How are you all doing today? What are you:
>Reading
>Watching
>Doing
>Studying
>Hoping

boy, character flaws are hard to fix

>Reading
Trying to get through the Quran, it's not very easy but it's been a goal of mine for awhile.
>Watching
Elf
>Doing
Setting up how to plant my garden next spring, thinking fruit-bearing plants for the most part.
>Studying
Botany
>Hoping
That i'll do more in 2018 than I did this year.

>Something's hard so we shouldn't even try.

fucking hell man, trying my hardest

Aaah sorry I misunderstood your comment. Yes they really are the hardest thing to change. How are you holding up?

>Reading
The God Delusion, thought I might as well give it a try
>Watching
Documentaries that I can find for free on youtube
>Doing
Christmas stuff
>Studying
Law, though I have no idea if it will take me anywhere
>Hoping
gf

still an asshole disillusioned with the modern world
no worries man, making steps, doing progress, godmode coming soon

Reading the Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin. It's pretty good; I haven't read much genre fiction so I didn't know what to expect.

Also going back to the gym today for the first time since my exams started two weeks ago, gonna be a grind, but looking forward to getting back to normal flow of things

Habitica is easily the gayest thing I've ever signed up for by holy shit is it effective for me. Something about ticking a box and getting some kind of objective value (even if its arbitrary) makes doing shit so much easier.

>Hoping
That I'll be able to get my shit together in 2018, and actually do all or most of the stuff I say I'm gonna do. Last half of 2017 was chaos because I moved out and had no idea what I was doing, so barely scraped by on uni work and fell out of contact with most of my friends

Feeling that a tad myself, with so many issues with so many sides and points of view it's hard to care, let alone think about how you stand on those issues. Good luck my dude.

>That first workout high

Started the Wim Hof method today lads

Man I don't get that at all. My first workout after a break from the gym is just shitty, and I never get the feeling I usually get from lifting

>Reading
Crome Yellow
>Watching
Community
>Doing
Studying
>Studying
Meds
>Hoping
That my family wont kill each other when i'm at school, I usually tend to be the buffer between them.

>Trying to get through the Quran, it's not very easy but it's been a goal of mine for awhile.
Looking to become a terrorist?

If you wanted to find the chink in a dragon's hide then you'd probably read up on dragon anatomy

> Reading
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands

>Watching
Just finished The Punisher

>Doing
SS 5x5 to regain my lost strength after a terrible cut. Preparing for some submission grappling competitions and pre-preparing my next freestyle season.

>Studying
Finishing my tradeschool to go work on a petrochemical plant.

>Hoping
Things to get better on the social front, still only got full autism friends and haven't talked to a girl since I left highschool 3 years ago.

Enjoy your cold and fever.

>>Reading
The cthulhu mythos
>>Watching
peaky blinders
>>Doing
Working on my virtual assistant
>>Studying
data mining and analysis of social media data
>>Hoping
to feel alive

>Reading
Think and grow rich
>Watching
dumb anime
>Doing
Mediation, lifting
>Studying
Different vitamins and stuff to enhance the human body, business, investments
>Hoping
To manage my depression and anxiety, especially around women

Is peaky blinder good? ive seen it appear on netflix but never bothered watching it.

aside from that, looks like your studying good shit that's bound to rack in the dosh.

>Reading
Notes from Underground

>Watching
Running through Black Mirror again before new season starts

>Doing
Finishing up research paper for publication

>Studying
Literature. Very hard because I neglected it for the majority of my life. Just started picking up books for fun again.

>Hoping
To break up with current gf b4 moving away for medical school

also 2pl8

it's pretty good, I tend to watch shows with buff dudes in it during winter cause I tend to lack motivation but probably my fave show I've watched this year. give it a watch you won't regret it

>Reading
The Rites of Odin
>Watching
The Punisher
>Doing
About to apply for a new job
>Studying
Criminal Justice
>Hoping
That I'll get a gf someday

>notes from underground
mah nigga

Spend my days working, lifting and eating. I'm self-employed and a day doesn't even have enough hours for me to get everything done, so the fact that I still get my regular gym sessions is making me happy already. Also, the more I work on becoming more efficient or automating tasks, the sooner I can afford to work less and focus more on personal development. Things I have worked on and fixed are my sleep cycle and my morning routine. I've actually improved my morning routine so much I could fit in more tasks I could get done. Lots of things I hated doing I now basically get done before I even have my first coffee in the morning and it doesn't bother me anymore.

