/fat/ - Running Out of Images Edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor
researchgate.net/publication/15701207_A_Satiety_Index_of_common_foods
nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/apnm-2014-0549#/doi/abs/10.1139/apnm-2014-0549
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw ate a whole pizza and a pack of ribs yesterday
>not eating anything today to compensate

>how to not make it in 1 easy step

hey now i had eaten good for 2 months before that

>lost 4.8lbs this week

Feels really nice, I was starting to get discouraged because I had such a shitty few weeks and wasn’t seeing much progress. I can’t wait to be a normal person.

Only 3 months/ 11 weeks and I the curse of the skinny fat should be lifted from me, I rather am skinny and weak than fat and weak.
I also have lost 6 kg of fat, how much have you guys lost so far?

These are awesome.
That thing weighs like a kilo, takes an hour to peel and eat and is under 250 calories. You won't stuff yourself full with it, but by the time you are done with it you forget you were hungry/craving.

Lost 40 pounds at 5'11". Still have 20 more before I'm in normal BMI and then 10-15 more until abs. Biting the goals off at a chunk at a time day by day putting in the effort. Time to lift.

Wish I had a weighting scale. I'm really embarrassed to go buy one. Also I'd have to hide it from my family because I don't want them to know I've been trying to lose weight. Wish I know if I've lost any.

Hit the first 10 pounds this morning after starting keto a week ago

5 pounds of that was water, but 2.3 is fat

>tfw 5’0 womanlet
>TDEE at my goal weight to maintain is around 1300

Feels kinda bad. Pretty much what I’m eating now to lose steadily, so I’ll just have to up my activity levels even more which is fine I guess. No real wonder why I put so much weight on, though- have to come to terms with the fact that I can’t eat as much as everyone else.

You might want to consider a lower carb diet. The satiating effect of fat would help stretch those calories a little further

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What kind of running program would you guys suggest for fat lost? I really need to start doing regular cardio

And why not just do other non-caloric drugs instead?

can you are knees take running

what's your bmi?

Whichever one you'll stick to that keeps your heart rate up for extended periods of time. I'm a fan of the "run on the treadmill until you can't" program and then upping time/speed/elevation each time. Or jogging on a path with some nice elevation changes

If you're very overweight, you'll need to either use an elliptical or stick to brisk walks to protect your joints.

>program

Just go run you fat nigger.
When I got started I couldn't go half a mile before having to turn around and walk home.
Three months later I was running 3 miles out and back 5 times a week.

And you know why?
Because I was autistic as fuck and didn't let anything stop me.

Dealing with people who do drugs is like scraping my dick across glass, literally the most vacant and useless people I have ever met.
Drives me up the wall just knowing people that unmotivated exist.

>took a week break of my diet last week after a year of effort
>started eating clean again
>missed the healthy food but also miss the taste of shit food

I really gotta hang in there if I want to make it, about 10 pound left until I have in a healthy bmi

No running for you then unless you want your knees to explode.

Stop spreading lies and misinformation.
Fat is the most calorically dense most easily stored and least satiating per calorie macro.
There is not a single study to confirm the myths you keep parroting, in reality they show the exact opposite.

>Dealing with people who do drugs is like scraping my dick across glass

Says the guy doing drugs

I think you're generalizing too much here. There are responsible recreational drug users and just because society romanticizes cigarettes and alcohol doesn't mean they're any less of a narcotic than others.

Not even the guy you're talking to, but keep your bro science to yourself or start posting some scholarly articles to support your graphs.

>muh semantics
I know you know what I meant, why don't you go correct someone's grammar somewhere.

Yeah I know plenty of them myself, my best friend used to be a hard drug user, but currently just smokes pot/drinks.

Hell a lot of my friends have that background.
They'd be better off without a crutch though.

If you're obese, you're gonna cause permanent damage to your joints by running/jogging/treadmill. You should be using an elliptical or look into low impact shit like swimming. Also going for walks (not fucking running).

>grammar

I was not fixing grammar you autist

You are doing a psychoactive substance and are moralizing others for using psychoactive substances, you're pretty pathetic. Keep putting chemicals in your body buddy

It is (or should be) common knowledge you deluded fatfuck.

nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor
researchgate.net/publication/15701207_A_Satiety_Index_of_common_foods

>implying that high protein/fat diets don't have better long-term results

Fuck off

nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/apnm-2014-0549#/doi/abs/10.1139/apnm-2014-0549

You’re right desu, I should definitely try to go for more satiating foods. I was a volume/binge eater for years so I just have to learn to realise when I’m not hungry, even when I’ve lost a good amount of weight so far I feel like i’ll have that nagging urge forever.

