Managed 200 kg x5, last rep was a grinder with small hitch, week after that did extremely easy 185 4x5. Going for 230 kg pull this thursday. BW 82 in morning.

>mfw big palms and hook grip is ez af
you probably arent tight from the floor

For all your dl problems refer to this video nibbers

youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E

dude im 187cm almost 90kg you need to eat much more

thanks, will watch

650 @ 242

I started deadlifting in april and pulled 150kg (been to the gym a few yrs but never done deadlifts seriously)

pulled 195kg mid-july and was really determined to get 200kg soon

still haven't got it and it's been downhill from there, probably sub-185 atm, not motivated to do killer deadlift workouts anymore since everything feels fukken heavy

220kg at 102kg

260kg @99

Hopefully be 275kg @105 in April.

T. Starting strength enthusiast

194kg // 427lb
Gonna pull 200kg before NY if all goes well.
5pl8 next year

405 lbs but doesn't count since. I'm a fat hamplanet at 330 lbs. My squat is shit, I can bench more than I squat.

>250kg/550lbs @ 6'2, 250lbs

505 @ 6' 177 lbs

What do you bench fatass?

idk 1rm but I do 270lbs for reps @5'10 170lbs.

Any tips to improve grip strength?

benches are my worst nightmare if that makes you feel less emasculated

t. 6'6 Lanklet King

Best I've done was 4plate, but I don't really do them

My 1RM unironically is 122 kg @ 73 kg bodyweight. Humiliate me
In other news, my OHP is 71 kg for 3 reps.
>JUST

>ITT: only top 15% of Veeky Forums posting

I'm new. Can't DL 135. What can I do to build up to doing deadlifts?