/fat/ - Post Holiday Damage Assessment Editiom

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8
fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hate fatties.

Body fat percentage is proven to be 90% genetics. I can't change that so I just gave up desu

Fuck outta here then

we all hate fatties, even fatties hate fatties

I am normally cutting hard.
But the last few months I had some bullshit happen.
Now i am considering donating plasma as well every week in order to get back to assist my new job's revenue in order to get back to the black digits.
Is it wise to cut if I am gonna be donate plasma every week?

people cant be this stupid... c-can they?

Doing pretty goood! Started after Christmas on keto diet again. Weighing in at 232lbs, weighed myself today at 219. Fasted for about 2 days starting and doing keto meme diet, which actually helps for people with shitty metabolism.

I'm slightly fat and started a paleo diet last week. It's not that bad 2bh.

>depressed all day yesterday
>don’t workout, don’t eat anything besides a bag of popcorn
>still depressed today
>go workout anyways because I have nothing else to do
>instantly feel better

Shits magic bros

Just bet 210 bucks I'll lose 70 pounds by September. Wish me luck boys.

No weight gain over the whole holiday break. Feeling good. Back in the gym on Monday for lifting. Until then, getting back into the swing of counting calories and getting back into my healthy food routine

>thinking you have a shitty metabolism
>not just owning up to the fact that you eat too much
hello newfriend

Is this even worth it, Anons? I don't think my life is going to get better after losing this weight.

I think it is worth it, you won't have to deal with issues of being obese anymore, wont have to fuck around with things like chronic pain as much, and every day will just be easier to be alive. You may not think things will be better but it effects so many things drastically in the long run its definitely worth it.

One thing for example that I like is I can actually breathe when I'm sleeping now instead of forcing myself to yawn to get a breath of air. Another is I'm not always sweaty anymore. These things add up imo.

I've been obese since I was a child. Even after losing weight and reaching a healthy bmi I'm still tubby. Will I ever be skin and bones? Will I ever be 12%bf?

Good luck, belly tubbies. Next day of indulgence is Easter Dinner, then July 4th for us yanks. No more cheat days, just look forward to cheat holidays.

It's the best thing you can do for your mind. It simply feels better existing. When you get in shape you will remember a lot of subtle aches and issues that you had because of your weight and lack of fitness.

I rode my bicicle for 2 hours today

Saw today my fat wings are visibly reduced and I have the depression under my bicep when I tense that I haven't have for years. I'm fucking excited boys, lifting and weight loss is gonna make me look good again.

How much do you weigh now?

Is it cool to brag about 2017 accomplishments and post 2018 goals?

Currently 250
Started 2 weeks ago at 265ish
I've successfully cut down to 160 when I enlisted but I'm a fucking moron so we're back at it.

Nice job anons!

Yes

I only ask to see whether you're not shooting for something utterly unrealistic or not. Like dropping 70 from 210 or 220? That's just setting you up for failure if you aren't going to be some sort of ballerina or marathon runner. Dropping to 180 is going to be a huge difference on your life user. I'd recommend you spend a couple of months eating a little over maintenance and build some muscle you aren't a fat or scrawny 180 with no muscle.

Does anyone else drink these? I've been drinking them religiously to replace soda and I'm wondering if any of you have seen results.

Your wallet probably loses weight.

>Start a healthy diet a couple of months ago
>Mom bought me a bunch sausages and hamburgers during Christmas

Sometimes I open the fridge just to stare at them
They look so delicious
God dammit I want to eat them so much

>Rolled a 73 in a push up thread
>Haven't done a push up in months
I'm at 56 this is tough.

Like I said, I'm active duty milfag and I'm way more active now than I used to be, and I've been lifting on and off since I was 160. I gained the weight semi-intentionally, semi-depressed and both of those are no longer factors. I picked 70 in 8 months because that's slightly over 2lbs per week and because that increases the bet payout to 600+.

Learn how to cook cabbage and beets. Very filling and low in calories. Also, cut out soda (if you drink it) and replace it with water or seltzer water.

I'm full ketofag currently. I've been eating like 12+ cups of spinach and 6 cups of broc a week as my main veg. Water and coffee only.

Good luck! Diet looks pretty good.
I've maintained weight loss for about 3 years by learning to cook and cutting out most carbs.

Bye, thanks for stopping by.

I just took weight a measurements and apparently my bodyfat is 17%
Does this look right to you? I feel like I've tubbed out over the holidays

>tfw not a fat fuck
>feasted like a king through the holidays
>devouring every meal in my path
>fasted for 3 days
>back to same weight as before

LMFAO HOW DO YOU FATTIES DO IT?

anyone used Clenbuterol?

