youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4
youtube.com/watch?v=iueeKs75ec8
youtube.com/watch?v=vUNI-G00p7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the goals for 2018 lads? Mine is
>Abs
>Adv tuck fl
>Full hs push up
>mad grip and finger strength (2 finger each hand pull ups etc)

Just lost my job, and will have to cancel my gym membership. Will I gain decent results doing this?

Get rings and be consistent and you can expect good gains.

Link me some rings brah. Any decent progression program you recommend? I'm pretty good at sticking with things.

Full HSPU
OAPU
Aerial cartwheel
Back handspring
Backflip

/ourguy/ is sipping

5 full ROM handstand push ups(already doing 3x3)
Full planche
Clean 90 degree push up
3x8 ring muscle ups(3x5 now)
Also need to get better at rings in general.

V-sits
Get as close as I can to a Full planche
Start training with rings soon

Why are these threads always about Olympic bullshit off season roiders instead of progress threads with anons thst do B.W??

Pic related some guy I found on YouTube with a similar before pic so it gives me hope and an idea of not being overweight looks like for my body type

Gaggi is true motivation

Looks like it's almost a requirement to be a manlet to do all that flashy shit.

t. 6'5''

T-this will totally be me when I can pull off my sick BW feats. Right guys?

Anyone can make excuses, but some people actually make it.

Should I do bodyweight everyday or three times a week?

Sorry friend I was sleeping. Any rings as long as they are wooden. I'd follow the reddit routine until you get to a good strength level. Then do lots of research and decide if you want to focus on strictly calisthenics movements or if you want to ad in skills like planche front lever etc. Start doing some mobility too like german hangs etc etc. Godspeeed my man.

It will take you longer certainly but it'll be qworth it my friend. From what I've seen, tall guys get shite all gains for the first year and a half or so of bw, then they fucking explode and get big.

Bump

>youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement
are you fucking kidding me with that shit, fuck this is wrong /bwg/ bro's, better ignore op

?
It's a channel with free info.

it's a channel with shit form examples, just use the old /bwg/ info if you want to start a new thread

Here's a classic video. It's good to be motivated on a personal level to achieve a better body and health, but seeing it implemented on a (albeit micro) societal level is extra-motivating:

youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M

Also, this guy's moves are impressive to watch, and he incorporates more rhythmic aspects to his strength feats for added entertainment:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZewGON5hJPk

What are you talking about? Calimove is one of the best channels for bw

w8, aerial and back handspring, those are interesting. I was thinking of training for an aerial a couple of months ago, but never got myself to start doing it. Felt too autistic going to the university gym to practice. Where are you gonna train it?

they got some good stuff for beginners, and a lot of useless videos.

What do you guys think of Chris Heria? I really like his physique.

I don't really know what I'm capable of this year if I keep going at this level, this is the first time I've truly devoted myself to working out and improving myself (been following a BW routine for about 4 months now)..

I would like to be able to do a freestanding handstand, ring L-sit dips, a V sit and the beginnings of a good planche maybe. Either way I'm gonna push as hard as I can every workout and keep progressing and whatever I get I get.

where are you at on your Planche journey

I've just started to change my 1 min plank core warmups to have more forward lean, increasing the lean each session. Doing the same for my RTO pushups. I plan on learning to do a crow stand as well.

realistically lose 25 lbs(i lost about 5 already just from leaving my old job a month ago, hardly any change in activity) and be able to do 5 pullups. when i was in good condition 4 years ago i could do 8 but now can't even do one proper one.

Such as?

we had this discussion ages ago on /bwg/ their first video on the channel that you see, is shit form push ups, which in turn discredits everything else on the channel

He's ok but I dont watch his videos because like Austin Dunham hes a vlogging faggot. I only watch fitness videos to learn something, not watch some guy buy groceries after having oatmeal for breakfast.

like it was said time and again, shit click bait titles, also the prison tats don't help

is that dan?

yeah definitely. As soon as possible. You don't need to spend too much time on crow. Maybe a week. You can probably do advanced frog already. After 2-4 weeks you'll be doing tuck planche. Just try them out. You have the strength for it.
4 months is way too much for plank. Now's the time -you get noob gains. Now you're supposed to make the fastest progress.

do extensors exercises and stretches to prevent forearm splints.

you mean this one? it seems like bretty gud form to me
youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4

>elbows flaring
>pretty gud

Its a video from 2012, they've changed a lot since then and their push up form is different now. I used to flare my elbows out too, doesn't mean everything I say is invalid because I didn't know better at one point.

Yes

>elbows flaring
wait flaring means pic related, right? At what moment in the video does he has his elbows to the side?

>yeah definitely. As soon as possible
Okay, next work is tomorrow so I'll get right on that. So is full planche a realistic goal for this year then?

>4 months is way too much for plank
I agree. I've been following the reddit BWF routine and the side planks fucking kill my arms towards the 1 minute mark. That's probably why I've not pushed my plank further in this time.

(straddle) planche, just started and can now hold tuck planche for some seconds, but still need to work on that.

Nice dude
using his planche tips to get my planche to work.

i know it will take months, but that's a goal this year.

