Who's your favourite strongman Veeky Forums ?

who's your favourite strongman Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zDrwBnpL-Do
youtube.com/watch?v=kV4Dz4S_gwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BhWP1BVq8
youtube.com/watch?v=z5ts-r4FP8Y
i.imgur.com/fVO2s.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=tvL_H7auCSw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Hx7GZByxk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy
youtube.com/watch?v=SVl0Zt-kZys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me, it’s Brian Shaw

Wide shoulders >>>>>>> anything

Eddie hall of course. I watched the 2017 worlds strongest man thing on YouTube, and god damn that guy is incredible

Tie. Shaw and Hall.

Thor seems like bit of a twat, but his performance is amazing. Fixing small issues (ego and coaching poinys) I think he will dominate in the years to come

Marius pudzianowski. This man should be Veeky Forums hero

He's definitely under appreciated.

Zdrunas by a mile

p. sure brian shaw is retarded, have you guys ever heard him speak?

Eddie hall was incredible at 2017 WSM. I Licis is defiantly a rising star managing some of the shit he did at his weight.

yeah but hes destroyed himself, have you seen 2017 WSM?

It comes off as more "jolly giant" to me, but i know what u mean.

I don't know if he'll ever win a wsm again, but he recently won giants & destroyed eddie on the log.

Savickas and Bendmydikt Magnusson

Shaw because merica

Derek Poundstone.

Dude quit because of a massive bicep tear, but before that he was a pretty big name in strongman. Even won the Arnold Classic once. Also an absolute beast.

youtu.be/zDrwBnpL-Do

I'll go with Shaw, he comes across as a really kind guy.

the man, the myth, the legend: Big Z

Kazmaier is cool guy

Yeah, until you piss him off, then he literally gets all autismo mode. Imagine a dyel a third his weight screaming and jumping and flailing his arms, that's what it feels like.

He got really butthurt when Z won the 2016 Arnolds. It was quite funny really

>Glorious BLOAT vs Fucking DYEL

if you pick anyone other than benni, or kaz you should kys

Robert Oberst

Based Pudzian

Butterbean

Surely you mean Glenn Ross.

supermang

who knew he had such a chad jaw under those jowls?

Eddie Hall would have won 2016 had he not injured his hands. All he needed to do was fucking place in that relay race

Benni and Thor are my favorite by far.

I like lalas because he's one of the only strongmen below 6 foot (I think he's 5'9") to be competitive and to actually win an arnold.

Lalas confirmed as grand poobah of all manlets

you mean to tell me that you didn't realize just how much of a superchad he actually was? shit man, sort yourself out

The Arnold Classic where no one else could press the log and Z did 3 reps will always stick with me. It's in the Eddie Hall doc on Netflix.

At his best Z is on a plane of his own.

Whoa did he switch to BB or is that pic older?

holy shit he should just do body building instead

>38 replies
>no kyriakos grizzly

fucking kill yourself with that cancer it's killing the board

do you have a link tbhfam

not BB per say, but he seems to be switching away form being WSM competitive. he's had a great career and is still probably very competitive in strength sports, but probably decided that it wasn't sustainable long term and switched priorities.
i think it was the right choice, and man what a difference

I was a fan of thor until he was kind of a sore loser last wsm to eddie.

I think it is hard not to like Shaw and Big Z. I like Eddie for his drive, but he is kind of a dick sometimes.

>should just do body building
His body is a building

how does one tear a bicep?

this, best strong man of all space and time

not sure, but here's something for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=kV4Dz4S_gwI

he should have never lifted due to how horrible his insertions are.

What does he do now? He looks incredible (no homo). That's now my goal body, how does one achieve this?

Patrik Baboumian

Have fun m8, it's beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BhWP1BVq8

Literally who?

p unknown outside of Sweden but he's a kewl guy and friends with latsbrah
youtube.com/watch?v=z5ts-r4FP8Y

he should have just skipped the steroids and lifting and done his cocaine at music festivals because of how fucked up his body looks.

idk exactly what, but he's already had a great WSM career.

that kind of body is what you get from intense bulking combined with strength training/powerlifting and then a massive cut
there are a few good examples online, check out dave gulledge here:
i.imgur.com/fVO2s.jpg

I heard he has a big dick, a big dick because he took growth hormones during teenage years.

Is that true? Would a teen still growing get a bigger dick if he took HGH?