>reading
One Up on Wall St.
>watching
MCU movies
>Doing
Enrolling in online Python courses; preparing for research next semester
>Studying
1 more semester of Mechanical Engineering
>Hoping
That my sign-on bonus for my full time job arrives soon

>Reading
nothing right now, looking forward to Dostoyevsky's demons after an exam this week
>Watching
anime to wind down after a day of studying
>Doing
bodyweight routine and mostly studying
>Studying
chemical analytics
>Hoping
that all my recent exams went well, that i can stick with my study group for the next exams to finally have some like minded people at uni and that i'll find the time to go to the shooting range again soon

Part of my plan for next year is to become more organized at home.

Anyone have some good habits I can pick up?

House is fairly clean, and the dishes don't pile up. I usually just procrastinate on simple shit like sweeping, putting away clothes etc.

Additionally, my computer and desk is an unorganized mess and idk where to even begin.

>Reading
the peregrine, great book
>Watching
nothing
>Doing
relaxing after a day of work
>Studying
HTML5, German, Korean
>Hoping
Just to maintain this level of happines throughout my life

Fuck man I have the same problem. Following this thread for an answer here

Change your mentality. Work before play. Focus on one annoyig chore for a month and make sure you do it every day.

I'm hoping I can quit being in IT support and become a proper developer. I do development already but only in a support role.

When I was a kid I always wanted to be a games developer working for one of the prestigious developers like Valve or Rockstar. I don't play games much anymore but the dream's still there.

However another part of me wants to join the military as an officer in IT/engineering.

If I was 17 again I might have chosen a different degree other than Computer Science, but I do kind of like programming.

So I don't really know what I want to do, but I want a job where I can respect myself, and being an IT goon doesn't cut it.

Can you even fucking read? He said it was hard, not that he was giving up.

Started lifting 3 weeks ago. Feel a lot better overall... Nobody told me how good lifting feels. Sleeping better too. Even If I can't be aesthetic, hopefully I can add a reasonable amount of muscle and be more capable overall.
>tfw recovering 125lb sticclet

>self-employed
May I ask what you do? I want to be self-employed myself but I don't have any ideas to work out. How do I know if something is a good idea?

>Got a 4.0 this semester
Fuck yeah

not him but I'm a self employed programmer

Do you think it is probable to get self-employed by learning programming from the internet? What do you do btw?

I am self taught on the internet, I don't make a shit ton of money probably about minimum wage but I get freedom, I'm currently working on a virtual assistant and some data mining software

>reading
Norse Gods by Johan Egerkrans
>watching
I dont watch T.V.
>Doing
Rest Day/ Stomach bug so not much
>Studying
Old European Mythology(Follows with Reading)
> Hoping
Hoping to stay with my diet/lifting

Sounds awesome. The freedom is what attracts me too to being self-employed, don't even care in what field. What programming languages do you write? How long did it take to learn shit so you can do projects on your own? Do you have any resources on how to start?

python, java, html css (though that's coding) start on youtube derek banas I think he's called, pythons easier than java so start with that

>Reading
Started 1984, Win friends and influence people , and several other books, failed to finish.
>Watching
No desire to watch anything
>Doing
Wasting life
>Studying
Mechatronics officially, but more interested in forex and crypto rn
>Hoping
To get out of this mental hole i am in. No desire to live

I use the Flylady system (no homo)

Not him but personally I would recommend getting a full-time job in something before you try doing it self-employed, if you have problems with self-motivation.

If you have no problem with self-motivation, go ahead. Enjoy your 80 hour work weeks

Thanks
Fair enough, thanks. Right now, it's probably just some fantasy in my head lmao

>Fair enough, thanks. Right now, it's probably just some fantasy in my head lmao
I was self-employed for a while, it pays better but I was too lazy to find any work. Getting a full-time job really improves your attitude to working, because it fucking sucks, and you have to sit in an office for at least 8 hours a day. So it's a life lesson you really need to experience if you haven't already.

>it fucking sucks
I guess it depends on what you do even though I can agree with you. I have a part time job as help desk, besides my study, and I don't see myself doing this shit 40 hours a week.

>Reading
Stormlight Archives
>Watching
Noragami
>Doing
Working, smoking weed, playing games
>Studying
Japanese, Networking (IT)
>Hoping
To start a legit cardio practice soon. I want to cut these last 15 lbs and start packing on muscle. Also a second girlfriend would be nice. Ideally I'd like my Wife to get a girlfriend so I don't have to do shit but participate in 3-ways every now and then. Keeping multiple women happy with me and each other is a fucking hassle.

New Years resolution is to actually get to know some of the girls in my courses, how do I go about this? I've got common ground because I'll be doing both the same courses as them and having stayed at and left the same dorm last year (most of the second years were kicked out for more first years). Do you just start talking about stupid shit via facebook or snapchat or what?

