Zink overdose

I just took 60mg zinc - six TIMES the recommended dosage - because yolo.
How fucked am I?
I will keep you posted for any possible effects.

What kind of zinc? I take 100mg of Zinc gluconate everyday and i haven't noticed anything but bigger loads and slightly deeper voice.

I take 50mg everyday and the only "negative side effect" is annoyingly hard and persistent boners

Zinc citrate.
100mg zinc and you're feeling just fine? Wtf? That's exactly at the upper limit. You haven't been getting the runs, or vomited? I started having side effects at just 30mg.

wtf I've been taking zinc picolinate. 50 mg every day with 2 mg copper. whats the difference?

>You haven't been getting the runs, or vomited? I started having side effects at just 30mg
None but it really makes your libido to skyrocket, i wake up with a raging boner every single morning. This might be a longshot, but i've become kind of a dick in the last few months, doubt it has something to do with zinc but many people say ZMA makes them more agressive and stuff.

I take 100mg/day of Zinc Gluconate and only really notice MASSIVE LOADS. I guess its probably helping with the Testosterone too though.

>Signs of acute zinc toxicity are abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Single doses of 225 to 450 mg of zinc usually induce vomiting. Mildergastrointestinaldistress has been reported at doses of 50 to 150 mg/day of supplemental zinc.
Rumblies in your tummy for a day or less, followed by literally nothing.

Wow, taking 30 mg makes me feel nauseous,you have my sympathies

It's okay, I'm not trying to be a victim. I'm just curious to see what happens. I know that it's pretty safe to "overdose" (used loosely) on zinc. There are worse things to overdose on.

Yeah, like marihuana

Well, I hate to disappoint you guys, but I'm feeling just fine, at least at the moment, and I'm going to bed now. I chased the zinc down with big chunks of meat, to really build up pressure, but no vomiting.

Overdosing on zinc causes prostate 'stones'. I forgot the medical term. Its kinda like kidney stones except instead of coming out when you pee, they come out without precviouvious symptoms when you ejaculate, and they're much more painful

I've never heard of such a thing. What I'm reading, though, is that higher doses (still under 100mg) shrinks a swollen prostate, and prevents prostate cancer.

oh shit, i take 40mg of zinc a day. it's true, upper limit of rda is about 15-25mg. should i cut back a bit? i thought i was on the safe as i hear lots of people take 50+mg a day.

Unless you like your skin turning blue

Should I get some zinc supps even though I eat a lot of nuts/pumpkin seeds daily which are supposedly high in zinc?

almsot any form of zinc 10-15 mg a day (citrate for example) is fine to keep your immune system in check, and also to help with skin. Works for others, not for everyone.

FOr acute common cold treatment, aka the flu, take an acetate or gluconate form zinc in lozange form 10-15mg every few hours, untill the total daily dosage is around 70-80 mg. Do this for three days then cut it.

Those two are the only 2 ways of taking zinc if you ask me t. pharmacist

why take copper with zinc?

Long and big enough doses of zinc cause copper defiency. Now that people buy and take more zinc, copper defiency related medical problems are on the rise. Pancytopenia being one of them, for example. Not good!

so 1mg copper per 25mg zinc is enough to offset those problems? Thanks buddy.

Good question about whether or not that is a good copper dose, Im not sure. Sounds reasonable. Most people only eat zinc during flu season and then the overall dose is quite small as it's only some days, so they dont have to worry about copper at all. The ones taking it continuously are the ones who might benefit from a copper supplement. Some of the products sell the two together.

The secret is, that RDAs aren't set for us. It's set for, and by, moral men who don't lift. It's often set BELOW even the EFFECTIVE dose.
The real upper limit for zinc, is 100mg. Learn how much you can take on your own (THROUGH READING META STUDIES, NOT EXPERIMENTING, OR YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY DIE FROM SHIT) and don't trust the RDA.

*mortal