I've lost 12 kgs in the last 3 months, feeling fucking good boys. Still got fat all over me but it's fucking working!

We're all going to make it

Mostly used by body builders right? I guess it isn’t a steroid so you can keep your natty card

can almost see my right biceps vein when working out bros
were all gonna make it

Keep it up anons

Freeze them nigga. Defrost in the summer and slap them on the grill piecemeal over a few weeks

Throw them in the fucking trash before you fuck up.

See

It’s almost as if there are deeply ingrained psychological patterns that contribute to a fat person’s propensity to binge/compulsively overeat over a considerable period of time.

Why are you even here?

How do you get the courage to go outside and exercise? I’ve been doing well just on diet alone and lost quite a bit but I’ve been living in full on hermit mode on and off for the last few years, I haven’t really left my house during the day time since May or so, except for maybe an appointment or two. I always take my dog for a walk in the middle of the night to avoid people.

I just dread being out and around people but I need to get my shit together and start living. Maybe if I do more exercise and get out during the day I’ll feel a lot better. The idea of a gym terrifies me.

why, what are you afraid of

This guy gets it
Explain to me how I'm 17% body fat but used to be anorexic? Easy, both are the result of disordered eating

Ear buds my man. It's how I survive grocery shopping in the tight ass Central Market aisles

Not him, but I'll answer. Basically, the majority of the people of Veeky Forums make up exactly why fat people don't go to the gym out of fear. Constant ridicule for letting it get that bad, even if your actions show that you aren't headed in that direction anymore. In reality, most people don't give a shit and are there to work on themselves like they should be. But a forum made up of hypercritical shits give the impression that all gyms are hypercritical shits. Its a shame, really.

whenever I feel like I'm about to give up I think of that t.a.t.u. video clip where they're kissing each other in the rain

Link?

I love those! delish!

youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8

>tfw you missed teenager love

i listen to lullaby of a woe so i can keep on the path to get that geralt mode

>tfw made a big mistake and ordered a 4am pizza
>felt super full after 2 slices, would usually take me at least 4 to stop binging on it
I guess the stomatch shrinkage is real. But still, I'm soo going to be above the deficit today.

>Enter a cut for a few weeks, lose a decent 5 pounds
>Go on vacation for a week with friends, stop tracking calories closely, eat more or less what I want to not be THAT GUY
>Weigh myself when I get home: ORIGINAL WEIGHT ON THE DOT
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Start again from today, move on. No point dwelling, and honestly 5 pounds isn't that much. Keep it up and you'll eclipse that in 2-3 weeks. This is a long term change. You'll have setbacks.

I did, I'm at approximately a 1000 calorie deficit for today. I think I've found a decent long-term method to cut for me. If I skip breakfast, eat a

I had a really bad depressive episode that lasted pretty much a few years, really bad anxiety, made it difficult to go outside.

If you’ve ever been around someone who’s neglected their hygiene for years you’d probably know why I’m reluctant to subject other people to my presence. It’s like I have to build up all of those habits again, regularly taking care of myself, showering, brushing hair, shaving, brushing teeth etc. Only thing that kept me going was the fact that my dog needed to get outside for walks, needed to be taken care of. I was/am disgusting, and people are cruel.

I’m sorting my shit out now, and I’m doing a lot better, but people laughing at me, the mocking looks, the remarks they make at my expense to make their friends laugh, I don’t need that, so in my mind it’s better to never go out in public.

Good luck, I know that depression trap well. Just start making changes for you. Start doing things to look and feel better. When you shave do you like how it looks? Try grooming beard into something you find attractive. Do you like your hair? If not try styling and getting it cut rather than just brushing.

Remember the feelings of doing things to make yourself look better, and it will help your body understand that these habits make you happy. They become little rushes of endorphins. This helps with the initial creation of the habits. One day at a time user.