Once something's established I'm pretty good, but I can't start stufff to save my life basically

>Reading
shadow and claw by gene wolfe
>Watching
the daily show, old colbert vids on youtube
>Doing
nothing really today
>Studying
semester hasn't started yet
>Hoping
that life gets better

super depressed atm. yesterday i managed to do some things. i did well at work today but feel like my life is going nowhere.

does anyone ever deal with girls who act hot/cold? Best advice is to just dump them because they're probably just playing games and dont really care, but I can't get her out of my head

>Stormlight
Mah nig

>Stormlight
Top tier taste

>tfw no jasnah waifu
why live lads?

>Reading
Footfall
>Watching
nothing really
>Doing
see below
>Studying
Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series
>Hoping
That I can make a better life

I'm sick of that "feeling too old to learn something new" shit. It's ridiculous to feel this at 29, but I can't beat it out of me.

Yes, it's true I wasted the best years of my life on stupid things, and when I look at other people's achievements (which I shouldn't, I know), I get angry at myself because I could have already started to play an instrument, sing, draw, went to this country, learned how to ride a bike, went skyjumping... and many more things years ago.

I feel like I'm never going to catch up and will exert myself trying to do everything at once, but I just "woke" up from that long slumber that was my life and I want to get everything right now. There's some final barrier, which I can't figure out, that is stopping me from going to the things I want.

>There's some final barrier, which I can't figure out, that is stopping me from going to the things I want.

It's you. Let it go.

Just start talking about some shit. You'll figure out pretty quickly if they're interested in continuing communication or not. "Hey we share X class together, what's up with our professor being such a dickbag/badass?" or some such dumb shit.

"reading" a novella. why not "read".

Advice for language learning outside of Duolingo?

"Being" a cunt. Why not "kys".

Buy a grammar book for the language, there are many non-nativ- student friendly ones.

I think I figured that much out. I'm probably just stupidly waiting for some catharsis moment, which won't come and will only happen if I engage myself in the things that are important to me. It could also be fear of the good things that might happen to me.

>reading
The way of men
>watching
Pretty much only fitness shit on yt and iasip when eating
>doing
Training hard and going for a swim everyday (pic related)
>hoping
That i can find something to aim at and stick to it, making a life for myself in the process. 8 years of neetdom fucked me up good.

>which won't come and will only happen if I engage myself in the things that are important to me

Basically this. You gotta go get what you want in life, put in the work and you'll reap what you so. You always do.

My nigga. Shower or irl? Shower feels harder than going into a lake or river. Protip: don't skimp on the 30 breaths or you WILL get sick. Do it right and you will be fine.

t. user that posted the image of the lake above

>Reading
was reading how to win friends and influence people need to get back to it
>Watching
the Rockman exe animu because I have shit taste
>Doing
liftan also have a photoshoot planned next week
>Studying
nothing
>Hoping
gf

I also watch fucking LoGH. Lmao how could i forget.

Turn your computer off to clean the desk/area.
Begin somewhere, anywhere. Move related papers into a file. Throw all of the garbage into the trash can. Wipe off the desk with a clorox wipe or a damp paper towel and then a dry one.

only been doing headspace stuff for a week and it's already made a massive improvement in my overall disposition lads. It could all be placebo but who gives a fuck. now im integrating stoic aspects and slowly beginning that mindset.

wonder what it'll be like 6 months down the track

>>Reading
Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks.
>>Watching
Not watching anything, but listening to the newest Dan Carlin Hardcore History
>>Doing
Work.
>>Studying
For the patent bar
>>Hoping
That I can get far enough ahead in my workload to take some time off next week and study all day.

Out of curiosity what do you mean by headspace stuff? Like what are you doing to improve your disposition I guess.

>satanic trips checked
I recommend pirating pimsleur for your target language. Shit's great.

Don't become a game dev dude. It's soul sucking, the hours are long, the industry is getting more corporate and soulless by the day, and the money isn't jack shit. It is a romanticized industry.

>dubs^3
yeah it's not worth it, that's manipulative-core
sanity over pussy every day

I need help with sleep. I go to bed, sleep for six hours, and can stay awake for like... one or two.
Then I crash super fucking hard and either fall asleep for about an hour and a half or I spend the entire day feeling like shit. Back in college I was able to schedule my classes in the afternoon to avoid this but I'm going to start working soon.
Anyone else have this problem?

Diphenhydramine. Generic store brand. 50mg. Take it an hour before you want to fall asleep.

