Is a 1pl8 weighted pullup impressive?

is a 1pl8 weighted pullup impressive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y9i6es2l80c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Veeky Forums will say no, but yeah. It is.

for more than 5 reps its pretty impressive

It depends on you’re weight and sex. A 150 lb guy doing a 1 pl8 pull-up is less impressive than a 200 lb guy doing a no pl8 pull-up.

Nah. 2pl8 is when the heads start turning.

counting the bar?

For anyone below 80kgs bw is not impressive. If you are above 80kgs and can do 5 or more reps with it, you are stronger in this exercise than most lifters.

yes it is. most people on your gym can't do 10 pullups without weight
people always mire me with i do weighted pullups and dips, i'm at 1pl8 dip for 7 struggled reps and 7 pullups with 35lbs

I've always been shit at weighted pullups, but can bang out sets of 5 at 2pl8

checked and kekked

i can do 1x5 with 30kg and 5x5 with 25 at 65kg bodyweight(chin ups). Half a year ago i could barely do 5 normal chin ups, and ~9 months ago i couldn't even do one chin up
Honestly proper form is more impressive than weight pulled. I see so many guys in my gym barely using their lats by kipping or doing quarter reps, or both. Dead hang chin ups are harder but they yield better results

how? i can do 17 strict pullups without weight, and with 1pl8 i can do 4 or 5, how can you do sets of 5 with 2pl8 and suck ar bodyweight?

Got 30kg at 80kg bw today for 3 sets of 1. Tomorrow 32.5kg, let's see how that goes.
Also check symmetric strength OP.

my weight is 190 lbs and i can do 2.5 plates for 5 reps chin ups and pull up. So NO. 1pl8 pull up is not impressive cause i dont feel like i do something impressive after my 1pl8 warmup. If you can chin up you BW THAT is impressive !

total weight is what matters.
I'd say a total of 140 kg or so bodyweight is a good start, so 2pl8 for a 220 guy

1 rep with 2 plates is the impressive one.

I was able to do 110 lb for 2 reps, but that was about 2 months ago. School and research became too busy and wasn't able to make it to normal uni gym. Apartment gym has limited equipment so we'll see where I'm at this semester this week. Was doing 50 lb added for ~12 reps at the apartment though.

165 lb bodyweight, 5'11".

>smaller muscles pull 195
>larger muscles pull 200
>somehow the fat guy’s feat is impressive

>2
5 reps with 2 plates is getting there. Depends on bodyweight of course. Being 90kg and hitting a +40kg pull up for 5 reps is good.

Lol at guys thinking 1 plate is impressive.

I was doing 1pl8 pull ups x 8 at 65kg bw but had to stay away from the gym for 5 weeks

>tfw barely doing 3x8 with just bodyweight at 69kg now

feel like a weakling fat ass

Yeah it's very good. Most guys struggle with bodyweight Pullups. I remember when I struggled to do my very first chinup at 60kg bodyweight and here I am doing 1rm 33kg at 95kg bodyweight

*Pullups now of course.

>200lbs
>fat
are you a woman?

he uses momentum.

manleta confirmed

Kipping= Not a pull-up
Quarter rep= Not a pull-up
Full hang to chin above the bar is 1 rep. Nothing else counts.

Weighted chins and dips are among my favorites, at 1pl chin and 2pl dip 4-7 reps x 4-5. Love how they feel. I also do full range of motion, from dangling to touching bar with shoulders. 80 Kg manlet 5'11

Fucking retard

Kek

i can do 13 pullups, havent tried weighted because i can never find a belt to put the plate in. You think i can pull of some reps with 1 plate? i weigh almost 80kg

he's right though
anything else is just manlet cope

Where is the weight?

I would say you can do 3

Not it's not very good. Untrained guys also struggle with 1plate bench.

Your standards are pathetic

What are good standards for weighted pull ups, chin ups or dips? Is 1pl8 good? I can chin up 1pl8 at 160 and do dips on rings with a 35lbs

idiot elitism;
dead hang is very bad for your back. never do it, especially not with weight.

as said, the range of 260-300 lbs is probably good. So for you at 160 that would be a chinup with around 3pl8

How many pl8 is a 1pl8 pullup?
Is it 1pl8 or is 2pl8 like with barbells?

What would you recommend as the bottom of the rep? Stop just short of dead hang? Or what?

>bigger guy is pulling more weight and isn't a manlet
>more ROM = more difficult

source:my ass

>+50 lbs weighted pullup incl belt/chain etc.
Yes, that's very impressive for most people in the western population. But they won't realize it until they try it. Most people think they can do a pullup, but they can't. (Unless they're teenagers since strength2weight ratio is still great at that age.)

Then there are always people in various gymnastic sports that can do feats of strength in that area that no regular powerlifter can ever beat (due to lack of specialized training).

Remember checking Patrick Edlingers big book on rock climbing where he can be seen doing a one-arm pullup with 1 plate.
Looking through the metrics tables (strength/agility/balance) for various difficulty levels of climbing in that book, doing a pullup with +50 lbs wasn't very impressive, but it actually correlated decently to the performance on the wall.

Explain yourself pleb.

misinformation, i wonder where i heard that.
youtu.be/y9i6es2l80c
do dead hangs guys

shit video

lol cuck

I can do 3 reps of 27.5kg weighted pull ups at 210lbs 13% body fat. Does this make me good then?

t. Fatfuck

I'm 205 and just rep pull ups until failure. I don't get the point of being that retard with the belt and plate attached to you.