Some holiday stories

>been fatter than my mom since I was 16
>she has always encouraged me to lose weight
>went cocoon mode before the holidays
>she is shocked when she sees me
>Gushes how proud she is, tells me I look great
>asks me how much I weigh now
>never hidden it from her because she's always encouraged me to lose it
>Tell her
>Her smile kinda twitches, but doesn't go away
>"Wow, you weigh less than me now."
>Rest of the trip all I hear is
>"You aren't going to lose anymore right?"
>"I think this is a healthy weight for you."
>"Do you want me to get you some seconds on dessert?"
>Constantly offering me my achilles heal: alcohol
>Find out after the holidays are over I weigh less than she does
>By about 10 lbs now
>"I really need to lose weight."
>"I'm the fattest I've ever been, but you look fantastic!"
>"Tell me how you do it."
>Tell her about mfp, calculating your bmr, weighing your food, eating at a deficit, etc
>"No, no, that's too much work."
>"Just make me a meal plan"
>I tell her it doesn't work that way as everyone's different (mostly)
>"Oh"
>Ignores everything I said from that point on for facebook on her phone
>Feel bad because I want her to be happy with herself too
>Offer to set up her mfp, she already has a food scale for baking I could pull it out for her
>"No thanks, I'll figure it out later."
>Didn't even download the app.

what do guys?

Boys i'm down about 15 lbs since December even with all the over eating.

I've still got a ton of ways to go but I wonder if losing all of this weight will fill the void inside?

Food has been that void filler for so long i'm gonna have to plug it up with lifting + a secondary hobby.

Any recommendations other than running/biking/swimming?

I'm trying to cut fat, and my calorie allowance is 1800 (probably can eat more, but it's what mfp told me)
Should I try to stay away from carbs all together or is carbs allowed? I'm talking about wheat bread with a sandwich, or something I wanted to try was cooking white rice, put eggs in it, maybe some chicken, and random veggies.
MFP has told me that 50% of my diet should be carbs. Is this accurate?

>eat once a day (chicken with potatoes, brocolli and a tomato, cucumber and onion salad everyday)
>cut out all sweets and soda
>only drink water and tea with lemon juice.
>do this since 10 days already
>haven't lost a single pound
What the fuck am I doing wrong? Its not portion size because I eat like one chicken breast, 300-400 grams of potatoes and some vegies.
I eat like 1200 calories a day or something like that and I still won't lose weight even though I am a male that weights almost 100kg.

Help me

Ironically, you could be cutting too much.
How tall are you? A guy a assume as well, because either you're not recording how much you eat accurately or you're cutting too low and it's causing a plateau.

If you JUST started losing weight, in the first week you should have lost multiple pounds just from the difference in food in your system.

Something seems really off here. Do you use a food scale?

Weight loss is something that takes mental fortitude. She needs to want it for herself, and she's trying to take the easy way out. She might as well just buy as seen on TV bullshit and then complain about genetics and shit.

I don't use a food scale ever meal because I'm lazy but I eat pretty much the same thing every day (just sometimes more brocolli and salad if I'm hungrier) its around 300 - 400 grams chicken breast, 500+ grams brocolli, 400 grams potatoes and like 300 grams salad (I only add salt and pepper)

Maybe I am cutting to much but if I continue this I will surely lose weight right?

>didn't gain any weight over the holidays
>down three pounds since Jan 1st
>have almost escaped skinnyfat mode, just a little bit more weight to drop before I can see abs for the first time in my life

We're all gonna make it, bros

December 27th (Wednesday) was last day I ate potato chips, 28th (Thursday) was start of no more potato chips, first 4 days were rough, and week has past, and I don't have craving anymore

My roommate usually gets these tortilla chips, and cant eat them, leaves them for me, and threw them away last night.

Reason why I did this is because I noticed my heart would beat irregularly at random intervals sometimes few seconds to a few hours

It was just a pattern I noticed, since I have stopped hasn't happened at all. I still need to go to the doctor to get full check up.

Also fuck lunges, my thighs hurt, and feels like im going to collapse when going down stairs. Once my legs heal up, im just going to do regular walks, and take it easy on lunges.

I would wager that because you're not weighing your food, you're eating more than you think you are or you're eating too little.

But even still, eating only 1200 ish calories when you're a 100 kg male, you should have lost weight within the first week.

It's literally not adding up. So weigh your food everyday and up your calories to 1400. Try not to eat only 1 meal a day.

I'm all for intermittent/fasting, but if someone is obese, they shouldn't do that because of the massive sugar spike that comes after a large meal. It's just bad for your body, your vascular system, your kidneys etc. You didn't give me your height so I'm not sure if you are or aren't.

>and salad if I'm hungrier
are you using dressing? when i cut i never use more than 1 tablespoon worth of dressing, that stuff is murderous.

I'm a manlet (5'9''). I weigh my portions every couple of days and I eat the same everyday anyways. I do intermittent fasting because its the easiest for me to not get cravings, having to eat 3 times a day makes it easy to sneak in something while just eating once allows me to eat a lot once every day.

