/fast/ #78 - Fucking research and contribute edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS AND INSTEAD RESEARCH AND POST YOUR FINDINGS SO WE CAN HAVE AN ACTUAL DISCUSSION. FUCK.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is fasting so perfect bros?

>ultimate exercise in willpower
>extremely fast fat incineration
>your body enjoys sweet sweet fat on your belly
>leaving humanity behind

>If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
someone spoonfeed me a routine
is this correct
>monday to friday, one meal a day at 6pm (2000 cals which is my daily intake I think)
>weekend - no food just water

Yeah and on the weekends you can do the electrolyte spiked water mentioned. (4700 mg potassium + 2-3,000 mg salt per liter)

yes the fact that it is largely visceral fat almost gives me a sense of euphoria

last thread was called "Don't forget to do your compounds edition" but i thought we weren't supposed to do fuck all while fasting.

explain yourself.

best way to break a fast desu

ok i'll give it a whirl, why not
i'm not a Veeky Forumsizen by any stretch of the imagination but i'd like to lean out a bit so I look nice for summer, pls no bully

pic related is me and i've literally just bought a gym membership today

on your first fast or two (48 hours at least each time) it's generally good to just take it easy before you're fast adapted

there's a few precautions you should take exercising during a fast

>make sure it's exercise where you can rest significantly between sets
>ex maintenance lifting, rock climbing
>make sure you're getting 4700 mg of potassium & at least 2000 mg of salt per day (don't fucking pound this)

are your goals to be super thin? if so fast. however if you wanna be lean like bruce lee or brad pitt in troy you should eat and lift. then you can fast cut once you have a solid muscle base. people in these threads are typically either

>muscular builtfats
>obesefats

if you're skinnyfat and dont want to lift and instead go super twink mode go for it tho. just be careful not to cut down past 8%~

fuck that shit.

get skinny
get fucking skeleton mode

THEN go and get some muscles

I wanna get yuge eventually but as of now i'm pretty skinny fat so I figured fasting in the winter would help me look semi-decent in the summer, plus i'm doing nofap so it seems like a good way to fortify my will power in a roundabout way

breh you're gonna gain fat either way.
you should probably do 5:2 as detailed in the OP

>what is cleanbulk

>what is IF and OMAD

alright i'm starting tomorrow although I haven't had much to eat today, just two portions of home made ramen a few hours apart along with a LOT of tea as i'm half britbonger

>starting tomorrow

sure

ok im starting now
better?

So I can't gain muscle, but I can maintain it? What does my program look like?

I have my leg broken and I am not working out much other than dumbells at the moment, which is making me mad as fuck because I was bulking.
Obviously my bulk has been fucked, thus I might aswel go lean now.
I am at around 18% body fat, and I want to do a week long full on fast without food.
Where do I buy potassium and sodium, does baking soda work?

Better. Welcome to fasting!

How'd you break it m8?

local super markets should be fine. deeper into the fast you can down 4-6 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp + 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar for kidney benefits. the PH stabilization also conserves your muscle.

hi thread. i'm 5'6" 135lb female, ~6 months "resistance trained". before i started lifting i was always around 125lbs eating a healthy diet. just failed my first fast at the 19.5 hour mark so apparently i have zero discipline.

as i'm not hardcore obese or w/e and i don't want to lose any muscle, is fasting still my best option? i've been watching these dumb snake videos and i still feel really paranoid about losing all my gains. the people in these threads all seem like they're either obese, have never lifted, or have spent like 6+ years lifting and have made fit their new baseline. i'm i guess a skinnyfat girl who's made some recent gains.

if i lose months of progress doing this i will hate myself, and these nagging thoughts and worries make it that much harder to continue fasting.

Basically me and my friend got ridiculously drunk and started making out in front of a some girls to prove we were confident in our sexuality. Thing is, he wasn't confident and when we got back to mine he grabbed my dick and we ended up fighting.

He hit me with a golf club in the spur of the moment and it cracked like a glass hymen in an dropped into an egyptian prison. We're still friends though.

will eating in VR spike my insulin?

Go high protein OMAD or 5:2

based.

>..he grabbed my dick and we started fighting

kek

I want to do a 20-22 hour fast. From my research, the main way to use fasting is to use it to lower insulin levels which will promote fat loss by allowing lipolysis to occur. My problem is that I only really have access to high-carb foods (with moderate protein and fat). However from what I have found, blood sugar and insulin levels return to normal after 3 hours of eating most high-carb foods. Does this mean that a 20 hour fast for me, will have the same effects as a (20 - 3 = 17) hour fast for someone on a low carb diet? The logic being that I will have the same low insulin for 3 less hours than someone on a low-carb diet. If so, would that mean in order to achieve the 20 hour "sweet spot" of fasting, I need to push the length of my fasting window to 23 hours?

Also, I am 5'11'' and 200lbs (M), and have been doing cardio 4 times a week for the past couple weeks, if this is relevant.

