How do you guys deal with depression and feelings of isolation?

How do you guys deal with depression and feelings of isolation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjaJey0ls_E
deskgram.org/loviasgh
youtu.be/0LXCqV1jBxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

browse Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=vjaJey0ls_E

that's a really good question...

watching girlfriend asmr videos :(

becoming suicidal and accepting that I'll eventually kill myself which leads to radical acceptance that nothing I do matters anyway so I just do it despite feeling bad all day but it's fine because it accelerates my spiral downwards and that means I'm dead soon and death is freedom

who this?
sauce?

>death is freedom
What if it's not :(

Life isn't that's for sure. I'll find out if death is eventually.

Unironically
I tell myself everything is gonna be okay.

Death is nothing you fucking retard. It's certainly not freedom.

Blast death metal to clean the house, do the dishes/ etc. Then back to groovy surf rock and shoegaze/ dream pop

Take my magnesium and zinc, then go out and talk to people.

Was supposed to ask a girl out on a date today but never got to it. My only options are to wait until Summer when she is on break from Uni again or ask on Facebook.

It is nonexistence. The total absence of anything.

I decided to stay in for a weekend. Checked social media and saw people having fun and whatnot and became suicidal. After that I began forcing myself to just go out. Make plans with people or just go chill at their places if nothing was going on. I feel a hell of a lot better and now when I do end up having no choice but to be alone at home I don't even feel that bad.

Lifting and browsing Veeky Forums. It's not that I don't have friends, but I get depressed and don't talk to them for weeks, and then I feel isolated, and become even more depressed. The only times I left the house this week was for shopping and going to the gym.

Cognitive behaviour therapy

I don't. They're swallowing me up alive.
I'd cast myself into the abyss if it weren't because I know that this too shall pass.

Video games are a big one. Getting lost in a different world eases my mind and makes me forget what a giant failure I am.

I have been turning it around though.
Started working out 6 months ago and have been losing weight.
I am also going to uni in the fall. I am also going to try and get a job.

Pray the rosary

Practicing stoicism helps but the existential thoughts never seem to leave. I like to focus on hobbies. Pretty much the only thing I care about in life is doing what I enjoy.

The only way I'd kill myself is a bullet because I'm a pussy but I also don't want to become a statistic for gun grabbers so I stay alive out of spite

Momma sed "Like the rain, this too shall pass, life a kidney stone this too shall pass, it's just a broken heart son this pain will pass away."

Nice collection, I love that colour.

I don't even know anymore:
With these many depression threads,
is it just one guy spamming,
or are you legit the saddest bunch of neets I've ever seen?
Sure, this is a chan, but this is the FITNESS board!
You are supposed to be successful - not compensating for being losers.
This is so wrong.
Please tell me this is just one guy trolling.

Yeah, maybe if you're an atheist. Enjoy your nothing, nerd. lol
deskgram.org/loviasgh

Death is freedom in the sense that you're going to die anyway so whatever you do is meaningless, therefore you can anything, since it doesn't matter.
But of course you're a dumbass and won't understand.

lifting dont keep the feels away my brother

I bottle everything

I'm addicted to browsing Veeky Forums and trading cryptocurrency. I go to work, go to the gym, come home, and start trading. Sometimes I play Starcraft.
I don't even want friends anymore (though I really need to find someone to fuck), I have more fun trading shitcoins than I did hanging out with friends when I had them. I think something's wrong with me.

How long have you been doing crypto? How much did you start investing with? Thinking about getting in it before shit hits the fan

>lol its not an illness bro just get over it

Would you say the same to people with cancer? Ignorant faggot

There are two types of people:
There are the feminine types, who sit down and cry, begging for mommy hugs,
and then there are the masculine types, who rise to the challenge and self-improve.
I always figured that people lift as part as rising to the challenge.
I lift because I'm through bawwing about rapes and shit.
I lift to let my muscles substitute my feels.
I know girls TWICE as manly as you are.
Man up!

Just remember that it doesn't matter.
When that gets you down just remember that that doesn't matter. idk if i'm depressed or if I've acheived nirvana.

