Literally fuck this shit. I see so many deadlift injury posts, it's not even essential for a good body...

Literally fuck this shit. I see so many deadlift injury posts, it's not even essential for a good body. And if you're a tall lanklet like me its even harder to keep proper form.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc?t=1m3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dyel?

K

never gonna make it

lol

196 cm here (around 6'5)

Can't keep my back straight for the life of me.

>R A C K P U L L S
>A
>C
>K
>P
>U
>L
>L
>S
>(below the knee)

OP here, 6'4 and I know what you mean

It's literally not even required and more likely to lead to injuries for non-manlets. Do some research and you'll find some good looking amateur bodybuilders who dont deadlift but have great bodies

>tfw hit 150kg and 2x bodyweight club today

Stay mad deadliftlets, you will never reach my 465lbs diddly

See, this is the problem with Veeky Forums,

If you want to impress me, show me how big and how shredded your lower back is.

DL is a training tool primarily for lower back and obliques.

But fat retards want to just shitpost meaningless numbers

>tall lanklet
That's what makes it even more neccessary so you don't have chronic back pain after age 30.

t. 6'1 King of manlets who cured his back pain with deadlifts

tall people are built better for deadlifts thanks to longer limbs compared to torso
just like manlets are better at squats and presses because of shorter limbs

Didly's have greatly improved my entire posterior chain. I don't go for big numbers and haven't tried a 1rm in 6 months. As long as you use a reasonable weight and use proper form they are one of the most beneficial exercised you can do

Eddie Hall is 6'3, get your delusions out of you, you lack mobility, thats your own fault

DL is not a lower back exercise, if you're feeling some shit in your lower back you are doing something wrong

>oblique
What? How did you completely miss glutes and hamstrings (the primary movers), plus traps and forearms?

They're definitely great for spinal erector gains too, no joke. Deadlifts have me thicker arms, bigger traps, tasty glutes, and a valley running along my spine. You're severely underestimating the aesthetic impact of a thicker back.

I like lifting the heaviest weight possible. That's what I enjoy, if you preffer aesthetics then good for you. I don't care too much how shredded I am as long as I'm not fatfuck mode

You need to qualify this. Lower back pain would indicate improper form. Lower back fatigue is perfectly normal. You have to brace hard in order to effectively use your spine as a lever in the deadlift. If you don't feel anything at all in your back after deadlift, then I have to assume you're pulling bitch weight.

when I dl dl primarily targets lower back and obliques

when i use the trap bar, i feel it in my glutes and hams a lot more

if you guys want a bigger back, do rows. its better for the center of your back

Dl= lower back
Rows= mid back
Behind the neck press: upper back
Shrugs: trap

your back is not just one lump of muscle,

as far as forearms, do wrist roller for real gains

arms, curls, rope pulldowns

you enjoy placing maximum stress on your joints and tendons for the least possile gains?

Don't ever fucking post here again you piece of shit.

You're even worse than the OP.

Just make them romanian and youll be fine

Your lower back is where you're primarily leveraging with...if your lower back doesn't feel like the blow up party balloons by the end of your 3rd set, you didn't do deadlifts correctly.

Bunch smol bois itt.

If you don't deadlift you're a pussy. If you deadlift and you hurt yourself doing it, your form is shit, or you need to make your glutes or hamstrings stronger.

you're using imrpoper form then, lower back should not take the hardest hit, it is all about hips hams and legs
are you retarded ? yes lower back muscles are involved in the deadlift, but deadlift isnt used to build your lower back, it is the same as saying youre bench pressing to get bigger lats

>
>DL is not a lower back exercise

KILL YOURSELF

6'6 here, how the fuck do you keep the bar at your shins without scraping the fuck out of them?

Also, what does rounded back mean exactly? Rounded upper or lower? You supposed to pull your traps back?

This is correct. I'm 198cm (6'6") and my DL is by far my best lift.

Being tall actually helps you deadlift.

Not all bodies are the same, if you have shorter legs like me it's not at all easier.

if ur scrapping ur shins then ur doing it right

This. Had back issues on and off and there's a big difference between back ache and back pumps.

I saw someone doing above the knee rack pulls with 1pl8 the other day and had to hold back the urge to laugh out loud

tall with short legs is the perfect build for deadlifts

Shorter legs are actually a boon for deadlifts... Short legs and long arms.

>I don't deadlift because it's bad for the back

That gave me a hernia watching..... Fucking cat mode

mirin that grip strength

also are his feet glued to the floor wtf

how the fuck is the human body so resilient to handle that fuckery of a ift

>it's not even essential for a good body

Neither are squats, OHP, or bench. The point of the exercise isn't to build a great looking body, it's to build a strong body, which in turn makes it easier to build a good looking one. All of the WSM competitors can deadlift and they're over 6'. Brain Shaw won the 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016 WSM and he's 6'8". Learn the 5 step deadlift, your weirdly sized limbs are no excuse.

youtu.be/wYREQkVtvEc?t=1m3s

>inb4 linking to Alan Thrall

Lower back strength is not correlated with a pain free low back

>build a strong body, which in turn makes it easier to build a good looking one
>strength -> bodybuilding is better than just doing exclusively bodybuilding from the start
i see this claimed all the time. I would like source on this

there is none because its a meme

isnt it only 100kg?

Deadlift is easier if you are tall, though.

just look at all the people who look really good, they all started by powerlifting
didn't they?
wait, fuck, nevermind lol

>6'6 here, how the fuck do you keep the bar at your shins without scraping the fuck out of them?
You have to do that, though. Don't be a faggot.

For the untrained they're basically the same thing.