You mean here, where they're explicitly telling you not to do it?

no, flairing means flairing
saying
>don't do X do Y
is worst advice, you are only supposed to say
>do Y

straddle planche is realistic

here's something that helped me. I couldn't go from tuck to adv tuck, but I could go from tuck to open adv tuck. At 2:20 the guy in the video shows it.
youtube.com/watch?v=iueeKs75ec8

Also I did tuck Planche with non-depressed scapulas which made me stall on tuck planche ( for about 3 months...) It's a common mistake.

are you telling me God gave us bad advice?

>but I could go from tuck to open adv tuck.

I meant to say
but I could go from advanced frog stand to open adv tuck planche

thanks breh. i will try that.

also a video i think could help is this here, where Nile Wilson explains some techniques that helped him achieve the planche.
youtube.com/watch?v=vUNI-G00p7g

we are all gonna make it

When he says "elbows flaring" he means further out than what allows vertical forearms. The reason you don't is because there is a specific upper arm position (about 45 degrees from the torso) that allows maximum range of motion in the shoulder.

yeh I've watched it. tyson is a funny guy and so is nile. I wonder how he's managed to lose all the gymnastic challenges so far.

nobody knows.

i have a problem with my right wrist, fucking hurts, even though i always warm up.
Nile gives a good advice to do the planche supinated. That works for my wrists, but still, fuck my wrist man...

What are your one rep maxes?

what caused the pain?

i did Muay Thai for several years and got injured.
injured my left foot and right hand. now i have to do something that isn't so taxing on my joints and wanted to do calisthenics, but it still goes to my wrist.

Smoke some pot and do Starting strength

yeah, but i don't want to go SS + GOMAD, i want to go CALISTHENICS + GOMAD.
maybe both, we'll see

you got permanent wrist damage from muay thai?

How the fuck do I progress my german hangs? Feels like my elbow will break if i stay too long, and this is on a basic progression.

no, i can do everything normal, but when i do pushups, planks and planche my wrists starts to hurt a bit.

One push up and one pull up
Do you do supinated or pronated grip?

lol you mean snap like how that girl snaps her knees doing leg presses? I used to get some discomfort because of tight biceps tendons but it lasted only about a week.

>doing gomad

You clearly misunderstood the matieral

What are your one rep maxes ?

some random stuff on youtube is now god? k then

One pull up
One dip
One leg raise
You mirin?

Ok but what are your one rep maxes ?

So I spent the last two months doing cardio.
Now I will start convict conditioning,
The reddit routine is not in because cc looks more my kind of thing because I don't have to go in search of a lot of equipment.
Any advice lads?

:^)

Yes, enjoy your fucked up
Shoulders

How can there be so many solid 7s in one crew?

Why ?

I just said it you idiot

I’m currently doing GSLP. Would I be able to achieve feats such as fl and planche if I train their progressions as assistance work or are they too hard/different to be treated as such and should be trained in their own right?

One pull up
One dip
One leg raise
One squat

Bodyweight
Bodyweight
Bodyweight

around june-july last year i started to train for a one arm chin up. I used added weight to train for it and got up to around 48kg x 5 added.
Got sick, stopped training for couple of months. December came around, mucking around with friends and managed 2 separate one arm chin ups with no training.
tried doing it again some days after... nope. so fucking sad.

What can I do to get my arms stronger for L-sits? I feel like my core is ready for more but my arms can't follow

If you have rings then just holding yourself in support for time or if you can get above a pull up bar holding yourself up in the position at the top of a muscle up.

If you can't do that pushups and dips would also help.

who?

Practice support on bars or rings, focus on locking out your arms and depressing your shoulder blades

managed to do 18 fully extended pull ups earlier. was pretty chuffed.

did a couple muscle-ups after a little break too.

Why does it matter that they are wooden?

Its easier to grip but i dont think it matters. I have plastic rings that work just fine.

Thanks. Seems like something that wouldn't be super important for someone like me just getting into this.

I do one leg deadlifts with a 10 pound kettlebell

Hamstrings so tight
How long would it take for me to stretch this out?

I ride a bike almos everyday

Anyone tried the GB stretch series? Really want to achieve middle and front splits but from what I’ve heard they’re pretty shit with no real cues.

Also any other good links to learning the splits fast?

Like 10 mins at most for just hammies

lol

What’s your one rep max

Like 2 maybe 3 bro

>and a lot of useless videos.
Welcome to youtube. Everyone has to upload useless and redundant videos if they want to stay relevant in search results. You don't have to watch all of them.

>>don't do X do Y
>is worst advice
No it's not, it allows people to recognise if they're not doing y properly thanks to having something to compare it to.

Are you talking about lifting rep maxes?

Ohp: 85kg
Bench: 130kg
Squat: 192.5kg
Dead: 245kg

This is a bodyweight only thread. He was clearly asking fornyour bodyweight one rep maxes.

Shoulder and biceps after planche specific workout

cc is taking D up the A

yea we have torrents for stretching, but this thread's op is a fag so
the GB stretching takes a long ass time, I only do select few stretches, do you want torrents for GB stretching?