How many calories do I burn walking? I can't get a consistent number, it's driving me crazy

How many calories do I burn walking? I can't get a consistent number, it's driving me crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1350891527
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how fast do you walk
how many minutes
are you walking on an inclined terrain

Some

BPM?

Anywhere from 3.5-5km/h
60-180min
Mostly flat

your bodyweight for every kilometer is what I heard

About 110 calories per mile give or take

0..if you see so fat you are trying to include walking towards your deficit you should mark it zero

>60 min.

should be around 200-250 kcal

If you are trying to lose weight, don't even bother factoring them into your "allowance". If you go for a brisk walk for 30-60 mins, yeah you'll burn 2-300 kcals supposedly, but I was trying to cut and factoring in my walking calories to what I could eat and I was still gaining.

I'm on my feet walking quite a bit for work, like over 5 miles a day. In my experience, it was easier to adjust my caloric intake excluding the walking and just factor that in as a bonus

I have around 15lbs to lose until summer, faggot. And fat people should definitely be calculating their walking towards their defecits.

>how fast do you walk
4.0 - 4.2
>how many minutes
60 + 5 minute cool down
>are you walking on an inclined terrain
Incline 9.0

Typically burns between 680 - 710

I don't really allow myself to eat more because of the walking, I eat slightly above my BMR. I just want to know if my walking is theoretically making a big enough dent for me to be done in time.

less than you think, eat less fatty

Keep telling yourself that tubby.. you'll never be one of the pretty girls with that attitude.

Use this calc, OP:
> keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1350891527

It's also great for calculating most activities, since there's a good reference for METs per activity, and the calculator takes your BMR into account.

that's so cute
that's less than what i burn in my warmup.

Stop projecting, you fucking hambeast.
Thank you, that was really helpful.

I don't know, it never added it right, no matter what I used to calculate it. Just do it because it's better than sitting on your ass, but don't try to factor it in to anything.

Walking is a maintenance activity, actual cardio is for fat burning.

guys the exrx calc is saying i burn 97 calories lying down

is it telling me my bmr or is it bull?

That's neat. I have no idea how fast I walk though.

next time you walk somewhere take note of the time and get the distance from google map

Next time you're going to the store, check how long it is on google maps and time yourself

omfg howd we submit that at the same time

So basically 0

If ever walk as an "exercise", it's autistic toe walking to give my calves just something extra after doing a real workout, and after real cardio like besting my mile run time. It's like a cool down that is partially more challenging.

Calories burned while walking depends on the following things.

>body-weight
>distance
>pace
>ascent
>descent
>cadence
>wind
>humidity
>temperature

Pic related is an example of a 1hour 2min 14 sec walk I did the other day.

It was 324 calories.

-88kg Body-weight
-5.34km Distance
-11:39/km Pace
-0 Ascent
-0 Descent
-13 km/h S Wind
-73% Humidity
-17 Degrees Celsius

If you walked 2.5 miles / day in a month, you'd lose over 2lbs extra from just taking a fucking walk instead of taking the bus or driving. It's stupidly easy to incorporate into your life when you're cutting, feels like you're doing nothing at all but the results come with time.

2x that and your tdee is suitable to be able to eat more like a human being

Not enough

What is this autism user? Are you german?

>weight in calories
Ok

No im Greek

will anyone ever sauce me on this bitch?

I average around 6.5 miles a day on average, and my ghetto math figures that's around the caloric equivalent of 3.5# a month or so. So if yours was similiar, you'd have lost 14 lb's by May, give or take. So, yes you could be done in time simply walking every day, but it'd be easier and faster to be stringent with your diet and add in some basic cardio or strength exercises

>resexual
the fuck

who are you trying to impress

Anytime I see “re” with any amount of E’s, I think of Pepe. Veeky Forums ruined my mind.

>Veeky Forums ruined my mind
its only fair, since redditors like you ruined Veeky Forums

>impress
what

About 100 kcals per mile, more or less. Same as running.

>watching tennis on the treadmill
absolutely based

That's pool I think