/fast/ #80 - cancer edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6H6MKVWret8
youtube.com/watch?v=5tjNBBzdLKg
youtu.be/WFKmxAG5nqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

14 hours in, hungry as fuck. Going for 96 hours. Wish me luck lads
>maybe by the end I'll like the taste of snake juice

Anyone here take L-carnitine supplements while fasting? I just started recently with a 500mg one every morning with empty stomach. Not sure about results

>drinking snake juice
just eat half a teaspoon of salt in the morning and another one in the evening
also your hunger on day2 will be less than on day 1 and on day 3 you will probably not feel any hunger
>tfw night of day 7 of fast and detoxing hard and cant stop farting and burping

DRINK COFFEE FOR UNLIMITED AUTOPHAGY

Just woke up on my third day of fasting and while the typical "hunger" sensation is gone I feel gross and a little bit... dissociation, I guess? Sluggish? Like I'm piloting my body rather than being my body. Anybody else ever feel like this? Will it go away after I drink more snake potion? If not I'm probably going to break my fast here.

36 hours in and feeling good. Aiming for 10 days or longer this time around, should I pick up some magnesium supplements? Drinking my snake juice already.

>Like I'm piloting my body rather than being my body. Anybody else ever feel like this?
when I'm really high, haven't slept in a long time or have been playing video games too long.

you're probs tired from not eating, IDK though, I've never made it past day 2 and people say there's some sort of superhero wall where you feel perfect.

OP, 4700mg OF POTASSIUM AND THE 2000mg OF SODIUM ARE THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED AMOUNTS! THEY'RE NOT FIXED NUMBERS. YOU ONLY NEED THAT IF YOU'RE SWEATING EVERY FUCKING DAY.

I got into fasting 2 weeks ago, and my experience was like :
first attempt at 48h fast - first say is ok, wanted to die by the 2nd day
first attempt at 72h fast - first day is normal, second day feel like a god, third day start feeling like shit, but nowhere near as bad as the first attempt at fasting
Currently attempting 7 day fast, I'm at 50h mark and I just feel like god all the time, I even started doing some extra excercises on top because I just feel so full of energy, I don't remember last time feeling as well as now.

Sorry, I just copy-pasted. I'll add that if I'm the one who makes the next thread.

repulsive video
how can you be hungry if you drink snake juice?
sounds like a lack of electrolytes, fahm

it took me much longer than 50h

I basically ate the opposite of a ketogenic/paleo diet before my fast, so I didn't feel like I was fully in ketosis until almost day 5, and my pee strips kind of proved it.

On day 7 now going strong at 11% BF

man, take it slower? I only started 4 weeks ago, fasted for 24h once each week, not sure if/when I try to go for 48h, first two times were kinda rough, third was pretty good, gonna see how 4th goes.

before people say that only fatties fast

5 day fast

was 192 lbs, now 178 lbs. Going for a lean bulk now with 5:2

>Went to school after a month
>Everyone told me I look thinner

About to start another seven day fast bros.

We are all going to make it.

Time to put on some bloatwave and pretend you're a videogame character. At least that's what I'm doing when I get that sensation.

youtube.com/watch?v=6H6MKVWret8

>before people say that only fatties fast
you DO realise your 'before' is a fatty, right? and in 'after' you just sucked in your gut
youtube.com/watch?v=5tjNBBzdLKg

>tfw 4kg away from becoming overweight instead of obese
we can do it lads

I'm 2kg below 'overweight' BMI, but I am skinny as fug

>visible ab and serratus striations
>sucking in gut

pick one (also post body) breh

haven't compiled most recent one, maybe tomorrow

can i still drink coffee while fasting? I wanna start with a 48 hour water fast but still want to drink coffee in the morning and evening

start small, like 24h first, if you never tried /fast/ing before

man, I double checked your before and after, shit posture in before if your gut is that far out in front, also
>pencil neck

Alright thanks bud

48 hrs finished, will eat a 2kcal meal and then go for 72+

you seem pretty miserable dude get your shit together

>man, take it slower?

Not him but why? I jumped right into OMEOD and was perfectly fine.

Bruh, I started doing fasts four weeks too and my first water went for 124 hours. I lifted everyday then as well. Don't be scared to going longer; you'll realize it's easier than you think.

