/fast/ #81 - sugar is more addictive than cocaine edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

1st for stop eating fatty

Cocaine not actually that addictive. For me personally.

how often do you do it? how do you feel on it?

4th for

Oxy isn't addictive for me either

I've gotten more acne with I intermittent fasting. Why? It's been a few weeks.

There is literally nothing wrong with eating food.

yeahe, and there's nothing wrong with fasting.

If you could get pure coke with the price of coffee it would be addictive kek

Food gives cancer

>MUH DRUGS ARE NOT AS BAD AS THINGS WE HAVE

Fuck off with this shit.

The bad part is that people don't use the argument for making people stop eating too much shit, but to make people have even more vices.

Why do some of you guys do multiple days without eating? Are you trying to lose weight at all cost? Do you think this won't cut more muscle than fat?

see
i did a 5 day fast to kick off my cut. now i'm doing omad 5:2

If you fast properly you will lose hardly any LBM as long as you have surplus fat on your body.

how do i stop being hungry after feeling full?

i have had this problem way before fasting but its still here.
when i eat and get full. i will still be hungry for a long time. i can just keep eating even though it hurts my expanding stomach it still tastes super good and i will still feel hungry and a compulsive need to eat..

it takes like 2 hours before i truly stop feeling actual hunger and am just left with a full stomach but still some want for food.

12% BF

Can I still take supplements during a fast? I take collagen, fish oil, BCAA, isolated protein, a multivitamin and some caffeine pills.

36 hours in. Feeling better than yesterday for sure. If I can make it past the 72 hour hell mark into god mode I'm going to go for 120 hours+. Even if I do lose a bit of muscle, I should be able to lean bulk and lift it right back in a few weeks. I don't think this will set me back below 1/2/2.5/3.5 though.

Eat real food with real nutritients, if you eat junk you are going to get hungry fast, this is why fatties can't stop eating.

Going to start my first fast tomorrow. I will go for some sprinting in the morning. Wish me luck brehs.

No. Electrolytes only. Nothing that spikes cortisol or insulin. That includes caffeine, SF gum, teas, etc. Even vaping if that's you're thing is off limits because of the nicotine and sweetness of the vapor can trigger insulin. Water or snakejuice only (sodium, potassium, bit of lemon juice, and organic apple cider vinegar) some people add magnesium too which is fine.

eat less carbohydrates

will...
-green tea
-toothpaste
-alkaline water
break my fast?

TEST putting you through puberty 2.0

multivit and caffeine are fine.

BCAA, iso protein, fish oil no - you could take the pills like fish oil although that gives a few calories so techinically not a fast but unless you are being super strict it probably wont matter.

Collagen pills are pseudoscience, it breaks down in your stomach into amino acids so its just like taking protein.

Is it ok to do cardio during the fast

How does tea trigger insulin ??
Aren't u exaggerating a bit ?

i fucking ate 500g of lettuce 500g of cucumber 3 pears. 100g of bacon and 300g of meat before i even started eating my carbs

I have some stretch marks and I thought that collagen pills helped with that. Is there anything I can do to erase or minimize them?

Yeah I'm not sure how one can be addicted to Cocaine. It's a super short lived high and it isn't that amazing. I understand opiate and amphetamine addictions but coke is a meme.

Will eating pussy break my fast? It's a very meaty pussy with a thickly flowing discharge. Also chunks of hair, dead labia skin, and clumps of uterus fall into my mouth and down my throat. (I know what you're thinking but her face is cute so fuck off.)

Lettuce has pretty much zero nutrients. Cucumber and meat are the only two decent foods you listed there.
Buy actual nutritious food and shut the fuck up.

No. Tea and coffee impact cortisol levels. It's not an exaggeration.

>lemon juice
>apple cider vinegar

nice fast breaker you got there

fuck you same thing happens when i eat 500g of broccoli before eating my carbs

tea has caffeine which triggers cortisol.
And yeah, a lot of the rules are overly strict to maximize benefits and minimize the time spent in the "hell zone" where your body is pissed off and hungry and weak because you're forcing it to switch fuel sources. The faster you can switch your fuel source over to your stored fat, the less time youll feel like shit and the sooner you feel like a born again god who can watch pounds fall off every day while feeing electrically energetic and alive.

wow, insults and cursing, how refreshing

I just shat my brains out after chugging a whole bowl of broth. I think it was the salt.
Anyway I think I blew out my asshole.
How long do I have to fast to get rid of hemorrhoids? Does anything have any experience?

>implying electrolytes are a fast breaker. nibba pls

6 days more till burgerday senpaitachi

the amount of juices and vinegars you need to put in the drink to see a benefit is enough to break a fast

>chugging
try sipping 4oz of beef broth slowly next time. Breaking a fast is arguably the most critical part of fasting in the first place. Break your fast slowly over half the time you spent fasting. 72h fast -> 36 hour break of fast. Broths and steamed veggies first then slowly transition to eggs and meats

4 days before taco day senpaitachi

8tbsp of lemon juice and 4tbsp of ACV diluted over 2 liters of water sipped slowly throughout the day
no I don't think so fampai

MY SKIN WILL NEVER FUCKING BE SAFE
Why would this happen ?

enjoy your assholes being utterly and irrecoverably BTFO. be careful anons, break your fast slowly then it can be burgerday and tacoday. Ditch the carbohydrate Jew while you're at it. Protein style, faggots

oh ok if youre sipping then its fine
still though the lemon juice + acv is about 3g sodium and 170 potassium so theres not much point in it

unless you like the flavor

I broke my last fast with burgers senpai and I had proper solid shits so idk
>tfw no tacos in my shitty yuropoor country
life is hard

ok so no gum during a fast, even sugarless right? then what can i do for fresh breath?