This is bullshit, I did a 7 day waterfast with nothing but snake juice and did not lose any weight at all. Is this a fucking meme?

why don't you go to the shop and buy some better food

you can have 100g~ of carbs a day and sitll be in keto.
fuck off.

Assuming you aren't memeing, you must've put on an equal amount of weight in water to the amount of weight you lost in fat/muscle.

>20-22h fast

nigga pls

No, you fuck off instead. I refeeded on a watermelon and the next day I am back to where i started - 8lbs of water weight lost all came back . you misleading fags need to fuck off forever with this dumb cult diet.

Well for various life reasons I can't really cut out rices and pastas completely, I can some of it, but not all, especially if I have to eat enough so as to not have my caloric intake below my BMR, which I do not want to do because apparently that will just make my body lower my BMR, messing up my metabolism in the long run.

this is unironically what normies believe

you should see a doctor since your body apparently violates ever law of thermodynamics. but really, fuck off.

Well I can try to get to around that threshold, I just wondered if I could just compensate a high carb diet with just a longer fasting period.
I got the number from here: medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c

this is why I come here
no homo

go low carb high fat for a week or two
then cut out a meal , then another
from omad try to do a 48 hr fast.

one of coles "fasting coaches" lol is he on roids? how are his results so shit? i bet his endocrine system is fuckedu p. this is apparently a 30 day fast.

lol i love your pic.

and yeah. this seems like good advice.

neck yourself. I started at 190lbs went dow to 182 and now im back to 190lbs on just watermelon and some cherries

i wanted to believe you lying fucks but guess cant even do that when youre not shilling a product either

Who else is saunaing

All I'm really getting from this is you apparently ate 8 pounds of watermelon and cherries.

I'm 157 hours in and have been nauseous the past three days, vomited bile this morning. Does this mean I need to stop and start over after 'refeeding'? It's almost unbearable, I get shit all done all day and have trouble sleeping.

Yeah I'd refeed m8.

if there was ever a post to sum up Veeky Forums

Just finished my 2nd fast (114h) and refed last night at 6. Beef and veggies.

My keto stix were dark purple last night and this morning, but i just did one (26h later) and I pissed no ketones.

Did I accidentally have too many carbs last night somehow? I thought I was staying well under 20g...

>taking snake god out of the OP
He has actual video proof for people to see what a dry fast transformation looks like.
What about his videos do people dislike?

Trying to stay in ketosis out of a fast is a fucking meme. That said, it was probably the brotein that threw you out. Isn't it supposed to be 20% protein, 20% carbs, and 60% fat? imo it's better to just accept dropping ketosis in exchange for loading up on protein.

The shouting.

>the shouting
HOLEY FUCKING SHIT.
I hope this is just a random joke guess and not the actual reason.

>fucking research and contribute edition
From a few threads ago re: snake juice 4700mg potassium requirement. I was originally asking whether it was 4700mg of potassium chloride or chemical potassium itself.

>Did my own research and came up with the following:
>The 4700mg recommendation for chemical potassium (not potassium chloride which would be double) comes from the US which is much higher than basically everywhere else (WHO, UK, AUS). This is apparently due to it being adjusted for black men who are super salt resistant or something and murika is full of blacks. According to forum posts (nothing legitimate) the recommendation is widely panned as being entirely too unrealistic
>I went with the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council recommendation of 3800mg per day potassium for males and 2000mg of sodium from the same place.

>The lite-salt i bought is 27.6g potassium and 18.2g sodium per 100g, which comes out at 13-14g of it to meet the potassium requirement. Using this much overshoots the sodium requirement by 500mg. Since it's hot as fuck so I'm sweating and I also mixed it into 2.5L of water which is probably more water than I need (and therefore will piss out more sodium) I think that's OK.
>The 13g salt to 2.5L water ratio tastes pretty bad but is drinkable. I definitely see why he adds lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to add some taste

Snake man says just potassium in some videos but potassium chloride in other videos but seems to imply 4700mg of potassium chloride which isn't what the US 4700mg recommendation is for. Personally it discredits his advice a bit if he can't even get that right. But maybe he intentionally wants people to only get half of the 4700mg chemical potassium.

Also update on the 13g salt 2.5L water ratio. Getting used to it now and it almost kinda tastes like milk to me if I take decent gulps.

I'm not actually OP so I don't know the real reason. I don't particularly dislike the guy, and I realize he probably only started doing the meme shouting because he doesn't have a mic and was worried the camera wouldn't pick up what he was saying otherwise, but idk I just find it annoying. I feel like the camera would pick up what he's saying just fine even without the shouting.

