I've plateaued at a 395 lb. squat for the past 2 months. What can I do to finally push into 4pl8 territory?

I've plateaued at a 395 lb. squat for the past 2 months. What can I do to finally push into 4pl8 territory?

where are you stall in your squat?

squat more
/thread

Deload a bit and gradually increase again

have you tried trying harder?

I feel in control going down, but I'll stall about 3-4 inches above parallel when coming back up. Not made any noticeable progress in how far I'm coming back up at all.

try using a lower weight then doing pauses at the bottom of the squat before going back up

Maybe some partials from pins or pause squats would help

Honest question here, what's the point in squatting THAT much? Like that's 0.1% tier squatting, absolute elite level, depending on your weight of course, but like Jesus Christ, that's so fucking much I can't even fathom how it feels doing it. I guess I know the answer to my own question, but here I go clicking Submit anyways.

t. Soy boy

Fuck off dyel troll. As someone who has squatted 4 plate highbar atg, it's nothing special.

I do it because it makes me better at my sport. But you could also ask "whats the point in doing it" about a lot of physical achievements. Why run a marathon? why climb a mountain? why do a triathlon? why become the fastest in the world at running backwards?

It's not elite, it's late beginner tier.

Squat more, paused squats and bottom pin squats are good variations.

alright this made me laugh

this pretty much. great squatters squat every day. even if you are not squatting you should be squatting, always rest squatting, like a good slav. if you shit sitting with your butt, you are doing it wrong, you should evacuate squatting, plus it is more sanitary.

Stop fucking ego lifting and get back to basic progressive overload with higher-rep sets.

Squat at least 2 times a week. First workout of the week, 3x8, using whatever weight it takes. Do 1 or 2 accessory exercises after.

Second workout, pause squats for 5x3 or 5x5. More accessories. Sleep, eat, and don't be a pussy with your training.

Like you fucking know the answer here.

try a squat plug

use your MINDSEEET

It's not late beginner lol but it's definitely nowhere fucking near elite. Anyone squatting 405 and hitting proper depth is intermediate. They've been training for a bit and have some experience.

most of the strongest squatters who ever lived did not squat everyday

for most people it would be intermediate, depends how much of a talentchad you are and how much milk you are willing to suckle from rippetoe's teet i guess

i could claim a 500 deadlift is late beginner because i linearly progressed to it with 1x5, but that would be disingenuous because it's obviously not the case for most people

try eating more, doing variations like paused atg high bar (these are awesome; like 1.5 reps in 1), maybe low bar if that your thing, front squats , higher frequency, higher rep ranges, weightlifting shoes, MINDSET BABY, mobility/flexibility work, etc...

Kill yourself

can you mention some of those squatters? not trying to be rude or an asshole, just honestly curious.

my points of reference for squat are always olympic weightlifters (competitors or not), and they definitely squat pretty often

e.g. clarence, squats everyday. Can't remeber when or which video/interview, but there was this one time he didn't squat for like 1 week for whatever reason and the weight on his squat went down a fuckton. I don't think he would be able to keep putting weight on if he only did it 2~3 times a week

ed coan squatted once a week, john haack squats 2x a week, most of boris sheiko's lifters squat 2x a week, i'm fairly sure ray williams only squats heavy once a week

How big is you ass?

I suspected that your reference point was powerlifting. Nothing against it though, different training for different objectives. Guess it can be done either squatting a lot or a bit less.

powerlifters are the strongest squatters in the world, unless you think moving the bar down 2 inches would suddenly allow olympic lifters to exceed ray william's squat world record (hint: 'no')

Heavier and stronger lifters cause way more localized and systemic disruption with heavy loads than weaker people. Don't look to the champs current training for help, look to how they trained when they were at your level

You know what to do.

