Is it okay if the only meat I eat is fish?

Is it okay if the only meat I eat is fish?

Why not?

Yes

Sure.

No. Red meat contains unique substances too. I'm not positive, but I think that iron and copper are examples of red meat exclusive "vitamins".

sardines, maybe. best to avoid carnivores. fish typically eat fish who eat fish who eat fish, etc.

Hm interesting, are there any common sources for iron and copper?

You'll want bird meat for the 5-HTP and red meat for creatine and some essential minerals. Diversify your protein source, brother.

You can probably search for this on the internet.

M855 bullets have both copper and iron in them. The lead is elemental lead, so it's harmless. One a day should do you.

nah. iron and copper are contained in various beans and leafy green veggies like spinach.

Just go buy some metal bars and shave it into your food. Easy.

Lack creatine from red meats but very good for you. You can just do creatine separately

use one-a-day tablets for micronutrients bro. eat whatever food you want just make sure your body has enough energy for workouts and you'll be fine. you can eat like total garbage as long as you hit your macros and micros and exercise- your body will shit out what it doesn't need

I thought he was talking about just types of meat.

1% bioavailability. Hence why so many anemic vegatarians

No problem unless you're eating bigger fish frequently, because of mercury buildup.

fish is better than red meat anyway. way better

Do you feel healthy? Do you take good care of your body with all your specific and unique qualities? If yes to both, you're probably fine. If you don't like other meats or if they don't make you feel good, then maybe you specifically should avoid them. Something is right for everyone, not everything is right for everybody.

enjoy your mercury poisoning

>tfw never had much seafood growing up
>Cant stomach it at all, any other meat is fine

Other than the fatty acid is there anything else fish has that other meats lack? I hope I'm not missing out on any secret gains

thats what the diaz brothers do in the UFC. the only meat in their diet is fish and they have the best cardio in all of mma. Wether it has correlation or not thats up to you but facts are facts

Yeah

I wish I could eat more salmon but it's expensive here and also they're almost fished out so I can't really eat it with good conscience

How much do you need to worry about mercury poisoning, really? Why do nips not suffer when their diet is heavily fish based?

I am doing this also. I literally eat Salmon almost every day. Go for Salmon, Mackrel and Skinless boneless sardines in (drained) oil. Only eat tuna sparingly. avoid mercury and shit. Drink a lot of protein shakes too.

shave bronze over your oats

this is probably the only real concern. and for those of you arent aware, he's talking about mercury being more highly concentrated in fish up the food chain. but it sucks that sardines taste so fucking awful. ive never been able to make them palatable no matter how hard ive fucked around with different recipes

this is dogshit advice and i hope you're being sarcastic

mcdonalds can be healthy
store-bought bread can be unhealthy
water can be bad for you
soda can be good for you

do you have any understanding of how your body actually works? or do you just peddle Veeky Forums 'truths' all day?

how do you suppose kids who eat like crap but go out and play a lot are perfectly healthy? magic? lmao

nigger do you know what a phytonutrient is?

im not saying "junk food" will kill you. im saying you should eat a relatively balanced diet with fresh food to the point you dont need to take a multi, you then also get the vital benefit of phytonutrients, and then you can add whatever shit food you want on top of that

ironically IIFYM is parroting Veeky Forums 'truths'

and actually i'd really like to know the capacity to which mcdonalds can be healthy. do you mean it can be not-detrimental to your health, or it can actually improve your health beyond being a source of calories?

oh I'm sure he's right. not like massive amounts of sodium, trans fats, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, sugar, highly processed food, preservatives, and god knows what else ever hurt someone when eaten on a regular basis.

i meant to say "the capacity to which *you think* mcdonalds is healthy". i just wanted to hear his bullshit reasoning for making such misleading claims. i mean, obviously once in a while isnt going to kill you, but theres no way to argue that you should avoid eating anything like that as much as possible

argue against*
fuck

big mac
>bread
>meat
>lettuce
>cheese
>pickles
>onions
>dressing (according to wikipedia, similar to thousand island dressing, which has: olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, cream, chili sauce, tomato purée, ketchup or Tabasco sauce)

if you're going according to the old food pyramid, you're getting bread, meat, dairy, vegetable, and fruit (pickle is a pickled cucumber, a cucumber is a fruit) all in one burger. you get fats and sugars from it too. all of these things are good for you dude. people only get unhealthy because they're completely sedentary while eating too much, which the body knows to commit to fat stores for survival, which is ALSO a healthy phenomenon... being too overweight, or overweight for a long time, is where the problems begin. someone who regularly exercises is not going to get a disease from eating like crap- their shits will just be terrible, they'll feel sluggish, they might even barf sometimes, which are your body's mechanisms to handling garbage. at that point you won't even want to eat that garbage anymore, which is ANOTHER of your body's tools to point you in the right direction...

