Planet Fitness

Can Veeky Forums explain to me why everybody seems to hate planet fitness? It's the closest gym to me and from the looks of it they have everything you'd need. What's the problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWpiZ2gA7cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The ones by me have no barbells or heavy dumbbells

It's the reddit gym with trigger warnings? lunk alarms that funds itself though NYR fags that never set a foot in it

Also it’s the same price as a real gym that’s closer to my house so why tf would I go there

No they don't, no bench press no Olympic bars whatsoever no squat rack/power rack

Its ad are bretty dope though

youtube.com/watch?v=hWpiZ2gA7cw

no squat racks or weights over 70lbs

so not everything you need, or at least not everything I needed

My info is a year old, but Planet Fitness, at least a year ago, was a complete mess. It's a gym that hates fit people. Literally hates them.
There are "lunk alarms", there are reports of locker thefts, and there's free pizza, sinces the fatties will get HUNGRY after a workout. you will sign up, and then after a month they'll find you intimidating just by LOOKING at you, and throw you out. That's Planet Fitness. If you're really Ameri-fat, then go there. If you're not, they're just looking to scam you.

Only reason why I signed up were for the same reasons as you, OP. Its nearby, and since I'm just starting out (back in in November) the babby weights were enough for me. No squat rack or big enough barbells are the only things that kinda worry me going forward. They got a smith machine if that's your thing though

I work at Planet Fitness. On break right now. AMA

is it true you don't allow deadlifts? if so why

We are not supposed to because it supposedly intimidates new gym users. I personally don't care and let it slide.

"We're not a gym." pretty much says it all.
They're not saying that jokingly. They're saying that for legal reasons.

No deadlifts is news to me. I've been deadlifting in planet fitness for months now.

The only thing that happened was once I got warned for dropping the weights.

You can diddlys but make sure not to drop the weights, make a sound, grunt, yell, breathe or lift heavy then you're fine.

If you HAD to lift their for one year what would your main lifts be?

Id say smith glute thrusts but not sure about others

how is this not that """body shaming""" that those fat people always talk about?

I was told specifically by my boss that deadlifts werent allowed, maybe there are better locations than mine

>tfw you can't go on a death match with Dimitri

Also, doesn't the ad imply she defeated him?

Mostly because of the way they treat people. They advertise everyone as being accepted there but they have systems put in place like the lunk alarm that turns people training strength off. If you go there for your cardio its fine but if you want to train for strength they treat you like you're an animal and you get these stupid stares you don't get anywhere else. I was with them for two years when I was prepping for the marines and I'm glad I left that trash heap.

Planet Fatness is a SCAM. They don't want anyone to actually lose weight and get 'fit', they want what all franchised public gyms want: pay your money, and never show up consistently. Then they feed you pizza and cookies and other shit you should not be eating if you want to stop being a fatass, so you STAY a fatass, and pay them your $10 a month forever, and never improve. Meanwhile if you're not a fatass they don't allow you to do the level of exercises necessary to actually make decent gains.

They should all be burned to the ground and the CEO dragged out in the street and publicly executed.

I think that business model is genius. Free money to whoever innovated PF

Pretty much this.