Is it normal for the body to takr some time to adjust to intermittent fasting? How much am I supposed to expect to lose on a 800-1000 calory deficit?

I just cut onions, tomatoes, cucumbers into pieces, add salt and pepper and let it sit in my fridge for half an hour or so

750-1000 kcal deficit should lose you 1.5-2lbs a day. I get what you mean about it being the eating style that works for you. If you just started and haven't lost a thing, something is very wrong. Don't be lazy with measuring your portions. That's just an excuse to fuck up. You don't drink any of your calories do you?

My husband loves his coffee, never measured it and just guessed with his creamer & sugar. Counted 35 cals each, had 2 cups a day. One day, he weighed it out of curiousity and banned used like 90 cals of creamer and 30 cals of sugar so what he thought was 70 cals but it was 240 cals. It's very easy to do this with calorie dense foods. Foods like potatoes & peanut butter are super dense so even if you're off by a little it can add a bit.

A week, not a day.

I am making a change for my life and its feeling good. I started meme keto diet about a week ago b/c eating the fat helps me eat less calorically without being horrifically hungry.

i am slowly weaning my sugar addicted physiology off of the garbage. feel good. went from 211 - 202 so far.

I've been to to gym 3 days out of the 7 so far. I am very sore all the time as this is new to me. I am also doing daily stretches, walks, and meditation.

I feel like a new me. I am a manlet so my goal is to lose 40 lbs of fat and add 10 lbs of muscle to begin with.

We will all make it guys.

Day 5 of Keto + 1,200 calorie deficit and I've shed a ton of water. Starting to feel the Keto flu going away too

Just glad you know it is water and not fat.

Slacked all december and dodged gym. Only gained 2kgs tho, so that's nice. Still 30kg to go.

>going outside

No my guy. I do a minimum of 20 mins a day on a treadmill I got on my local facebook marketplace for $100, and do lifts with bar- and dumbells I got for a pittance at garage sales. Add situps and pushups for the full battery.

Easy MF peasy.

My belly fat feels softer and looser. Not sure if loose skin or just a stage of fat loss.

>hit 239 today
feels good man

Fat cells are never destroyed, they are only created and expand, becoming more dense. So the belly fat getting softer is a good thing

At least that's what I've read. Could be total junk science

If fat cells are never destroyed what exactly does DNP do ?

I'm not sure how it works but it probably just raises your metabolism which sucks the fatty acids out of the adipose tissue.

Think of it like a sponge. Your body will suck the water out but the sponge itself is still there, even if it's smaller

do not think of DNP like a sponge jesus fucking christ. dinitrophenol is a compound that decouples electron transport from ATP synthesis in the mitochondria. this means that your body is burning calories to make ATP that it needs to do things, but DNP prevents it from getting ATP. DNP essentially turns adipocytes - AND ALL THE REST OF YOUR CELLS - into brown fat cells. this is bad. too much DNP will kill you, though it is obvious why it was once a popular weight loss pill

KETO+IF MASTER RACE, I feel amazing on 1000 calories and losing fat fast, why aren't you doing keto+if+ppl user? are you a loser?

>1000kcal
Enjoy losing all your muscle, faggot.

that is just an excuse weak willed people use to rationalize eating food
fitnessblackbook.com/main/starvation-mode-why-you-probably-never-need-to-worry-about-it/ enjoy cutting 5 months instead of 2

That's DOMS. If you power through it for a month you can work out and not feel pain afterwards any more. It's the only tough part of exercise. You just have to keep doing it regularly and you will be able to do it and not feel sore at all.

working through doms will not decrease gains or increase doms. not working out for a while will decrease gains, and working out after not working out for a while will give you doms. just do as this guy says and work through doms

pretty happy Desu , lost 63pounds in 2017

went from 246 to 183. I fasted a bit post holidays only regained 2 pounds. Probably still some water weight, aiming to get to 175 then i will start bulking a bit to finnaly gain some muscle

We're all gonna make it bros.

That's fantastic. Keep it going man. You'll reach goal weight soon and start powering up like a beast.

user, I love this place, so comfy

Nah we're just as much of faggots as the rest of Veeky Forums. We're just motivated faggots that want to see each other succeed. If anyone has bullshit to say it will be called out vehemently. I personally like this approach though.

Kek if only losing fat was this easy

Day 3

Gained 15 pounds since thanksgiving.

Probably going to keep myself to an 800-1000 cal diet and start using the elliptical again. Maybe I can use netflix to distract me, since I've never felt anything resembling that "runners high" people keep talking about.