desu you might get mineral imbalances if you eat limited amounts of fish compared to limited amounts of beef

my point is, unless you're training for competition where every calorie must be counted, it doesn't fucking matter what you eat, as long as you give your body what it needs and exercise you'll be healthy. you agree with this too but decided to argue with me for some reason... and you know that one-a-day tablets can get those oft-missed micronutrients too to round out an unplanned diet, like calcium- which most americans don't nearly get enough of.

>meat
literal dogfood grade meat. treated with ammonia. a ton of cellulose as filler

>any of those vegetables
probably lost all nutritional value in the steps it takes to end up in front of you; time, freezing, and microwaving

>cheese*
american cheese is not cheese. it cant veen legally be labeled cheese, its a "cheese product"

>dressing
first ingredient is soybean oil

eating literally anything else is better for you. stop being a lazy fucking cunt and make your own goddamn burger. youre focusing on macronutrients and thinking that a daily vitamin makes up for a shitty diet. it doesnt. look up what phytonutrients are, then look up what phytonutrients do. particularly anthocyanins, im sure the nutrient-partitioning will hold your attention.

daily vitamins arent that well-studied. large spikes of vitamins once per day is probably not a very good way of absorbing them

I've eaten them right out of the can. Sardines are pretty good.

>why do nips not suffer
They absolutely do. Americans have more colon cancer (red meat) and nips have all sorts of fucked brains from mercury. It just takes decades to build up, just like ours. Diet is about optimizing your youth yet also surviving your retirement.

well there's nigiri sushi and the fact that salmon/tuna/yellowtail are good as fuck in general

why are you using a format of refutation to give your opinions? also, i'm not here to stop you from pretending to yourself that your work to maintain a specific diet is important if that's why you got so heated from the beginning. i don't care what you do dude feel free to spend your time figuring that stuff out and adhering to it it's fine. but at 71 years old the big guy DJT is perfectly healthy while eating like garbage for his entire life, if not a bit pudgy...

Watch out for mercury.

>How much do you need to worry about mercury poisoning, really?
There's guidelines out there.

This is so wrong and the thing that annoyed me the most is that you felt the need to type “vitamins” instead of what they are. Minerals

Buy the nice ones from Portugal or wherever. Around the Mediterrenean. Fresh sardines are great too, aside from the bones.

oh, you're one of those. no wonder your so fucking thick-skulled.

i wasnt giving an opinion, i was correcting you since you posted this horseshit as advice enjoy all that soy in every item from mcdonalds

Yeah, it's wrong. I'll correct it:
Both fish and red meat contains iron. I don't know if red meat contains more iron, though.
Copper is found in leafy greens and beef liver.
...and "minerals" didn't come to mind at the time of writing.

>oh, you're one of those
lmao the only reason i mentioned him is because i could tell you live in lala land where your truths can never be challenged. "soy soy soy" so you're justifying numale behavior then huh, that's the reason numales are like that yeah it's not the constant presence on the internet consuming media and staying inside or anything. man, must've been such a relief to categorize me as 'one of them' right? pffffhahahaa what if i never mentioned him then you'd have to go to bed tonight all rustled, now you can sleep easy!

>ad hominem with no further arguments
we're done here

i only mentioned soy because i know you r_thedonalders love to spout the soyboy so much without realizing how much you consume yourself

>we're done here
hey man, if you say so! it's your call! always!

copper? try out Mulgore, go north of Thunderbluff. there aren't any quests there so people barely gather shit. good if you wanna raise your herbalism as well.

there has to be. I've done a similar diet - no meat, only fish. it didn't exactly give me energy, but I didn't feel the same kind of lethargy I do after eating heavy meat like beef. I felt more balanced through out the day. eating meat in high volumes works like benzos for me.

I make a new character every so often and quest in mulgore just to relive my youth. It's so peaceful

Enjoy your heavy metal consumption.

I do that except with orc/troll characters.

Durotar is a very fun zone. I love the echo isles. fucking zalazane .

Unironically what ever you're using to grill/cook on a stove or barbeque. Humans consume tons of iron and copper this way.

Fish has iron. It's less than beef, but is far from a trace nutrient in fish. Iron deficiency is exceeding rare in countries where people don't starve, and even more so for males.

how does one survive their retirement?

Don't forget their markedly higher incidence of stomach cancer.