Teach me how to fight

hands up
feet shoulder width apart both ways
on your toes
chin down
power comes from feets leverage on the ground

Grappling: Judo, BJJ, Sambo, wrestling

Striking: Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Kyokushin Karate

A mix of at least one grappling art and one striking art will prepare you for most situations. I recommend grappling first, so you're not getting the brain cells beat out of you.

you know how to fight you just haven't fought yet. it will all make sense when you do... same as having the same insight as an expert when confronted with a political issue, or having an innovative solution to a problem that someone else also had separately... quit thinking and go fight someone

20% of your weight on your lead leg, the other 80% on your rear.
Lean into your power punches, and flick your jab like you're just trying to touch them.
Also make sure to ball your fists fucking tight or you'll break your hand

Kick
Punch
It's all in the mind!

>figuring out how to fight is the same as having similar insights to experts in politics or in general
what the fuck are you smoking? nobody figures out political or scientific insights by "quit thinking and go do it" fucking retard

>fucking retard

>pic not related

Do LOTS of press ups, pull ups, squats and sit ups.
Kickboxing and BJJ is best mix (not too over complicated and focuses on the essentials)
Practice sparring with someone regulary/weekly

Following this you will 95% be able to fight an untrained person unless they land a lucky hit

>20% front
>80% rear
The fuck? Genuine question, you train Muay Thai, or nothing at all?

Op, traditional boxing stance is 50/50 weight distribution, maybe 60/40 60 on the rear leg. Most martial arts follow something similar for balance, but sometimes kickboxing will take weight off the front leg for checking kicks.

Not that any of this will help you. Start a no bullshit martial art, learn that. Is a pretty good list of legit martial arts

He probs means 20% front 80% rear to use defensive stance as an initial base for someone in a fight who maybe never trained before. I dunno tho

BE like Water

Does stuff like mma, bjj etc belong to fit or sp?

This, intense body weight workouts are essential.

Out of all the other shit that gets posted with gay abandon on this \board, this is the thread you question? Omfg.

Not really. I'm genuinely asking cause I don't know

I would probably say fit for a more proper discussion. Sp is just filled with armchair watchers whereas fit is filled with do-ers

Go on /asp/'s /mag/ general. Veeky Forums doesn't know how to fight because a good amount of people here are insecure when people are good at something aside from lifting weights

it would belong on /asp/ i think, except you literally cant make a thread there that isnt WWE nobody will bump it

Shouldn't /plg/ also belong to asp ???

If you want to learn grappling and striking, is it better to do classes in both, or just train mma?

Not him, but train MMA. It's not enough to know grappling and striking if you don't know how to integrate them

Fuck off to thailand and do a muay thai camp, most train 2-3 hours In the morning 6am and night for another 2-3 hours, cheap as fuck lots of qts but look out for the traps, unless your into that shit.

>Go on /asp/'s /mag/ general