>you enjoy placing maximum stress on your joints and tendons for the least possile gains?

I'm sure there are faggier people out there than you, but dammit if you're not trying fucking hard.

t. Stuart McGill

why

>guys why do I have back pain??

Long socks

>that shit eating grin at the end

Why are these faggots always so satisfied after doing things the shittiest way possible?

Fuck off with your pseudo science. Deadlift is one the most effective lifts. However, as always, technique before weight.

I had problems with hip hinge, I only learned how to do it after I already herniated a disc and researched the topic. I went to a doc and he told me to do back extensions (while lying flat on the floor pic related) and that activated my spine erectors (I probably wasn't even using them before lol) and I was FINALLY able to keep my spine straight, it's not easy to straighten up after 20 years of sitting slouched over.

If you're seriously interested in learning how a spine works then look for Stuart McGill podcasts on youtube he's a literal SPINE GOD.

I got neoprine calf sleeves. Long socks+sweat pants I still have calf problems. The sleeves are incredibruu and I even wear them while squatting because they feel nice.

Because I could only think of betadestiny

Just do 3x5or 3x8 with like 2pl8 once a week. Deadlift is functional strength.

Reading into McGill will make most not want to risk lifting.

ah the life of a typical Veeky Forums incel autist. where even the most basic of human movements is enough to snap your pussy ass muscle fibres

WTF deadlift is one of the safest lifts out there. Learn some biomechanics dude

being tall doesn't, having long arms relative to your height does

Rounded upper is alright, watch out for a rounded lower back tho
Pull back your scapulas too it'll help

I'm a guy who messed himself up by deadlifts.
The fault is not on the lift itself - if you do it right you won't fuck yourself up. It's if you mess up your form or, like me, get hubris and try to lift too much.

It's not the controller's fault that you're shit at the game dude

It's almost like you can deadlift AND row for maximum gains!

Retard. Deadlift builds your lower back like a motherfucker. I have lower lumbar scoliosis and deadlift has helped me tremendously in building lower back muscle and evening out the left and right sides of my back. You fell for the "deadlift doesn't cause hypertrophy" meme.

>retract scapula for deadlift
"No!"

>fell for the "deadlift doesn't cause hypertrophy" meme.
of course deadlift causes hypertrophy

the training energy spent/reward ratio from a purely hypertrophy standpoint isn't great though, which is why they usually don't make it into hypertrophy-specific programming

don't bother trying to convince me otherwise because i've been deadlifting for 6 years and know better

This. I just want to lift heavy, I do other shit to get big.
>you enjoy placing maximum stress on your joints and tendons for the least possile gains?
Yes I do fuck you

>the training energy spent/reward ratio from a purely hypertrophy standpoint isn't great though,
>deadlifting once every week or two for low rep PRs every time is the only way to program deadlift
Okay.

nice strawman

currently pull twice a week with some decent volume and have done so for years, have also run sheiko with good results for deadlift

it's just not a great effort/reward ratio for (((purely hypertrophy))) end of discussion

I'm 6'5 and do rack pulls instead of Deadlift. I find it easier to keep my form right, even with heavy weight. It doesn't hit the legs like a conventional Deadlift though. Also I have scoliosis.

would you be laughing if he was doing 5 plates?

I'm a 6'1" lanklet with the wrong proportions to deadlift and I've hurt my back once doing it wrong. Do sumos and thank me later.

Yes. 1 inch rom is stupid no matter the weight

>muh ROM
hello virgin

Y

Because most people aren't doing the lift correctly.

Put the bar over the middle of your foot and lift straight up. You suddenly realize you can lift way more with correct form.

DYEL?
>what is centre of balance?

I can hear all the other twinks applauding in the background.

ITT People too scared to pick things up off the floor.

I'm 6'6" regularly dl in the 500 range, hit 585 after only a few months back training after a pec tear. My back feels better than it ever has. Just make sure to keep building your squat so your glutes can properly handle their share of the work on dl.

Leave your ego at the door. Ego lifting is what destroys backs.

Traditional deadlifts are pointless if you’re not competing.
The only reason people on here will tell you differently is because they don’t want to face the reality that they spent the last several years of their life putting so much physical and emotional effort into a lift that literally does not matter.

What matters then?

>literally all the best deadlifters in the world are taller than you

keep making excuses

Not deadlifts, that’s for sure!

Prettymuch everything else

you can actually lift more with bad form

Well looking at these webbums I guess you're right, but in my case I stop if I feel my form sucks.

> you can lift way more with correct form.
You are retarded

>being this low test

You're retarded for trying to lift more with bad form.

Kek, exactly my point
>little pussy boi realizes no one gives a shit about his 4 plate diddly and now has to project

You can. The further from midfoot the bar sits, the more force you have to exert to move it. The exception is hitching.

You are a literal retard

Actually I ( )
compete regularly, usually 2-3 times a year. I just think there is an innate drive to want to be strong and to push your physical limits. Hell I'm not even the strongest guy at my gym, but we all enjoy the pursuit regardless. I fully believe that someone, regardless of competition, will enjoy becoming the strongest they can be.

if you compete there is no question that you should deadlift

i think for general strength/general size/athleticism most people can take it or leave it

>don't ego lift
>pursuit of lifting more

Anyone else consider a point of diminishing returns, outside of competition? Like fuck this, I'm not going to risk fucking myself up.

Don't do them then, but don't do mental gymnastics to convince yourself it's not a great movement to perform

If you ego lift yes. Most people that injure themselves didn't do the thousand reps with beginner weights and jump into beyond. Surprise, all your muscular tissue related to the lift is still shit because you didn't break it down and build it up.