>smaller muscles pull 195

150 + 35 is 185 mathlet

>200... fat

leI, guess you’re not a man.

yes keep going bro

>too embarassed to increase weight on an exercise
Pathetic, bro

correct.
i've done 50lbs for reps and i'm a huge pussy

I can do 12 with a plate on rings from a dead hang and it definitely gets looks.

Doing it for a single rep isn't all that impressive but for a long set it is.

2 pl8 is serious looks.

Can't do three but that's legit local legend status.

For a 1pl8 weighted pull up, you would need to hang three plates right?

Nah it's literally one plate in this context

lmao2pl8 is considered very impressive by normie standards.

Why tf did this made me laugh so much..

You're basically training for pull up cardio, while the user you replied to probably trains for strength.

>anything above 12 reps is automatically cardio btw.

I can do that for 5 reps. Nice.

A bench isn't a pull up you idiot.

Dead hang is bad for some people's shoulders. It's actually great for decompressing the spine though.

>I'm 205 and just rep squats until failure I don't get the point of being that retard with a barbell on your back.

>I'm 205 and just rep arm raises while laying on a bench until failure I don't get the point of being that retard with a barbell in my hands.

I'm generally weak in all other lifts and I can do 40 kgs for 3x5 (1.83 81kgs).

I feel pullups are really easy to progress on since back recovers really fast and pushing yourself frequently is easy compared to doing legs for example.

got destroyed

3 plates is pretty impressive

What's the Veeky Forums way to do assisted pull ups?

>plates are 35 pounds
Welcome to the world of fitness moron

it's only bad if your shoulders are fucked beyond belief already.

The best way is to get a resistance band to do them. You get full ROM, they help more at the bottom and less at the top.
Pull up negatives are also good.
Or you can use a pull up assistance machine if your gym has one.
Otherwise just work up doing lat pull downs

That's not me, some picture saved from Veeky Forums

Yes it is you complete faggot. An average person barely manages a half bad pullup and doing them with good form for reps at 20kg extra is good.

But come on tell me how much you weight and do for your own working sets you complete utter faggot lets see

I've been lifting for four years and I max at 2 pulls ups with 95lbs on my belt at a body weight of 175lbs.
I have never once seen anyone in my gym do pull-ups with more than a single 45lbs plate tied to them.
All these faggot saying "lol yeah two plate is getting there but hardly impressive" are estatting, new years resolutioners

I weigh 195lbs, took me a little over 3 years to get up to my current weight at +100lbs for 3 reps (when I get to 5 reps full ROM I increase). I just grab a dumbbell to do it, pisses off the fat lifters, also people walk by and stop to watch me.

No, middle school girls can do this OP its not impressive.

I started doing weighted pullups and about a month in I started having bicep tendonitis. anyone had that experience too? I'm 1,75 at 70kg and did 3 sets of 10 (proper) pullups with 20-25kg. I usually do 20 proper pullups so I started with a weight that I am comfortable with but now that I am fully healed again, I am kind of scared to try again due to thinking that I did something wrong (even though I am very strict with my form during pullups)

But it's less of a strength thing, and more of a "my muscles don't know how to efficient do this" right?

My experience was jumping from 0 pull-ups to 4-5 once my body "figured out" how to do it.

people in my gym mire when i do 45 lb weighted for reps.
Though i go to a commercial gym so no one does weighted pull ups let alone full rom ones. Also i weigh 230 so

Can confirm. I banged out 4 with 2 plates and a couple just stood there watching me.

>1pl8 = 35lb
feelin Veeky Forums, buddy?

A 200 pound guy that can only do one pullup is an untrained beta male sweaty cheeto eating gamer. And somehow that specimen doing a pullup is more impressive than someone pulling an entire plate? You are fucked in the head buddy.

Manlet detected

/thread

dumb manlet

link??

hownew.ru

I own that belt in the op. It’s a good weight belt. I’m 240 and can do 1 plate for 3-4 pull-ups and easy 10 dips with 1 plate.

symmetrical strength

just started lurking this board new. I want to learn the way of the Veeky Forumsizen

You dumb? The 150 pounder would have similar strength to the 200 pounder but way less bodyfat

that doesn't work. plus looks suspicious.

>5'6"
>140 lbs
>can do three 45 lb weighted wide grip pull up

feels good

similar stats to me
im at 47.5 lbs for dips 3x8, and 35 lbs chin ups 3x4(trying to get to 5 before i increase weight)

you're retarded

sorry user, but the new strong is bloat lord status. Unless you weigh 350 just give up and realize your forever a fragile twink that should be lifting with the girls.

You're either a dumbass or a master baiter

Depending on form and speed my pull ups range from 12 to 20+ lol.

If I am just trying to get up, I can bang 5-6 reps with 30 kg. If I am focusing on pulling shoulder blades down/back and really focusing on getting up with the lats with a slight pause at the top, I can barely do 12 without weight.

>in the scenario presented, the variables mentioned arent the only variables in play
height disparity would be important to mention, and since it wasnt, it should be assumed there was no height disparity

That’s before they create the hole.

I tought the disk was a giant horsecock sticking out his shorts.