Is chocolate milk really a good post-workout drink?

Seems like the chocolate sauce is just empty calories for the sake of meeting that 4:1 carb/protein ratio. Wouldn't it be better to eat a more nutritious source of carbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.1071999
healthline.com/nutrition/foods/milk
southeastdairy.org/three-surprising-health-benefits-chocolate-milk/
healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefit-drinking-chocolate-milk-athletes-6965.html
livestrong.com/article/46306-chocolate-milk-nutrition-information/
healthline.com/diabetesmine/from-jdrf-detroit-lessons-on-chocolate-milk-and-a1c-imperfection
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=whey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dont fall for the milk meme just have a protein shake (not whey)

both chocolate and milk is extremely toxic for your body and mind, do not consume them

Depends. Intra and post workout protein should be whey. Casein at night or before long periods with no protein.

>I just finished reading my first body building (((dot))) com article

Nah, just listen to the right bodybuilders. Mike Israetel is a solid resource and Dr Layne "I have a PhD" Norton, Phd and similar guys who you probably get your info from are not

Of course depends on training program etc but I'm right in most cases

>milk
>extremely toxic
This is what happens when kids grow up in molly coddling countries.

>milk
>toxic
Yes, we should all drink soy milk instead, right fellow Veeky Forumsizens?

>hurr durr there are worse things than milk, we should drink it
Yeah, but there are way better things to drink too, that won't poison you, and won't give you a ton of estrogen

Like what? Name something better than milk that contains protein.

water and meat

That's not a drink unless you're talking about a hot dog smoothie or something

I have no clue what youre talking about dude and no I'm not buying any of your products

My point wasn't that milk is so healthy that no one should drink it. It's not unhealthy though, unless you use the most progressively liberal definition of healthy

My point was that milk is not "extremely toxic".

You must be either out of points of suffer from cognitive issues

Kek

>Not drinking his meat
Never gonna make it

Soy milk

Inb4 "MUH PHYTOESTROGENS" Kys Faggot it isn't strong enough to affect our hormones

Post-workout is the worst time for micronutrients, mane, look it up. Whey is pretty devoid of micros, so is chocolate sauce (ingredients: sugar, water, chocolate flavouring). 4:1 seems a little high though, should stick to 2:1 simple carbs:fast digesting protein (i.e: 40g protein + 80g simple carbs) and eat right the rest of the time.
Also of note is that a 1:1 simple carb:fast digesting protein is meant to be beneficial in the morning and also pre-workout. Overall that's 40+40+40g protein and 40+40+80g carbs so 1080 calories, which doesn't leave a whole lot for a healthy, balanced diet unless you're eating 3000+ kcals a day.

>le milk, soy, eggs and so fucking on is bad for you meme

JUST
FUCKING
STOP

>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
>tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.1071999
>healthline.com/nutrition/foods/milk
>southeastdairy.org/three-surprising-health-benefits-chocolate-milk/
>healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefit-drinking-chocolate-milk-athletes-6965.html
>livestrong.com/article/46306-chocolate-milk-nutrition-information/
>healthline.com/diabetesmine/from-jdrf-detroit-lessons-on-chocolate-milk-and-a1c-imperfection

>(not whey)
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=whey

I do peanut butter, Cocoa powder banana, half almond half whole milk eggs and ice instead of whey or some shit. Tastes good, macros arent the best but great for just calories.

no such thing as empty calories you stupid fuck