Coan squatted 1x a week from day 1, all sheiko routines for all level athletes have squatting 2x a week, etc.

there's just no need for 6x week frequency to progress on squat

not saying it doesn't work, but it's nowhere near the only way to get good at squatting

Friendly reminder that squatting this much isn't sustainable in the long run and you WILL fuck up your joints eventually if you keep doing these powershitter routines.

But you sheep won't listen to this post because you want to impress other literally faggots on the internet, with "muh numbers".

Lol, no. 400 pounds isn't heavy and you're a mong for thinking it is.

>It's not elite, it's late beginner tier.
>. Anyone squatting 405 and hitting proper depth is intermediate.

fat niggas always forget about bodyweight's effect on your ability to move weight

you know if i were still in my first few years of lifting i would probably make a post vehemently disagreeing with this but at this point i have to concede that this is probably true

doesn't feel good man i just want to squat pain free again

Squat more than once a week

If squatting twice, try three times

Also, you need to be doing assistance work. Front squats, and barbell hyperextensions specifically

Lift for nearly a decade, then comeback to me newbie dyel

dyel

Your days of linear progression is over. You must now learn periodization.

Welcome to the real mans club.

4PL8 is advanced lift territory, which is achievable by almost anyone with 5 to 7 years of committed training.

@200 lbs I have put up 495 and I consider that an impressive lift that is just shy of being considered elite. That said there is a very wide range of "elite".

>tfw squatted 3x per week for 3 years
>still havent got over 270lbs x 5
>keep getting knee injurys when i get heavy
>post form check in /plg/
>everybody says it looks fine

Am i just not eating enough? Am i lifting too much and not letting stress > adaption process to take place?

>Am i just not eating enough? Am i lifting too much and not letting stress > adaption process to take place?

you're probably just a genetic dead end man, if your knees are getting injured with reasonably good form at 270x5 you just were not destined to squat huge weights

There are 2 ways to get 4 plate. One is to get better, the other is to get stronger.

I am sorry you are wrong a 4PL8 squat shows a dedication and fitness level most people will never understand or have the will and commitment to do.

tried to be nice to have a decent discussion but apparently you can't do it.

as I said
>different training for different objectives

not saying a olympic weightlifter would ever be able to squat the same as the fat-o you mentioned, but why would they focus all their strenght on just squatting while the squat itself is only 1/3 of the movement they have to do? yes, they need to squat, but first the need to jerk or snatch the weight overhead. Lets see fat-o snatch all that shit. Probably can't even reach out to clean his own ass.

also, having an athletic body while squatting 300kg/661lbs ACTUALLY raw, no belt, no knee wrap >>>>> squatting 1005lbs being a fat-o using belt and knee wraps.

>pic related

Bloat

Why lie on the internet user?

the expected nonsense from some olyboo dumbshit clarence fanboy with 12 inch arms

you asked what the strongest squatters in the world did, not what "muh reel athleets" did, and you got an answer

t. not even a powerlifter

Programming?

Actually nevermind, I didn't read the thread before I responded to you and i misinterpreted your point. For the record I have made gains in the squat with 1, 2 and 3 times a week, and have never tried high frequency so I guess I agree with you.

> yes goy! don't get strong, you'll only ever hurt yourself!
> be a good gymcel and train for 'aesthetics'. you won't ever need to bench more than 1pl8, I guarantee it!

The obvious answer

Low bar?

If so, you're too upright/your back isn't locked in extension. More horizontal back and HIP DRAHVE should get you through there and you kind of goodmorning the rest of it. When I fail a squat it's at the bottom, I just go down but not up.

>495 and 200
>elite

>squatting Olympic is just better ok
No

t. Guy who does PL and squats high bar

change your rep ranges and weight for a bit

Retards gotta Retard.

I sad just SHY of elite @200 with a 495

By the way a Master level lifter is in the top 10% of power-lifters.

A male lifter @ 198:
Elite = 535
Master = 493

A male lifter @ 220
Elite 565
Master 520

Seriously people like you run /fit