Creatine

Is creatine supplement useless placebo?

When I first started taking it, I saw some difference I attribute to it. But since then it's been a few months and I feel like if I stop taking it, nothing much will be lost and I just get rid of a crutch, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/creatine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

btw I'm not a competitive athlete, just a home exerciser

examine.com/supplements/creatine/
decide for yourself

last time I got off creatine and started keto I lost 15 lbs in under 3 weeks

enjoy the balding gymcel, may as well use steroids retard fuck

Kre-Alklyn Masterrace

Creatine is a good supplement. In my opinion, helps with bad DOMS too

Creatine when ingested is converted into Phosphocreatine by the addition of a Phopshate ion. When a cells ATP stores are expended to uncouple myosin and actin filament binding during muscle contraction, phosphocreatine donates its stored phosphate so ADP can form ATP again, thus replenishing energy stores.

It is effective during bouts of intense anerobic activity, so within the first 12-15 seconds of exercise. Beyond this point ATP and phosphocreatine stores are heavily depleted and muscle fatigue sets in and a reduction in power output occurs.

So by saturating the cells with increased creatine concentration we can increase the time taken for fatigue to set in.

Also a misconception is that creatine makes you stronger, when infact it lets you perform at the same intensity for longer, eg you're as strong in your 3rd rep as you were the 1st.

>started lifted
>taking creatine since day 1 because lifting friend recommended it
>wonder if it does anything
>in high school at the time, run out, and cant buy more
>months pass
>buy some more
>put up same weight as the last time, maybe a few days before, but 3 more reps easily

try it for yourself if you must, but this was my anecdotal experience

OP can you explain to me why you and so many other idiots are too stupid to read the sticky and too stupid to google something that has been used for literally decades and that is one of the most well-documented supplements ever known and that furthermore your own body produces?

Basically, I don't go to gym - I work out at home. So I have no one to impress with muh strength numbers.

I just wanna look fit. Ergo, I think I don't need creatine.

>Is creatine supplement useless placebo?
..which hasn't got a single fucking thing to do with the bullshit you just spouted. You're a useless faggot and I don't think you do any exercise of any kind other than walking from the computer to the 'fridge and back.

>what is water weight?

I got you bro. I have used to lurk fit more from time to time, and its like the only place that bashed creatine and claimed it doesnt work, while in fact - its one of the cheapest and best working supplement at this moment which you basically should all time use at 5g/day

>bashed creatine
OP here, I still have like an year worth of that shit and it's cheap af. Just saying I don't wanna reply on something I odn't thing I need really, being not an athlete.

Also I am bald af since teenage years and I'm currently 41 yo

>eg you're as strong in your 3rd rep as you were the 1st.

This is by far the biggest thing I noticed with creatine, it's pretty good stuff desu

It's basically the only supplement besides steroids that is studied and proven to work. There are so many peer reviewed studies on this that anyone bashing it is obviously baiting.

Pretty much. Went off it an the only thing that happened was that I lost water weight.

Only problem with creatine is the reduction in dick size it causes. I started using it a year ago when I was 9" and now I'm only 7.5

>mfw just passed Physiology and understood everything you just said