This is the only correct answer.

You're going to spend the rest of your existence dead, why not live while you can?

Nah dawg death is absolute peace. Don't kys but just something to look forward. You either go to a cool place or escape from all the pain. Just live life like you're dying because we all are.

>just man up bro

Listen you normie faggot, not everyone can just be satisfied their entire life off by picking up heavy things. It doesn't make it any better that no matter how much you try nothing changes. It also doesn't feel better when you have no friends to just kick back with either

>vitamin D
>work
>lift
>minecraft with Pandora going, probably Dan Cummins or similar comedian channel
>drink a little bit
>pet my kitties
>work that hermit wise man lifestyle, finding peace in my insignificance and comfort in knowing I can teach newfags how to lift and not be a fuckin faggot about it if they can slow down and listen
>watch those really sad Asian life insurance commercials when I'm feeling sad to purge those pesky sadness chemicals from my hairless monkey brain

Please go back your containment board. We want to improve ourselves here, not put up with your ennui and despair.

Get Jesus and let grace help you fill the broken mess that is your life

What does it even mean to man up?

Your problem is that you are not the center of your own world.
You don't feel entitled to having friends, and you think that friends is something that you need to have - that it will somehow fix your problems. You want to suckle the teets of friendship like some kind of a leech, so that you can grow fat and content.

I quit my friends. They were holding me back from lifting. They were making me soft.

You just Man up

I put in about $800 in March (a bit less than a bitcoin) and today I finally hit $80,000 (almost 5 bitcoins).
Coinbase got banned in my state literally days after I bought in and it pisses me off pretty bad to know I'd have an extra few tens of thousands if my fucking dumbass state government didn't find joy in banning anything that sounds interesting.

>I chose to be friendless so I pick up heavy things
Do you people even listen to yourselves?

He doesn't know what to say aside from generic motivational bullshit. Doesn't realize you can lift yet still be unsatisfied

It means to look at what you have at your immediate disposal, and start building.
Imagine that you're on a deserted island. You can either sit down and cry, or you can start working on surviving. Crying won't help you. Crying will only help little girls in the presence of their mommies. Learn how to survive.

To realize you are only one of about 7 billion people on this planet and to get emotional about your life sucking for no particular reason, in a first world nation, is pathetic and selfish. Then, knowing this, forcing yourself to suffer the day until you find joy in the struggle.
A man is at least a little bit of a masochist.

>stays in for one weekend by choice
>has a ton of friends he can see on social media
>this makes him SUICIDAL

I have two best friends:
My left friend jerks me off from time to time.
My right friend steers my mouse.
I also have other friends - several HUNDREDS of them - and I carry all of them around as I walk, since they're attached to my body for life. They're all my friends, and they're the best friends that I could EVER have.

>25
>kissless virgin
>havent had friends since 13
>basically been a shut in my whole life, through high school, even college, and now post-college, besides working and a few hobbies here and there
>most normal people would probably not even be able to comprehend the loneliness i have lived for a week of their lives, let alone the past decade plus
>i honestly dont even give a shit about it

i go to work and talk to people all day, make them laugh, etc. then i just come home and dont talk to anyone until the next day. weekends are the worst though, basically rarely leave my house for two days if i leave at all

When the fuck did i post this?

This

I try to remember the day to day of what having a gf was actually like.

No thank you.

I would hang out with friends but they all have gfs and rarely want to hang out

>new year happens
>i just stayed home
>not really sad at missing out on parties or anything
>just realize how fast the last 10 years have gone by, seem like 2008 wasnt really that long ago
>then realize how fast the next 10 years are going to go by
>Im going to be middle aged before I know it, just half of my life gone
>then Im going to be like 60
>then a few years after that, Im dead and thats it
I really need school to start up again. When Im too idle, I just start thinking about death

Keep a stiff upper lip and just go about my day. Same way I deal with any negative emotion.

