Coffee vs caffeine pills

Is there any advantage of coffee compared to simply using caffeine pills for the short term energy boost?

I recently quit drinking coffee after drinking it 2-3x per day for thw last 5 or so years. Honestly I don't like the taste of it. I do like the slight energy boost for my workouts tho. Using pre-workout drinks seems pointless to me and overpriced. Is it fine to just use caffeine pills or is there something else to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3711333
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2811374
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Coffee has some nutrients in it, but not much.
If you're just going for the caffeine and don't enjoy the drink itself, then just take the pills.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Pre-workout caffeine pill + tea or water throuhout the day should be the best option for me then

coffee has antioxidants and a butnch of phytochemicals because it is actually a herbal tea and not just a caffienee delivery system.

It helps your brain.

Wouldn't caffeine pill + tea have basically the same effect?

not the same chemicals

T-this?

Caffeine pills are fast and effective.

But i like to drink 1 to 2 espresso shots w my friends and a few cigs before the gym. Shit gets me hyped af

Tobacco suppresses the conversion of tesosterone into estrogen

boosts test

Black coffee is delicious though. The pills are good if you don’t like the taste of coffee or need the caffeine quick.

I love brewing a pot and then just reading or writing

I prefer drinking black coffee because then I can mix it with butter that has CBD oil in it. Good combo. Caffeine pills has its perks though since it's fast and convenient. I usually pop a caffeine pill before mowing the lawn early in the morning.

I prefer to pop a caffeine pill before working out and 2 trough the day so i don't eat shit and actually literally shit more

What does that mean that tobacco is good for test?
Is that what you're trying to say?
I'm really thinking of switching to nicotine gum for health reasons

Coffee gives me a nervous stomach and I also hate tasting it the rest of the day - especially when I'm working out. It also stains your teeth if you don't have some kind of whitening regimen (that will also make your teeth extra sensitive). I prefer caffeine pills. I drink coffee mostly on weekends as a treat. I love my nespresso machine. I cringe at people that fill up a pot of coffee and drink it throughout the day, their breath is always bad.

Coffee has antioxidants and a bunch of other things. There have even been studies showing cardio-protective properties.

Taking caffeine (stressful to the heart) without these added benefits seems like a bad idea if you have a choice between the two.

Caffeine pills win on convenience though. You don't even need water to absorb them.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3711333
>reduces estrogen in women

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2811374
>inhibits converson of test into estrogen

Doesn't boost test directly, but keeps your body from turning it into estrogen.

Does it really do much though?

I keep seeing studies showing the benefits of beer, chocolate, red wine, etc.

Seems like people cling to these studies as a way to justify their habits.

A lot of the stuff is minor but it can add up. /fast/ is kinda like that as is the bulk/cut cycle. Lots of methods work.

>I'm not sure whether it would make much of a difference. Chances are you already intake plenty of antioxidants and have a good diet already if you're seriously about being Veeky Forums.

It does make sense as something we can consume naturally though. It has a fairly strong natural stimulant, coupled with cardio-protective properties. As if nature is counteracting the possible bad effects of caffeine for you.

With caffeine alone, nature is not there to help you. Although I doubt you'll ever find out when you die if you would've had an extra 9 days to live if only you knew to drink coffee instead of pop caffeine tabs... None of us will ever know the difference of any of these almost irrelevant choices lamawo.

Sorry for the retarded greentext. High as the fuck lol.

Drink yerba mate you cuck

Take the /coffee pill/. Coop did.

Interestingly enough nicotine also increases aerobic performance in its users.

Traditional delivery mechanism tends to cause too many problems.

True, Nicorette gum works fairly well though.

Yea I used to just do green tea + caffeine pill if needed and that felt pretty great. I'd say if you could get off caffeine in general you'd feel better though, aside from what you'd get from tea.

The second study says nicotine decreases test production and increases progesterone you absolute brainlet

i've been taking caffeine pills the last 3 years (200mg each 3x a day) and i feel like i get better buzz off coffee but it makes me piss like crazy so i stick to pills unless i've run out