Cold Thermogenesis - BAT - Wim Hof

> Sitting here, in 13C room temperature, just a t-shirt and homemade ice-vest. - Comfy.

Anyone here into Wim Hof style training or just any active cold resistance training in general? How's your progress?

I've built up quite a resistance from last year. Dramatic increases in brown fat. I can feel my chest aggressively radiating heat in cold showers and cold environments in general. Fantastic source of high calorie burning.

Primary means of training were near-bare sessions on the patio late fall into early winter (private), full cold showers/baths, ice vest usage, and leaving heat off in winter/opening windows. (Cold Canadian winters here)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ffOQ4yAxxko
youtube.com/watch?v=OpTG02x6w5o
youtube.com/watch?v=EWHRumILOOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does wim lift? looks big in that pic

One part of the Wim Hof method does involve excessive hyperoxygenated pushups, so that may be his source.

Enjoy getting sick all the time, if you're stupid enough to do this.

There are damned good REASONS why we prefer warmth to cold: COLD KILLS.

Don't be stupid, lads.

Post cold resistance training stuff pls

disease occurs more frequently in warm climates you brainlet

>falling for the heat jew

This shit strengthens the hell out of your immune system. I've not been sick for years, and that's while surrounding myself with sick people. (in more ways than one)

You have to breathe using your nose in bitter cold temps. You don't know what you're talking about man.

I've always been a warm person, wear shorts and a hoodie through the winter if I'm not gonna be outside for extended periods. Post cold routines pls.

I attempted 1 "set" a few days ago. I definitely felt the oxidation. Maybe ill give it a shot later. The workbook i downloaded doesnt explain it well. is there a video?

thermal* jew

There's not much else I use except the vest in terms of "stuff".

That vest I made custom from a 2nd hand store jacket. It holds 10 full size ice packs that I can slip and out to rotate stock.

No special routines really. It's more lifestyle, As I mentioned, cold showers, wearing fewer layers, is the key.

Becoming comfortable with being uncomfortable.

>heat jew
>thermal jew

heavy kek here

This covers it well. Too bad the animation effort got so few views

youtube.com/watch?v=ffOQ4yAxxko

Not sure if I should laugh or be amazed at the idea of the ice vest

Oh, it's a real thing that gets results. There're retail versions that are more ergonomic and wrap better, but I ain't no chump.

Looks like a slow motion suicide.
>what is bohr effect

Hey user do you still do it when under the weather/with a cold? I do the cold showers but this is the first time that I'm sick and facing a cold shower and I'm unsure if I should do it even now.

> under the weather/with a cold?
What's that?

Don't have an answer for that one.

Under the weather is a figure of speech. What I mean is I'm sick currently, have a runny nose and a general malaise. No fever though. Did you ever do the cold showers when you felt unwell like with a flu?

Please provide body picture.

I legit wasn't joking or trying to brag. It's not come up yet to be able to test it. Sorry.

Ok but what would you say in theory? I don't have a fever so I should be ok?

Largely because there's more mixing of people, dumbass.

In winter the air is drier, which makes pathogens more likely to survive, allowing them longer to spread.

The factors influencing who gets sick and when are many and varied.

I was in your exact position a few months ago and I did go for the cold shower. It cleared my nose and I was able to breathe very easily falling asleep that night.

>implying all pathogens have the ability to survive in cold air for extended periods of time

Been doing it for a couple years, it’s awesome, not even a sniffle the whole time.

yeah, bacteria turn into spores which are pretty much indestructible in normal weathers. I don't think virus can really be killed.

Labs literally use a freezer to preserve specimens.

>I definitely felt the oxidation
There is no such thing, WH method has some bullshit floating around it.

This guy explained it correctly.
youtube.com/watch?v=OpTG02x6w5o
youtube.com/watch?v=EWHRumILOOk

wut. Bacteria doesn't produce spores.

>wim please breathe

Yeah I cold train every day by living in England where it's 1°C and 40mph winds

You can preserve bacteria at cold temps, but it isn't technically alive. It can't perform the functions of its DNA therefore rendering it obsolete as far as being a living organism is concerned. So I guess you're both right

England has pussy nigger weather you dumb cunt, even where i am in the outer Hebrides its not that bad

thanks for the reminder, going to go into my unheated canadian swimming pool
fuck

never heard of cold resistance training. don't know if there are any studies on the benefits of cold adaptation.
i DO know there is extensive research into the advantages of heat adaptation.
if you are a strength and power athlete you NEED to be hitting the sauna at least once a week.

I don't think the body can do both. It either adapts to the cold or adapts to the heat but it cannot simultaneously adapt to cold and heat.
Once it lands inside your nose it wakes.

>-40 with wind chill yesterday in Ontario
Suck my cockcicle

You don't have to use the Wim Hof stuff to get the benefits from cold conditioning and brown fat development.