I just reread my post. Sorry, I just woke up.
>weeks ago too*
>water fast went*
>to go longer*
>

Day 2
For some reason, I'm just unbearably horny. Not hungry, just stupid horny.

Anyone else unable to sleep because of the extra energy?

Here. I even wake up in the middle of my sleep. The second time I wake up I'm not groggy at all.

Me. Except I wouldn't attribute it to extra energy considering I'm tired as fuck throughout the day.

Anyone, who actually lifts, tried fasting as a cutting shortcut? All I ever see here are skinnyfat at best...

I FEEL THE SAME THING
I wonder if everyone else feels this, its good but bad at the same time, it really feels like I'm high or something... I have no idea why people say they get sharper and smarter, I just get fucking high most of times.
I already tried electrolytes, more water, coffee and nothing seems to make it go away, just embrace it I guess?

Did you take pics after refeeding? People usually look smaller after the glycogen gets depleted. GJ anyway, do you have weight measures after refeeding also?

>a single grain of oats
>"a meal"

>fat dyel calling others fat

so this is the literal state of /fast/

>breaking your fast with carbs
SHIGGY

under a gram of carbs. Unless of course the retard up there meant 2000kcal, which would make a lot more sense.

nothing wrong in using carbs on refeeds if you're not obese, it makes my workouts much better doing 72h IF.

It gets kinda hard when the night comes and I can't cheat drinking coffee.

I'm 5'1.5 inches. I used to be your weight 6 years ago. Once you figure out how wrong you're eating the weight will come off like butter and it won't come back. Beware the wind will knock you off you feet during Spring.

I would post pictures of my progress but I don't take pictures for public purposes and would never show off my skin. Don't have any tank tops unfortunately.

I went from 114 lbs to 110 lbs on a 5 day fast. I pigged out on pizza twice so I'm 111lbs right now. Doing a 4 day fast but with OMAD to start with instead of Papa John's so I'll probably be 107/6 by the end of it.

try decaf, user.
Its way more expensive, but it works for me.

Whats your height? This is /fast/ not /anorexia/. Is Veeky Forums leaking again?

How detrimental is a refeed? I haven't eaten this year and I wanted to make it to Thursday. I'm feeling super hungry right now desu and can't think about much else.

just don't have carbs and it won't make much difference

>there are retards actually drinking coffee when it has 4 calories per cup right now

lmfao

>bloatwave

Oops. 61.5 inches *

Good fasting feels
>start at 219lbs
>4 day fast down to 199.4
>worried that 5-7 lbs was water weight
>refeed with double cheese burger, fries, 3 bags of chips, and 3 protein shakes
>wake up 202lbs
>mfw

Is there a way to fast without the supplements?

i'm sure my scales are trolling me sometimes

>you've gained 10lb morning after 1 meal

Who the fuck eats that much for a refried? You a body builder??

Let me tell you guys MY story. To help explain what your body stores.
>go on 126 hour fast
>get super thin like my body is forming around my ribs
>refeed begins
>eat super high calorie food for three days
>stomach just keeps swelling up day by day
>I can't even shit
>even a 1 day fast does nothing
>theoretically I should have been 109
>weighed in at the same weight I started with 114
>AWW HELL NAH
>start looking for remedies
>spicy fiod
>lemoj
>probiotics
>laxatives
>eat regularly throughout too
>I was non stop shitting even on a practically empty stomach
>went from not burping or farting to burping and farting every second
>weigh myself three days later
>3 pounds gone
And add I chugged probably a gallon of water after my fast. All the weight concentrated in my gut and bloated me on my torso. Now it's gone tho. Don't lose hope

its cool i'm used to expecting water weight changes like crazy, 2 days into a new fast, gonna look to stay in keto next time and see the difference

if i end my 48hr fast thursday night and eat all day friday before lifting...

will my friday lifts be absolute shit?

i want to fast to lose fat, but NOT at the cost of my lifts.

>lose weight
>wide lanky fucking shoulders and arms
>I look like I should be running on all fours

I will tonight. I had my first meal today (Around 2500 cals). I weighed myself this morning and was 178 (after a small refeed yesterday)

I know what you felt like, the worst part about fasting is messing up your bowels.