I’ve found that strictly restricting when I eat and in what volume in terms of calories has worked really well for me, and I’m happy to keep that up for the rest of my life because having a schedule for such things is calming. Nothing off limits, but controlling how much of each food has worked well.

My diet is probably 40% carbs, 30% fats and 20% protein at the moment, which seems to naturally follow my preferences. I just really love bread, man.

> All five diets were designed to have a moderate fat content (25 to 30% of total energy consumed) with no restrictions on energy intake (i.e., ad libitum diets), in order to test the ability of the diets to regulate appetite and body weight.

So you just pulled the high-fat part out of your ass. What the study showed is that high protein diets with low GLYCEMIC INDEX foods are the most satiating which doesn't contradict what I said in any way.

Congrats, user! Keep up the good work

Decided to give up bread completely. Should this make a big difference in weight loss? So far today I've eat weetabix and some apple and a mandarin

very true

>weetabix

You're better off with bread.

drunk user missed his aim

I lost 16 kg in 10 weeks. Will deficit that hight kill me if i'm going for 10 kg more?

Is your BMI in the teens?

Try to find something low in grains to cut calories. The fruits are good but get some veggies in too. Think about having a chicken salad for dinner.

Lose weight first or you risk fucking up your joints and tendons doing that.

When will /fat/ convert to /fast/?

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

I'm down to 282 from 325 but my knees are starting to feel the pain. Is this permanent or can I work through it and it'll get better as I lose the weight? Doctor just says "lul git smol fatty" so no help there

I ate chocolate :(

Last time I slipped I ran until I started to cry. I have an app on my phone linked to my scale that says 8 years are being taken from my life because I did shit like that on the regular.

I'm also 151 cm/ 5'0
I really should be 45 kg, but I'm 61 kg now
My belly is the worst
I try to eat 1200-1700 calories, but 1500 calories would be perfect

I ate bread and chocolate everyday and still lose fat
So don't torture yourself

*eat

Try making everything from scratch. I stay around 1350 a day by just cooking at home. Had a huge plate of spinach, lamb, cottage cheese and a tbs of balsamic. Was cash and only around 500 kcal. Do you have a food scale?

Take a break from punishing your knees to let them heal and just eat less. You'll lose weight just eating less just not as quickly as permanently disabling yourself with cardio. The trade off is that you'll keep it off and still be able to walk without a motorscooter.

who ///impatient/// here?

i’ve been going to the gym every day for two weeks and busting my ass on the bike, 400+ calories each time and weight lifting so i don’t look like shit when i’m done. i want progress god damn it!!!

how to manage impatience?

Progress pictures, join a social group. I have a group a friends all linked to Myfitnesspal and it helps keep the hype going on slow weeks. Progress pics help because you can go through them when you get restless

nah my bmi is 26 but i passed out 2 times now.

Nothing wrong with eating chocolate. A candy bar is only 200-250 calories, you could easily eat that and just not eat as much lunch or dinner, or eat it and just be over your daily by 200. Just don't make a habit of it.

And a chocolate bar is probably better for you than eating pizza or hamburgers and fries.

>tfw fat melting off
>tfw getting notices now
i'm gonna make it brahs

No, but I will buy a food scale soon
I usually walk and dance
I don't like running, it's embarassing for me
In November I was 64-65 kg, I lost some fat now, it's slow, but better than nothing
I'm hoping that I have a summer body til summer, we are going to cuba maybe

You can get a great scale off Amazon for like 15 bucks

>cheat because I don't eat enough
>day after cheating fast for the entire day
>day after that go back to eating 1000 or less calories a day until I cheat again

It's a vicious cycle that I cannot break.

Joined a weight loss challenge at work to help motivate me to get back into the gym. Got weighed in at 157, gonna get weighed again on the 8th of next month. Give me tips /fat/, I want that pot o cash

are you a female

If it makes a difference, then yes

If you are obese fat then you shouldn't be running. Swim or use a bike until you lose a good bit or you will destroy your joints

eat below maintance, do cardio and work out
>mfw thinking of you hurting

How tall are you?

Soooo should I just lift weights instead since im too fat for running apparently?

Stop cheating, and if you do, just write the day off as a setback and start counting again the next day. We are only human and can't be perfect every day, and if you try, you won't make it.

