FITNESS TRACKER BREAD

do any of you nogs use one?

got any you could recommend?

i used to have a very early fitbit but the plastic was shite and the bands just fell apart beyond repair.

but i did like being autismo and tracking my calories burned vs calories ate so i might be on the market for a new one. i dont particularly care about getting text/call notifications, the screen doesn't have to be amazing or anything. i'd just like a heartrate monitor, accuracy, and an intuitive interface/app combo

>fitness tracker general. i know at least a few of you got one for christmas

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B075K7CYX3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Got a Biostrap the other week, was originally called amiigo till they got acquired.

Haven't had it for long enough to give a full review but it's been decent so far. Big selling points for me was that it can recognise and track all the lifts /cardio I do and the sensor is apparently pretty rinky dink for accurately tracking heart health.

The charge 2 is more than enough for your needs and they have improved the band quite a bit.
As always keep in mind that even the best trackers are 10-15% off

I use the Garmin Vivoactive HR+, good battery life, decent smartphone integration and does what it's supposed to. How accurate is it? Probably not better or worse than any other out there, that's to say they're all pretty shit.

I use Mi Band 2, you can get it for 20$ on AliExpress for example. Picrel

What features do you use it for?

i use a notepad and a pen

Charge 2. The stair climbing thing is completely broken, stopwatch is annoying but everything else is fine.

I'm fine with my Miband 2.

>optical heart rate sensors for lifting weights
come on lads you're better than that
I'm getting the beast sensor and a seperate heart rate monitor

I have a Garmin Vivosport and I love it.

GPS, heart rate monitor, sleep tracker, and a very good interface.

is it just a glorified pedometer?

So-called 'fitness trackers' are garbage. All they 'track' is your movements and activities to be collected by the manufacturer and sold to marketers who use it to target ads at you, and maybe to governments.

99% of anyone on Veeky Forums does not even need a heart rate monitor. All you guys do is lift weights and HR is useless for that.

Furthermore NONE of these devices can accurately track calories burned. It's flat-out impossible. It's a vague guess at best, a range, and they're giving you the high end of the 'estimated range' to keep you motivated.

The only devices that can tell you with any accuracy what you're burning are called 'ergometers', things like rowing machines, and the instrumented cranksets, pedals, and PowerTap rear hubs for bicycles. They do this by measuring torque over time, which is power, measures kilojoules, which can be converted to kilocalories. People are about 25% efficient, so kilojoules roughly equals kilocalories burned. But you see there's even a 'range' involved in that because not everyone is the same metabolic efficiency.

Forget so-called 'fitness trackers', they're a useless 'feel-good' product that gives you no useful information.

If you are a runner get a real heartrate monitor with a chest strap. Otherwise don't bother.

This.
Estimate calories with a .xls if you are autistic enough or just train and buy a digital sphygmomanometer to measure after exercise and at rest if you really care that much

These things are inaccurate as fuck. You need computer chips implanted throughout your body to accurately measure your fitness/activity digitally

Fitbit charge 2

Works a lot better than I thought. Really enjoy it. We look to upgrade probably end of year near Christmas for new models. Fitbit brand or something else.

It ballparks for you if you are new to caloric tracking. Obviously you can use this tracked data with your own measured intake and a running record of weight change to determine how accurate it is.

They are still helpful

People shit talking trackers probably haven't tried one.

I got Fitbit as a gift. Didn't think I'd find it useful.

Really like it. Check it multiple times throughout the day.
Look at my sleep length and quality
Look at resting heartrate throughout day and track over months
Look at today's steps, compare against my average and adjust lifestyle

Really nice.

Counting burned calories when working out. I also use it as a watch.

This, they're almost completely useless for most sports. The one expection I could see it for is running.

>Look at my sleep length and quality
Random estimation
>Look at resting heartrate throughout day and track over months
for what purpose?
Best feature and the reason I will buy one is for the vibration alarm clock and notifications.

Hipster faggot

things are garbage

most inaccurate calorie trackers and heart rate monitors ever

What is the cheapest option if all I care about is a stopwatch function to keep track of resting time between sets? I have the xiaomi mi band 2, but it can't in any way show seconds which is just dumb. There is a way to i.e. double tap to set a timer for 30secs and it will vibrate when done, but I can only define one timer. I'd have to do a bunch of shit to change it to 1min for example, which gets really annoying

Gf has a fitbit that does it nicely, but I'm not looking to spend so much on a simple stopwatch

If you are actually trying to get fit like for running or cycling then yeah a tracker is ok but if you are trying to get muscular fit then the mirror should be the only fitness tracker you need.

Why don’t you just use the stop watch on your phone

I don't want to pull my phone out after every set. Using a stopwatch on my wrist would be perfect since it is convenient to check. I'm used to putting my phone on the ground or on some safe surface nearby and only touching it to change the music track once in a while

Anyone know a cheap pair for pic related? I just want to see my heart rate while I do cardio. I read the article on t-nation somebody posted heart rate that got me fired up.

Get a cheapo casio

amazon.com/gp/product/B075K7CYX3

Bought/Have this
Garbage
Absolute garbage

Good thing I got it during black friday for cheaper
$31 is a lot for an inaccurate piece of shit

Do the casio terrorist watches have a stopwatch function?

Yeah

Alright cool, thanks. I actually wanted a casio terrorist watch for everyday use anyway, this just makes it a lot better

Is it accurate?

>accurate
>$20
kek
just read the reviews

if you're retarded you'd be happy with it
but there's a reason why people are paying $120+ for a fitbit instead

Garmin is top tier if you do running or biking to any degree. They have a great battery that I don't have to charge that often.

I checked once using a mi band 2 and a fitbit(not sure which) both on the same hand. The difference was always no more than 2bpm, so it's good enough for the price. There is also a third-party app that adds a lot of functionality for the mi band, but it's 5$ extra for the paid version. The mi band is good for trying out if fitness tracker is a thing that you need. I stopped using mine after 2 or 3 months since I wasn't really using much of what it offers

>freckles on arms

nice lie
you wouldn't have a mi band if you owned a fitbit

>hurr let me buy this $20-30 garbo while I have the exact same thing that cost way more by a real company

I don't own it, It's my gf's fitbit. I bought a mi band to try using a fitness tracker for a while. I expected a shitty experience with this one, but it was better than I expected. Still not good enough for me to get into fitness trackers tho

Why so triggered?

Yes goy, wear your "fitness tracker" like a good rat