It depends a lot on what you eat, I tried this a few times and if I didnt eat keto I always have high blood sugar symptoms and my lifts went to shit.
If you do a keto refeed your lifts will be shit as well so I prefer eating after working out, don't be scared to lift while fasting just dont go crazy on volume and you should be fine.

That's cool, it takes around 36 hours to replenish glycogen so check tomorrow if you look leaner.
Also, did you work out during those 5 days? My personal record was 4 days and i have similar bf as you, nice to see a fellow non-obese here.

yes i did work out during those five days. walking / rock climbing 2x. i dont think my glycogen will be fully restoryed. i'm not going heavy on the carbs. mostly just eating a lot of veggies.

you need potassium, calcium, and sodium as well

eat at least 100 calories with these supplements unless you want potential renal failure

>Been doing IF 3 weeks
>Down to OMAD this past week
>Only lost 5lbs

I'm eating at a pretty stark deficit and lift 3 times a week. Also drink 3-4 litres of water a day. I seem and feel lighter and not bloated, but isn't 5lbs too little for 3 weeks? What am I doing wrong?

>What am I doing wrong?
Eating food

gonna do a 16/8 fast when I get back from vacation. if I do this kind of fast for a month or two, how much weight can I be expected to lose? I am even suppose to do it that long?

Never fasted before. Should I just go for 7 days?

who drinks matcha here?

gonna be starting a /matcha fast/ soon

ok /fast/ what's the max amount of time you want to fast for before requiring snake juice

I've heard people say you don't want to go more than 3 days, but that fucking brain expanding meme seems to imply you can do OMAW without snake juice

Similar situation here, about 1.5-2 weeks and 2lbs. How much of a calorie deficit should I be aiming for?

Gonna start drinking some the next day once my dry fast ends tonight.

>author of meme
You'll feel better longer when taking it sooner, i've done 7 days a bunch with no potions but it depends on you. If you get bad headaches, start sooner.

>How much of a calorie deficit
0% or 100% always

Bulking on a fast. Is it possible?

Like, an alternate day fasting situation. And on eating days you eat as much as possible. How retarded is this?

Consider that you'll have to eat twice your TDEE and then some on eating days

Depending on how big you are this could easily be 5000+ kcal on eating days

try it and see what happens ;^) OMAD is probably better tho

>11 days of water with light cardio every day
How much weight could I realistically drop if I'm 5'11 and starting at 180?

I just completed my first 24 hours but I've been drinking snake juice all day? Was I supposed to wait to drink SJ?

Were you active?

try it and see what happens ;^)

Coffee breaks your fast, and caffeine on an empty stomach may well give you palpitations and shakes. If you're doing OMAD it could be ok but for a proper fast just drink water/snake juice.

I can't until March when we get a week of leave, and I'm really excited to see the effects.

WE GON DO A SERPENT DIET SOON BITCHES youtu.be/WFKmxAG5nqg

have you gotten the shits when you take the salts directly?

Just scored a date with a 10 on Wednesday night, so I'll be fasting until then.

I've been on OMAD for most of 2017, and keto for 4 days. Keto is really awesome. It feels good to break a fast and not get insulin spikes!

Fasting is the way to fucking go.

A hundred tv dinners every other day

Might want to ease into it with a couple 24hr fasts.

go keto if u wanna lose weight, aswell as fasting

Walked a mile and half on campus today

72 hrs in and I feel like shit:

>feeling tired and weak as fuck
>nauseous when I stand up
>not really hungry, but can't stop thinking about food
>can't focus mentally

Is this the keto flu? I've been drinking snake juice and a magnesium supplement. Never fasted longer than 48h before. I'm aiming for a week or so to absolve from the holiday sins. Am I gonna make it brehs?

is potassium and sodium all i need? is there some reason why i dont also need to take vitamins and shit if i'm not eating anything?

and wouldnt sodium alone be fine?

why do a dry fast?

If I want to fast, how do I start? Is there a list of supplements I need or whatever?

Wondering this as well. I've done a 96 hour fast and I'm going to work my way up to a 2 week fast soon,but I've never taken anything.

You should be feeling like a god by tomorrow. Hang in there breh

>10 hours left in 168-hour hard dry fast
>REALLY FEELING IT
I know I can keep at it. I know I can. There was an user who was aiming for a 168-hour dry fast too, but was about a day ahead of me. Is he still alive?