When will you nerds realize

When will you nerds realize that yoga is literally the best form of exercise???

>Can be done anywhere, even when there is no squat rack
>Restorative instead of draining
>Makes you taller/bigger by expanding your frame, even while wearing clothes
>Not flexing all the time because you carry yourself more naturally
>Gives you the flexibility and balance of a fighter, but you never get into fights because your chakras are aligned
>Improves you spiritually, emotionally, physically
>Surrounded by sweaty QTs all day

Weightlifted for years (275 push press) and did 7 years of MMA, this is literally my favorite shit. Hope you younger guys see the light eventually. Namaste.

Truth

Agreed

hey look an accurate post

Agree but that doesn't mean that you should stop other forms of exercise. Yoga will increase deadlfts, squats, possibly bench.miggt as well add it to the routine.
One problem for me is that I get very frustrated during yoga.

I did Vinyasa Basic Flow today and the hot instructor ran her fingers up my spinal erectors during child’s pose. The instructor would bend over me and bend front to show off her clevelage. There were girls in the back moaning while holding a certain asana (pose). I think she was moaning because I was there. Also a middle aged had her eyes on me and I also realized her nipples were hard in a room that’s supposed to be warm.

Anyways, I spoke to the instructor after the class was over. She is hot but she has kids. I remember seeing her bite her lips during our conversation. She continued to bend over and show me some stretches because I told her I had tight hamstrings.

Doesn’t hurt that I’ve been lifting for 4+ years with a fit body. Also I’m Indian so these yoga girls love me by default.

Go to a local yoga studio with good ratings. I would recommend Vinyasa. They love weightlifting guys. If I’m brave, I will attend a class with compression pants with my bulge exposed. Would be interesting to see what would happen.

Also, if you smoke weed, then I would recommend smoking a bowl before attending a class. Really relaxing.

>Also I’m Indian so these yoga girls love me by default.

My friend invited me to a free class his sister was teaching because she was about to become a certified instructor.

Real talk... I actually did wear compression tights and I really did take my shirt off in the middle of class.

Girls were checking me out left and right, so I thought I was hot shit... but then it turns out Maggie from high school was one of the teachers and she later told the other instructors "[My name] was always taking his shirt off in high school." I felt like the biggest douche lmao. Be wary bro that shit can backfire lol!

>Also I’m Indian so these yoga girls love me by default.
kek im indian too and i have a lot of bullshit about yoga and love in my tinder profile and get a lot of yoga pussy

its true

Sushi?

shout out to the brown homies, yall are criminally underrated. get yours my guys.

thanks my man. i usually go for that taco pussi. fucking good fuck and takes to me to great food places

for all you lurkers.... this is mountain pose, tadasana...

Just stand up straight, clap your hands together and push them against each other. start with them out in front of you and try to raise them above your head while looking towards your finger tips.

squeeze your hands together like you're crushing a bug inside. internally rotate the shoulders. you will be able to flex your lats and serratus anterior.

after a few deep breaths, let go. tell me your shit doesn't feel more relaxed.

What?

isnt this another version of suryanamaskar

It's a pose in Surya namaskar.

BTW doing different variations of Surya namaskar with a few twisting postures is probably the best way for guys to get into yoga. Learning how to do a proper dandasana made me get so much more out of push-ups which I'd relegated to cardio.

Fuck, I meant chaturanga dandasana not dandasana. Although a dandasana will week your shit for a few weeks at least od you have any tightness below your waist

i don't think so. i'm just referring to this particular pose. i'm not asking random people to do the full sun salutation lol that shit is so hard to explain if you've never done it before.

i went to a workshop recently where the ashtanga-based instructor insisted that i keep the heels of my palms down and stationary during vinyasana (plank, high to low pushup, up dog, down dog for you casuals out there), i swear my shoulders have never looked bigger or been more mobile. my actual ribcage has expanded. my shoulder girdle takes up more physical space.

this but you should still lift

Shavasana is the best after a long yoga session

>vinyasana
Been looking to get into Yoga for a while now just to become more flexible and it looks fun. I wasn't aware that it could actually give you a wider appearance, can you please elaborate on the specifics of these exercises(?), or point me to a beginner guide/recommend me a starting point. I really don't know anything or where to begin. Thanks!

>a literal god
>killed by getting shot in the fucking toe with an arrow

i've heard great things about the "yoga with adrienne" channel on youtube if you wanna start with that.

i'm not an expert but this is what i've learned:

your body kind of holds on to emotional trauma and actually shapes itself according to what kind of person you are... like if you were traumatized as a child you might have a hunched head, protect your chest, slouch to appear smaller, etc. and that shit doesn't just go away without you addressing it.

basically as you learn to breathe in weird positions, your body makes peace with these past traumas... you stand up straighter, you breathe deeper, you take up more space, you're more graceful and balanced. and so instead of slouching you're an inch or two taller. your chest looks strong but not puffed out. your shoulders and chest are open. you are physically and emotionally lighter.

i guess i'm so into this particular form of exercise because it's really therapeutic and has helped me in a lot of weird ways. i stopped drinking coffee. i'm able to be more emotionally open with my SO. my house is cleaner. there's just a lot of shit that i didn't expect, and i was coming into this specifically to become more flexible and heal some old injuries. i really encourage you to explore this and hope you get something out of it.

as for specific exercises....

a poster earlier in this thread suggested chatturanga and some variations. i think he's right. you can look up videos of "hindu pushups" or "dive bomber pushups" to see people doing hundreds of reps. i don't do them that way but it is a valuable exercise.

basically look at the body of a gymnast versus that of a (fat) powerlifter. the gymnast probably looks more balanced and agile. you've probably never seen a good gymnast with poor aesthetics... because their joints are healthy/strong, they move in a biomechanically correct manner, and the small muscles that aren't really activated by traditional barbell exercises come into play when hit by weird bodyweight angles. when these small, fine muscles are developed, your body will rest and move in a place of less tension, making you appear more graceful.

Color me interested. I'm tall as fuck and have to deal with a lot of posture issues and back pain. Is this shit good for that?

>275 push press
LOL

Pretty legit. I do weightlifting too, and I love yoga.

Why not just stretch?

dead ass serious, i once saw 6'8 eduardo najera do a handstand in some random yoga studio around here lol. it's not out of the question.

i don't think you have to do yoga to be more conscious of your posture, flexibility, biomechanics. a lot of these principles have bled over into crossfit and shit... kelly starrett is a good resource of course, but pavel has always been my guy too. places like this is where i was initially turned on to paying attention to my how my body felt rather than just how it looked. best of luck bro!

I remember a hard-core yoga that left my body burnt out. I liked it better than the workouts that the military required-but it didn't work well doing both.

I banded itself as evidence-based yoga. I doubt I could meet very many women doing painful yoga.

fuck off soy boy, go lift something heavy

are there any good yoga/stretching series on YouTube that I can do at home?

Yoga with Tim is doing a 30 day challenge toy can hop on

kind of ironic right