I am planning to edit my genes with CRISPR tecnology and insert the BHLHE41 mutation (that gene that make you need to...

i am planning to edit my genes with CRISPR tecnology and insert the BHLHE41 mutation (that gene that make you need to sleep less, like 5-6 hours)
will it interfere in my lifts?
how?
anyone here have that mutation here?

That's some Black Mirror level shit there

CRISPR only works before conception, by splicing the egg cell with a new gene, did you even listen in biology?

He can just BrundlePod® with someone who has the BHLHE41 mutation.

>CRISPR only works before conception
no, there already are threatments that "cure" genetic deseases

BTW if i change my genetics but it can change my body, my children will have my edited genetics

c-c-can I have the tall gene with this?

because those don't require rewriting entire genome, you just need some cells to produce whatever you were lacking

I'd love to get into this but I have no fucking idea where to begin. I don't understand any of this shit

just follow the sticky

yeah, but you wont grow anymore
No.
me too, i'm going to do this because there are plenty of research and information made simple
i'm want to edit almost everything

well if ur not willing to actually share some of your (obviously) vast amounts of intelligence, then i guess we'll just leave the thread to die

You sound like that guy in intro to genetics that never shuts up and argues with the professor but then gets a d in the class and doesn't ever take a course related to it again

ITT retarded op getting scammed

Wait a second dont you need to change like the dna of EVERY single cell in your body for this to work?

You can't.
This is only for creating children.
You can't alter youtself.

mostly
the DNA of every cell is changing everytime, and a little rare mutation leads to cancer so thats not a big deal

LOL
My cousin works with Crispr
Even if serious, You are taking a shot in the dark and could end up just killing yourself

any way to improve yourself is worth a shot when you have tfw no gf

Wrong
Cancer is a cell born with autism

I work with crispr in a lab setting. We do gene knockouts and insertions on mice. We're only really concerned with two specific genes related to prostate cancer. Let me tell you, it's a miracle if we can get 1% of our mice to accept both the knockout and the new gene. The technology isn't there yet. Crispr is revolutionary, but still not what we need

dude, I work in gene therapy. where's your proof? The most people have done is use lentivirus vector to write genes to kill cancer cells.

>it's a miracle if we can get 1% of our mice to accept both the knockout and the new gene
have you tried inyecting more shit?

That's not how it works, brainlet. If it doesn't take, we can't just try again. In order to study the effects, the mice need to accept it right off the bat as pups

>gene editing will not be around in my lifetime

TL;DR -
Your gene therapy won't work nearly as well as you think and most likely you'll just screw yourself up because molecular biology is a crapshoot.

ITT: No one understands how bio works and OP is a faggot. Only seems to understand, o7 fellow lab-rat.

Ex-lab rat here.

OP:
You would need to target almost every cell in your body that expresses that gene in order for this to even begin to work. This means you will need an immaculate delivery system, which we do not have. Then you would need for the gene to actually be altered, which has several hurdles within the cell. After all, you cells rely on random crap NOT being able to get into your nucleus and changing your genes. There is a multitude of cellular mechanisms in place to prevent this.

If you are smart, after years of working in lab and studying molecular biology at uni, you learn one thing: most molecular biology is a total crap-shoot, and there is nothing you can do about it.

i was so full of hope...

>we can't just try again
why?

Because you would fucking die. Your body would reject the cells like a transplanted organ and you would die from the immune response.

I can't wait for depurination and transcription errors to kill people like you.

what if i take immune suppresors?