What is Veeky Forums opinion on protein bars?

What is Veeky Forums opinion on protein bars?

And what is your favorite brand/flavor?

pure protein. everything else is either shit or too expensive.

I never had a protein bar in my life. What's the point of these? Do you happen to be Jewish?

optimally you should be eating your fucking food obviously, but they are good for the days u feel depressed, want to kill urself and have no appetite.

Expensive, on a cost per gram basis, but convenient.

I eat 3 bars plus a meal like the one I’m eating now for bulking

I buy the kirkland brand ones from costco bc money woo

Some of them taste fucking amazing. The Oh Yeah One bars are made with the same prebiotic fiber that Quest bars used to have and the flavors are great. My favorite by far is the peanut butter pie.

The peanut butter flavor tastes like cowshit

Quest bars as a treat, can't afford it all the time.

Sometimes it's hard to eat enough if you aren't in the mood, or too busy to cook.

>eating from a plastic container
enjoy your endocrine disruptors

Basically candy bars. Call it something else and you're deluded. Ok to eat if it fits macros, just don't delude yourself

SOY PROTEINS

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE GUYS

I GOT GYNO BECAUSE OF PROTEIN BARS

>All of the above
I'm on cycle and I have 2-3 bars a day, can't help myself

I like Oh Snap and Quest, but the Quest bars can be really hard to chew sometimes. But people say they taste good microwaved.

The only one I wouldn’t recommend is Pure Protein. I ate one of those after a workout and it made me throw up an hour or so later, which has never happened with any other bars I’ve eaten.

Quest bars are like better candy bars since at least you get the protein

Most of them use soy protein, fuck that shit

some use soy some don't buy the ones with no soy and I see no issue

Order from amazon on subscribe and save. Knocks the cost down to about a buck a bar.

Quest bars will damn near rip your teeth out and taste like shit.

I like the Promax Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, the Pure Protein are also good. I always have a bit of a sweet tooth after dinner and these make me feel a little better about eating something sweet.

Protip for y'all, watch out for glycerine and gelatine on the ingredients. They count as protein but have no nutritional value.

too high is carbs/sugar.

use protein powder in water as a post workout snack, eat real food for other meals.

>microwave dinner
>heated plastic touching food
not gonna make it

Buy some frozen veggies + chicken and potatoes and make your own. You can actually cook everything in the microwave from raw, but I recommend skillet chicken with butter or bacon grease as grease.

my nigga
just ordered 54 of them via amazon for $40

Never had the Oh Yeah One bars, but I love the regular ones.

I used to work in a factory that made them and would eat them whenever we could get a few boxes off the line (label misprint, product over or under weight, etc, etc). Some flavors kinda sucked and I ate them for free gains, but the chocolate flavors were fucking amazing. One tasted just like a regular snickers bar.

Quest bars have a really weird aftertaste ino
Cliff bars taste better but i cant eat them after finding out its all soy

this. usually have one of these and a yogurt for breakfast. no protein bars really taste that good but at least these are small and easy to eat for a quick 20g protein.

>Cliff bars
all sugar too dawg, stay away

"Protein bars" are candy bars sold as health food.