Stop being a fuckwit, live with your choices and try harder the next day. Yoyoing isn't a sustainable lifestyle change, which is what weight loss is.

fuck also what age
fuck no, just use a bike

5'7
Yes, I planned on doing this. Gonna do IF as well.

Prepare to be beaten by some tryhard fuckface who drank 4 gallons of water a day for a week before getting weighed in.

Don't own a bike and im too poor to buy one, so it looks like im gonna be using an elliptical

>cutting all the white stuff away where all the vitamins are
mah boi

I'm not cheating every other day or something. Maybe once every 2-4 weeks I'll binge pretty hard.

Lift weights anyways. Thank me later.

Alright, elliptical every other day and lift weights on the days I don't do cardio. Got it.

My cheat was a bag of chocolate and peppermint pretzels.... It was my first cheat in 3 months and it felt GOOD. Only because I knew eating like that was everyday. I got sick from it

Tdee is over 4k with the excersize I do, stick to

>don't want them to know I've been trying to lose weigh
I hate this. I don't get it all but I find it really embarrassing for people to know I've been exercising or watching my calories. I always have to do everything when no one can see me so they won't know.

That's a great plan for success. Just remember to get the right diet. Make your protein goals a priority. Whatever your muscles don't use does get turned into fat but you want to maximize your lean mass to keep your metabolism as high as possible and to have good physical form when you are at goal weight and you can't do that eating twenty grams of protein. So eat protein with as low calories as possible and you will lose weight and look good.

Better to tell them so they don't think you caught the AIDS when you drop twenty pounds.

Lifting and general body weight excercise is usually a lot more efficient and burning calories quickly than running is anyways. Cardio is definitely important to your health and having a long life but there are more efficient ways to just cut the weight than running for an hour a day

Are there though?
What non-Cardio exercise can I do that burns 1000 calories in the 70 minutes that I spend on cardio?

This.
My ultimate goal is to be able to go for a long run with my son. Right now I'm just happy to just see the pounds come off

Not possible. It takes an hour to burn 250 kcal doing cardio and that's the most efficent way to go. Unless you weigh 600lbs that's a pipe dream m8.

just bench press for an hour, keeping 5-8 rep range and decreasing the weight.

>2017
>still no artificial fatners

Why.
I just want something to fry my veggies on that won't triple their calories with every teaspoon.

250 calories in an hour is what happens if you just walk at a leisurely pace you mong

Get an air fryer.

I forgot this is a thread for fats. If they run their knees will give out over time.

>tfw had only one meal yesterday
>said meal was something I could easily gulp down a few months prior

Is this what it feels like making it, bros?

Anyone used clen

Was 186 last week.
Am now 183.6

I didn't weigh myself at the same time and the first weigh in was a while after I took a shower, but I've been eating 1500 calories a day , with the exception of one day when I went around 1700. I only drank Soda once throughout the week, on Saturday, and it was a well deserved bottled root beer.

This cycle is killing me bros. Two years in a row now.
>Go into college 350ish

>315 by christmas

>Christmas break comes, get back up to 335
>Realize im a fuckig uncontrollable slob half ass my way to 305 for the second semester
>Gain 35 fucking pounds over summer break
Im never gonna fucking make it.What the fuck

You need to work on your mental health. Losing weight involves gaining discipline and being able to control your urges. Start by logging everything you eat. Don't"diet" or change your habits just start logging everything. Once you can do that without missing anything and being honest with yourself then you can start cutting out calories

Am I gonna run into trouble overestimating how many calories are in food when going under my limit? I am on a 1000kcal deficit, and have been for months. I also eat roughly 150-250kcal under that limit every day, and I overestimate this shit out of my food in case the labels are wrong, or the meat cut is slightly different. So all up, I am probably on a 1300kcal deficit per day.

Is this sustainable? I'm a massive fatass and don't feel very hungry, and sometimes I go over my limit by a little if I'm feeling lethargic or have fucked up my macros.

The problem with this is, as you lose, you will need less and less calories to reach your goal. Having an accurate measure if your calories helps with later on down the line and builds good eating habits. Not just assisting with weight loss. Do you want to obsessively log calories even after you reach your goals or do you want to be able to recognize right away what is normal or "safe" to eat?

NYRfg here. I've been feeling weak in my legs this last few days. Is this normal?

Restricted cal keto

25lbs in 21 days, hit a plateau? Fast for 48 hours, get 4lbs of weight loss in 2 days for that end of week bonus

I DID IT AGAIN
A
G
A
I
N

I mean, I feel like I can pick it out, but I also log over just to try and build into myself to overestimate.