His poor performance in WSM was mostly due to an injury to the neck and shoulder. It made a huge impact on his overhead strength, hence his poor performance in the viking press. Compare it to the squat, where only Eddie Hall managed more reps than him. Once the injury was healed, Savickas went ahead and won a contest in late September, ahead of guys such as Caron, Janashia and Shahlaei. If the old Lithuanian can train well and avoid injuries, he's still strong enough to win WSM if he has two great days in a row.

Insufferable cunt

MIkhail Koklyaev is fucking cool. He's got strength, speed, and technique. He was able to chase people down on the log by doing a split jerk with it. Also, he isn't afraid to show personality and seems casual. Followed up by Vytautas Lalas, Matjaz Belsak, Martin Licis, Phil Pfister, and OD Wilson.

He's a vegan strongman.

youtube.com/watch?v=tvL_H7auCSw

Haffy a shit

For me, it's EDDIE 'THE BEAST' HALL
I love him honestly

Jon Pall Sigmarsson was the greatest.

>"There is no reason to be alive if you can't deadlift"
>dies when deadlifting

What did he mean by this?

I'm mad Veeky Forums is too young to appreciate him when he was at the top

AFAIK Savickas cuts down to a lower weight and bodyfat in the off season for longevity (both in the sport and irl)
If you want to look like him you're gonna need a fuck load of time, drugs, and food.

That just shows how epic the viking was.

top tier : Jon Pall Sig, Pudzinowski. .
total bros , strong AF without becoming obese, aesthetic, confident not arrogant

mid tier: most others, Big Z, Shaw, Magnus v Mag

low tier: Kaz&Hall, Wilhelm. zovergrown annoying AF manchilds, necessary though since every sport needs villains.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Hx7GZByxk

Big Z top, Hall middle, the pudding low, otherwise I agree.

low tier kaz? Gtfo Soyboy

Tbf, Thor trained so hard he paralysed half his face, and skipped other competitons to focus on training.
And Eddie Hall is a huge asshole. He neglects his kids and wife, and says strength training is the only good thing he has etc.
Shaw is arguably one of the greatest, he has a normal home life, and trains like a monster.

Jouko Ahoula is missing in that list.
Motherfucker won almost 3 WSM and set records for Hercules hold and Atlas stones with 185cm@125Kg

I thought thor got some fucky virus that did that to him.

I think Eddie does it for the cameras. If you watch his doc basically everyone says in person he is the nicest guy but put on a show for WSM. He is trying to be "that guy" and bring more viewers in.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy

I already actually had that open and was reading up on it. I guess the big suspect is swelling from a viral infection but not confirmed.

Shaw, hands down. World's nicest huge strong motherfucker, top tier role model. Hall is a cunt and Thor is a whiny little bitch.

It's believed to be caused by a virus, but no one agreeably knows. The insane strain he puts himself under, that they all do can't be discounted either. Since it is a nerve issue.
Their nervous system is constantly in fight or fight mode, most strength competitors (and often competitive martial artists) have bouts of IBS and sweat when asleep because of their sympathetic nerves.
It's what happens with such an intense activation of muscle nerves and strength feats.

mirin forearms

The current Polish guy is getting stronger ever year. Its kind of amazing.

If Kieliszkowski can sort out his deadlift, he's podium material for sure. He's fast, athletic and so strong overhead.

Pudzian
Best combo of strength and athleticism

Yea I like brian shaw, not because of anything strongman related, but he seems like a cool dude in the yt vids I have watched of him.

also hes a world champion rower youtube.com/watch?v=SVl0Zt-kZys

You guys think I could do viking presses with this?

This is now a Pudzian appreciation thread

...how?

get outta here Eddie

> Patrick Baboon-whatever
> relevant

why do vegans do this

turn it around and put a barbell lock at the end so it doesnt slide down

He train from child

>le low bodyfat pudding man

>be born baltic chad
>boatloads of roids and gh
>decades of training

You'll get there bro don't worry.

> being this mad

Why do they always hold WSM in some warm 3rd world country??? Is it cheaper? Why not hold it in a colder climate so these white guys can perform better, not to mention more people would come to see....

Same reason they hold it in the summer and don't air it for six months. Retards. The lot of the managers.

It's treated like a reality show. It is filmed over the course of 2 weeks.

Just looked it up and botswana is waaaay cooler during the "summer". In the capital the average daily highs for midsummer months are ~23C.

Still don't know why they'd hold it in fucking botswana of all places, you could actually have an audience in a western country.

Maybe its to incentivize good behavior and no nigger hating social media.

Also, Nick Best needs to fucking quit already.