>If you're a fatass fast until you aren't
What does that even mean? One fast until I'm thin? Is there anyone who successfully completed that feat?

mexican here
a good replacement for tacos in europe is kebab rolls
if you tolerate shitniggers

its been 2weeks I have literally 0sugar intake, except 10g of 99%black chocolate a day and a teaspoon of ketchup one time a week
you all weak faggots

Why yes, there is! You should try losing the last bit of stubborn body fat you have left so that your skin can really start shrinking. There's also some anecdotal evidence that if you trigger your body's autophagy response it will be more aggressive at getting rid of junk protein like loose skin.

Fasting works great for both of these!

did you watch the video or even read the whole op?
if not then dont ask anything

Working on it.

go for 7 days and post pics to appease all the shitlords that keep asking

we have these but imagine them more greasy and full to the brim with meat fries and garlic sause

chew falim or any other mastic gum

lol maybe I wasnt clear but I have 2000mg of sodium and 4700mg of potassium in it as well

brush yo teef nigga

Listerine rinse, fallowed by water rinse, don't swallow anything

I did I just find it very hard to believe all the things people tell about nutrition seem to be BS

Kebabs are fucking God tier

Just starting a fast today. Is black coffee or green/white tea okay? I’ve heard very mixed answers.

Also, my more important question: is it safe to go into hot tubs\saunas during a fast? I try to use both fairly frequently, but I’ve heard you may be a little bit weaker due to he fast.

See
And

depends on what you want from fasting
coffee (decaf or reg) boosts autophagy
but it can spike insulin a bit.

some people fast forever with coffee tea and water and do great, like is in the first video from the OP.

According to studies done, when in a fasted state 94% of your body's fuel comes from lipids. I'll look for a source when I get home in Dr. Fung's book.

Are chicken burgers better than beef burgers?In terms of carbohydrates n shit
they are but arent they full of shit like carbs

I'm on my 8th day of water fasting. I'm starting to smell a bit of acetone. I think it's my breath. That seems to be a sign of ketosis.

>I'm starting to smell a bit of acetone. I think it's my breath. That seems to be a sign of ketosis.

Well ideally I’d like to lose like 10-12 lbs, but I hurt my shoulder and fractured my foot, so as of now, I can neither lift nor run until at least February. I’m just trying to make good use of this time, because when I don’t exercise, I tend to get depressed and put on weight.

Who's this dude?

you'll get into ketosis and stay there if you only drink water coffee and tea
this will help burn fat.

Steve1989

Day two
Sluggish as fuck, got yelled at because I can hardly work, must be kinda a shitbag cause nobody in the office wants to talk to me and none of my thots will either

just say you are sick
and are you sluggish because you are hungry or what?
make sure to get enough electrolytes and dont worry once your ketosis begins you should have energy all day long without any ups or downs if you keep your electrolytes right

>and are you sluggish because you are hungry or what?
No clue I just know this feeling from last time I fasted. Let's just put it this way last time I was like this I ended up slamming on my breaks just in time not to hit someone constantly on my ride home I'm debating breaking the fast just so I make it home in one piece

Just ate after my 3 day fast. Lots of burping and some farting.

Have I taken the brappypill?

>tfw looking at low carb diet
>90% of what I love is low carb
well I know what I will be doing after I finish my fast
it was nice knowing you pastafriend and hotketchupbro

Are you getting enough sodium/potassium?
Are you getting enough sleep?
Are you drinking enough water?
and just a tip: next time you start your fast start on a friday lmao

updated, feedback welcome

Whats updated

reminder that vegetable oils are one of the greatest ills in modern diets, possibly only second to sugar

Some of the text on hard/soft dry fasting and what you're actually doing. Several tiles referencing the catabolic window and how to avoid it.
>lol spirit animals
>lol camel head

Also clarified the upper limit on potassium intake @4700mg daily and not 2 tsp of NoSalt (though it works out close enough)

I thought I could do it without potassium and on like 6 hours of sleep

>no fap soft dry fasting on ice
Fuckin lose it every time. I'm tempted to try this.

I'm cutting out caffeine on my fasts for the most part now, and going to start using snake juice. Have to break the fast tomorrow for a date with a 10, but I'll get right back on it after.

Fuck, fasting feels amazing.

Nope

rate my chocolate peanutbutter bacon

>450 cals
>2 g sugar
>kinda good.

Jesus, did it take me 8 days to get into ketosis?

whats your weight fatboy?

Your piss smell like juice at all?

Buy Nintendogs™ Switch'd in stores July 17

Abomination/10

Started around 220lbs. I'm 6'5''.
I haven't noticed any changes on it.

yeah you're overweight, it'll take you longer than lean people to get into keto. takes me around 3 days (after a big carb up day)
it tasted pretty good it just looked gross lol

I'm fat and for me it takes about 2 days for keto stick to be on medium(scale on the box) and after 3 days it's totally maxed out.

How do you do chocolate and only have 2g of sugar?

ok, I watched the video and I have a few questions if some of you guys are willing to spare some time.
My gf and I want to do a prolonged fast to shed off some fat. We never fasted before and I'd like to know if we should build up from a 24h fast to go longer and longer. Talks of hunger and cravings during the first few days tell me that this isn't the case, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences about this.
Also, I heard that fasting can wreak havoc on a woman's hormonal profile. Given that we mean to have kids down the line, this is a pretty big concern; could you point me to a study that could tell me more about it?

thats not a fucking kebab its some retarded kind of yiros/gyro/wrap
these are kebabs