Fucking soyboy

he realised namasensei was based and modelled his life off him

You need 100% of your potassium for the day.
It's on the back of potassium chloride how much you need to get that but it tends to be 1 tsp which matches what he recommends.
Also snake god says not to use vinegar or lemon juice anymore because it will fuck up your teeth since its acidic and you aren't eating to use the saliva to clean your mouth.

question

snake man says "do an initial 48/72 hour fast" does that imply that im supposed to break it after 48/72 hours even if i feel good enough to keep going? is it bad if i just go right from intermittent fasting to extended snake diet in one fell swoop?

what is snake juice and how do i make it

got rid of the fupa mate

In that same video he says if you can keep going then keep going.
He also says if you do break it then only take one meal and go back into another 48 or extended fast.

>get skinny
>get fucking skeleton mode
>THEN go and get some muscles
this is the only way

this is excellent progress you cuck

dont make it its absolutely disgusting. just put a tsp of nosalt in about 500m of water and take a gulp every 3-4 hours. for the sodium, get pink salt with a grinder and put a pinch or 2 under your tongue every 1.5-3 hours. this is what i do and its way easier to ingest this way than drinking the snake juice and it keeps me energized throughout the day

A 30 day fast would be greater than 30 pounds loss.
The picture seems more like a 2 week fast or even less.
I'm not the guy who posted that picture but I understand why he would be trashing it.
I'm not doing 30 days straight of fasting but I will probably lose way more weight once I hit 30 days of my personal fasting.

Dear Veeky Forums comrades please tell me where the fuck I can get potassium. thank you all kindly in advance

amazon. its called nosalt, they only had in in a 2pack iirc

thanks man im embarking on this latest meme from Veeky Forums ordered my nosalt from amazon

does he look like a fatass to you? the lower weight you are the less you'll lose in the same amount of time someone fatter than you will.\ this is so obvious

I agree, the snake juice is vomit inducing.

From food it would be nuts, meat, greek yogurt.
From supplements you only have nosalt because too much potassium will give you liver problems and just eating normal food gives you plenty of potassium.

grocery store in with the salt. called nosalt/litesalt or just look for things that look like they're labelled salt "substitutes." Check the label and make sure they contain lots of potassium. the one i got also contains lots of sodium so i dont need to add extra pink salt or anything

The more muscle you have the more fat you would burn since it takes more calories to maintain muscle compared to fat.
It doesn't get harder to go from 8% to 6% if you are fasting but it will get harder mentally because your body will force you to eat something by interrupting your sleep and day to day life.

be warned tho the potassium water will still make you gag most likely but its not as horrible as the full on snake juice and you dont need to drink it as much
its so fuckin bad, i tried it with cayenne pepper at first and thats even worse. poured both mixtures out, rest in piece 2 liters of evian aka about 15$

Yeah I'm not going to argue about something we have no way to prove since we aren't this guy.
Even twinks in this thread have reported losing a pound a day while fasting and even while doing OMAD.
You can choose what you want to believe but remember that you are way more likely to get irritated while fasting so you should avoid petty arguments like this if possible.

Nigga just go to GNC and ask for potassium.

At least I did that.

>Everyone says second day of dryfasting is fucking shit
>Second day of dry fasting
>Feel OK, just like if it was waterfasting

Now I'm worried something is happening to me.

It's everything alright with me?

No one says the second day of dry fasting is the hardest.
They all say the third day of dry fasting is the hardest.
The second day is when dry fasting usually begins if you are black dry fasting.

People also said the first day was the hardest for regular fasting, and for me that was the easiest. I don't think the differences mean anything.

Can i just drink 2L of water with 4 grams of salt a day and don't do exercise? Or may it kill me?

First day is the hardest because you JUST started and breaking it wouldn't make a difference, you can just restart. The easiest is when you're pretty much done with the 3rd day and stop caring

If you're not very active, don't need much salt anyway.

Ok since it's the third time it happened i think i might share this with you guys.

I've done 3 successful dry fasts that lasted more than 72h, and after finishing them i just drink liquids for an entire day.

Like half an hour after drinking (water, juice, coconut water) i take the ugliest solid shit ever followed by 2-3 liquid shits throughout the day. The smell is out of this world.

is this normal?

he looks exactly the same

Can i get low blood sugar/hypoglycemia from fasting for weeks on end if im not diabetic?

Anyone here kind enough to explain dry fasting to me? I watched the video in the last thread but it was just some retard screaming next to a whiteboard- not very informative.

So I stay away from all liquids for 72+ hours, Ok, but what about foods? Do I have to fast those as well for the 3 day period?

Thanks in advance

ow........
ma legs

>that catheter
>that dark ass piss

Jesus.

Long answer short the answer is no.

How long would he have to fast?

years, not even joking.

Have you tried listening to what the man was screaming? A ton of what the anons here know about dry fasting comes from being able to listen past it.

The longest fast was 380 days and he lost like 276 pounds.
But that wasn't a true fast as they still gave him some nutrition though IV.

i thought they only gave him multivitamins and allowed him to drink water, coffee and tea?

72hrs in I'm battling, I want some watermelon so bad. It's 120F atm...

look at gore