What are your thoughts on the keto diet

what are your thoughts on the keto diet
ive actually had good results in loosing weight
any of you made gains on keto? should i switch it up for a bulk fase?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739004
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>muh cholesterol

>what are your thoughts on the keto diet
Never felt better, though the longest I've been able to stay on is 4 months this will be my 4th attempt

Not sustainable for the long run, sustainable for the short term.

>Not sustainable for the long run
why?

I've been keto for ~8months now. I'm not a fat fuck, so I'm not losing weight. My gainz are slower, and workouts are shorter and less intense. Recovery is pretty much immediate. I can hit the gym 3 times/day if/when I want without much soreness the next day. Energy levels are steady and enduring, no more burst/crash.

Not him, I went six month straight while lifting and boxing, note that I've already been doing the same thing for the past 2 years before this, and my cholesterol rose up to 250.

I lost 80 lbs in 4 months on keto and put on muscle at the same time. You are allowed to consume protein.

>All cholesterol is bad
>cholesterol with an absence of carbs isn't the way or bodies are supposed to work

Hurr durr

how sway

Yeah but also eating the majority of your carbs in one sitting can fuck your system up too
It's better to just view your carb macros as a cushion for hidden carbs or for necessary veggies

Works great for maintaining a good figure. I was very fat growing up because I was fed nothing but carbs and sugary crap; as a result I was always hungry. Keto is great at preventing overeating.

i feel great on it but its so fucking boring

>boring
as oposed to what?
at least you get to put some mayo on your chicken

>as opposed to what?
A half sausage half french fry Pizza

i mainly eat carb shit so its boring compared to that. i can only eat so much meat before i wanna kms

so you mean as oposed to not being on a diet at all?
i guess youre right...

>using fat as an all-encompassing term and pretending that people saying saturated and trans fats are unhealthy means they're saying all types of fat are unhealthy

How do you figure that?

outdated try again

Lazy response
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739004

I'd say full keto (>20g carbs/day) is to be treated as a temporary fat-loss accelerator
long term, low carb (>50-60g/day) is more reasonnable, both healthwise and convenient socially, focusing on complex carbs.

In either case, you should NOT be eating more bacon, cheese and eggs than on a regular diet. The extra fats should come from seeds, nuts and healthy oils. Watch your fiber and and mineral intake if you want it to work long term.

We're on keto because of the husband's seizure condition.

We've been keto for 12 years. With only one deviation on a two week vacation once which led to a bad grand mal that hospitalized him.

He's on zero antiseizure meds now and other than the one on vacation he hasn't had even a single aura or absence episode while keto.

But people are right... its impossible to maintain long term. No one can do it.

>basing policy decisions on observational studies like Framingham

literally retarded

keto is good for fat loss if you're too weak to fast.
it might have some major benefits for medical conditions, autism is commonly referenced.

It's the best diet you can do for cutting. Also, you feel way better in general. Ketogenic life isn't fit to build up muscles though.

>high cholesterol has been shown to induce atherosclerosis in every animal species ever tested
>disease is characterized by deposits of cholesterol-rich plaques in arteries
>thinks heart disease and cholesterol are unrelated

>It's the best diet you can do for cutting.
In what way?