Melatonin has less risk of dependency. Yeah, DPH dependency is a real thing. Plus user seems to be talking about not being well rested, not that they have trouble getting to sleep. Maybe sleep apnea or other sleeping disorder? If it keeps up see a doctor.

the headspace app and the daily mindfulness meditation stuff. I've always been someone who overthinks everything to an insane degree and tend to react to every thing. just doing it for a week and a bit has made me just mellow out and handle everything as it comes. that's how's I've changed dispositionally. I had a couple of things happen on the weekend that I would have kicked off over previously but it just rolled right off my back like it was nothing.

the effect will obviously vary, but it has helped immensely for me. then adding the stoicism to it is like adding the final piece of the puzzle that holds everything together for me.

That's pretty interesting I haven't heard of that app before. I might give it a look. Also as a fellow stoic who used to be a crazy overthinker I personally recommend stoic absurdism. It helped me calm the fuck down about life.

>Reading
The Hagakure. This time since I've humbled myself and have become more honest I can shape myself to be better.

>Watching
Nothing right now but I'll take suggestions. I really wanna watch Taxi Driver, though.

>Doing
Wageslave job. But I've gotten so good at it I can squeeze in 40 pushups an hour.

>Studying
Philosophy. I want to go back to pursuing a dream of teaching, but I also want to understand myself a lot more. Currently reading Levithian in order to challenge my existentialist beliefs.

>Hoping
I can make a friend that will allow me to use their car so I can get my license.

>Reading
Just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
>Watching
RSDTyler videos on YouTube
>Doing
Working, lifting, and trying to keep myself together before I go home for break.
>Studying
Material for my criminal justice and weather and climate finals
>Hoping
That things will go better in 2018.

I realized I've no hobbies and I'm boring af. So what do you guys do?

Tons of shit. Participate in Capture the Flag competitions, making alcohol (beer, mead, and occasionally wine), charcuterie, making soaps, making candles, making bath bombs (real hit with the ladies. Apparently bitches love bath bombs) and sewing. I'm thinking about learning how to make cheese next so I can make some non shit tier feta for my salads.

Do you do any baking? it feels incredible to bring a loaf of homemade bread to a potluck and for there to not be a single piece left at the end of the night

I recieved Schwarzeneggers biography as a gift, and find it to be an alright read, but there's something I'm confused about: One of the absolute fundamentals in training, and lifting in general is rest. Schwarzenegger claims, that when he realized a bodypart, like his calves or forearms, weren't proportioned enough, he's just train that bodypart, doing 15-20 sets every single day, until he was satisfied. Doesn't this conflict with the general idea of training, or am I getting something completely wrong?

What’s up sconnie faggot

what do you do for sewing and how did you start?

I've been wanting to get into it to make my clothes fit better, I'm pretty lanky, so it's hard enough to find clothes and working out just makes it worse.

What my dad did to start was just making clothes out of recycled material (old rice bags and that kind of thing) doing an initial simple project like that will usually teach you the basics of things like sizing and sewing itself.

Do you have a sewing machine? Is it necessary?

If you're just wanting to get the basics no, but if you want to actually make clothes and shit you'll need a machine.

>Reading
Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
>Watching
mindhunters
>Doing
waiting to hang with my gf
>Studying
Medical Physics
>Hoping
get a degree

Find a native speaker and have conversations with them. You will sound like a simpleton at first but you'll start picking up momentum as you go.

i'm not sure if they still make them, but on /int/ they used to do vocaroo threads where natives would post a text excerpt and people learning the language would read them, and the natives would rate their performance. t'was good for practicing oral skills, which duolingo doesn't help with that much, especially if your course doesn't have oral questions implemented. they might still do them over there if you wanna check it out.

i've heard good things about memrise, too, though i never used it myself.

At work currently, these days I am doing this:
>Reading
200 Years Together - A.S.
Human All Too Human - Nietzsche
What is Life? - Schrödinger

>Watching
Occasionally Funhaus on youtube, sometimes series on the weekends.

>Doing
Working on a compilation of racial differences in my language, as no such information is available. Also comparing the negatives and positives of racial mixing and their effect on societal change.

>Studying
Above, self-development mostly. I will start Russian next year after my project are done (website building and starting a shitty blog for self-amusement).

>Hoping
That the West does not implode before I start a family. That I become the man I wanted to be by 30 (have 3 years). That I can go work in Poland at the job I checked out.

Make a plan, stick on the door where you can see it. Break down stuff if you feel like you will procrastinate, but if you can do everything in 30 minutes, do it. You don't need to clean every day, but weekly at least.

Organize desk once, bin what you don't need., takes 10 mins man.

Nice job there dude.

>gf

>Reading
Nothing of note rn
>Watching
Anime
>Doing
SS
>Studying
German, japanese, Russian, C#
>Hoping
To become a normal

What's your opinion on starting university at 27? Should I not even try? I would be finishing my master's at 32.

Also it's psychology.

Cool. Where do you find patterns? Or just remake stuff you already have?