Bro dogs born onto a leash outside are still happy. But you put a free dog on one you seem them get very sad. Just because 'people have it worse' doesnt mean you cant ever be fucking sad. He's a fucking human and so am i, it's ok to get sad about whatever the fuck you want. It's people like you that make the situation worse because you dont understand shit.

I didn't say you don't have the right to be sad. Just that it's pathetic and selfish. If feeling like a piece of shit drives you to get up and do something, my point of view is valid motivation. If feeling like a piece of shit doesn't light a fire under your ass, don't listen to me. Nobody's forcing you to live like me.

I can't deal with it, I keep staring into mirrors and measuring my shit over and over and over hoping for it to somehow magically change

Well I normally do free weights and compound exercises instead of isolation. I don't know what to do about the depression though

What do YOU do, OP? What have you tried when dealing with depression, whether successful or not?

>feelings of isolation
I'm an introvert so i'm just okay with it
>depression
Stoicism, and always trying to focus on the good things in life rather than the bad.

>duh starving kids in africa!!!!
fuck off, humans (northern Europeans) could not give a single shit how "bad" the endless sea of browns that occupy this planet have it. its a perpetual issue that will never resolve itself as long as they shit out 13 browns per woman

"We rejoice in our suffering, because suffering brings endurance." - Romans 5:3

>talk to people all day
>make them laugh
>shut-in
kys

Everything you own is ugly.

I have no way to vent anything. No friends, my family feels so isolated, cannot relate to my brother and never engage in any sort of discussion with any of them. Fucks sake, I spend hours on this website yet whenever I make a post or a thread, I don't even feel like I fit in with anyone and nobody wants to talk about anything I want to. I decided to stop talking to my only friend a few months back after I concluded that they treat me like shit which was difficult to do but it was for the better.

Ever since then, I've noticed more and more negative thoughts that I can't get out of my head. I haven't had a meaningful conversation with anyone in years. I'll probably die alone with nogf.

How do I into Christianity user?

trips of truth

Post on Veeky Forums and masturbate. I always tell myself I'll deal with it by taking control and improving myself, but end up wallowing here instead.

WUUBBBA LUBBBAA DUUB DUUUBBB

Read the Bible, go to church, live your life in the way you know god would want you too. Pray for the wisdom to know the way, and the strength to carry on and you will be blessed with them.

Every church near me is a LGBTQ+ supporter and I'm hesitant to trust anything they say. Will I have to take the plunge and go full on orthodox?

It happens bro
We are here for you
IF you want to fit in you need to have strong opinions. Even if they are shit ones. They are the ones that cause people to talk.

>It's not that I don't have friends, but I get depressed and don't talk to them for weeks
Are you me? Why do I do this? I feel minimal motivation to make friends and maintaining existing relationships is tedious, but I know this is, at least partially, the reason for my loneliness and isolation.

Christianity is a good cope ngl, probably would have married a 16 y/o HQNP qt at 18 if I hadn't become an edgelord atheist lmao, instead I have my current life

Christianity is not the Christianity anymore. It hasn't any authenticity anymore. Jesus would be ashamed on those so called Christians saying they are followers of Jesus. Keeping changing the laws and doing unlawful things. If you want to be sincere, go on searching the real Truth, but its not the Christianity

By having balls.

Alcohol

I've tried drugs n shit, including crack
Nothing beats booze

Don't ask on facebook, wait through summer. in the meantime find other girls you actually know or randoms you can ask out for practice. If you end up not liking them dump them and just ask the other girl out. It is a good option because if she says no to you, you wouldn't be bothered seeing as you have other girls lined up

I love your post

>tfw have to put doggo to sleep today
Sigh

>Listen you normie faggot, not everyone can just be satisfied their entire life off by picking up heavy things.

Did you do anything to change it?

Ouch! All of that edge....

Listen to this:

youtu.be/0LXCqV1jBxc

Asking out via IM did seem weird to me, so I guess I'll wait. inb4 gets a bf by summer.

If you have feelings like that you have to act on it, it is your brain telling you something is wrong. Fix it.

be fat and miserable for a decade, move to a new city, and decide to get in shape, start browsing Veeky Forums

who cares? Post more ass