Will this plan help my fat ass

Hey /fit so i'm 330 lbs, 6'1 and 19 years old and started recently to give a fuck about my self. Began walking (running in bursts) a mile on a track and cutting back and dieting. Doing a 1000 calorie deficit a day to hopefully lose 2lbs a week and obviously drink water. Will this be effective for me or am I missing something? thanks.

No, you will quit and gain weight.

Look up Keto, look up your calorie needs and do the former while keeping 200-300 calorie below your needs.

up your protein, find your trigger foods that are easy for you to overeat and avoid them

i found that keto helped with my food addiction more than it helped with weight loss. actually cutting calories helped my weight loss.

You will hate every moment like that, will reach your target weight and go back. You need to make a permanent lifestyle change to keep the weight off.

that, too. find filling whole foods that you enjoy and can eat and prepare without effort. whole eggs, boiled potatoes, beans and lentils, chicken, vegetables, beef, etc. The more caloric ingredients a food product has, the more it should be avoided.

Agreed entirely, I am one of those food addicted fat guys. The addictions have to be taken care of first, then learn permanent eating habits.

It's a good plan I say. As long as you stick to it for 6 months to 1 year at least.

Also, consider lifting weights 3x a week so that when you actually lose the weight you don't look like a skeleton covered in skin.

Also consider doing keto. It helps curb your appetite a lot as your insulin isn't bouncing around after each meal.

Depends how hard you want to go.

>be 540lbs
>eat 800kcals / day
>lose 160 lbs in 7 months

It's not easy, it's pretty fucking terrible, but I'm doing whatever it takes.

What permanent changes do you recommend and I probably should of mentioned I have been doing intermittent fasting for a week.

Yeah, taking care of addiction is a great first step. Losing a few pounds can motivate, and then if you feel you need a break, work on the addiction aspect and just maintain your weight for a month or so. And then with what you learn from tackling food addiction, lose more weight.

Wow man that's fucking crazy grats on the 160. And also any tips. I'm going hard man. Or going to die trying. literally.

finding whole foods you can eat and prepare on the regs that are satisfying for you. most people find protein to be very satisfying, curbing hunger and cravings

also learning that there is a difference between saying "protein" on the label and actually being a good protein source.

bullshit like the pictured come to mind. 7g of protein is 28 calories (7g * 4cal /gram). So 28 / 210 calories are protein, yet is says "protein" in huge letters on the box. Fuck Big Food.

I'll look into it thanks.

Low carb helped me, it really does break that food addiction if you keep hard on it. I also found a good hot breakfast tea was enough to help keep hunger at bay, coffee works too but that shit gets me way too wired.

Get a good multi-vitamin, and some type of b12, it'll help especially if you run lower deficits.

>Low carb helped me, it really does break that food addiction if you keep hard on it

ketosis has a pretty interesting mind-calming effect, I can feel why it is used for seizure patients.

1. No liquid calories.
- Calories come as solids, liquids are for hydration.
-It is too easy to accidentally consume a few hundred to a few thousand extra calories that way.
-I made the mistake of protein shakes and it stopped my weight loss for months, because they don't help hunger.
2. Read the nutrition on everything you eat.
-Teaches you to follow macros and calorie count.
-Helps temper your instincts.
3. Weigh yourself in the morning after bathroom before shower.
-water weight shouldn't be as big a factor.
-Boosts you all day.
4. Keep cheat days rare.
-I did day before thanksgiving, thanksgiving, Christmas day and new years this year.
-Cheat days prevent you from breaking bad habits and teach you bad food is a reward.
5. Plan how many meals you are eating and stick to that.
-Snacking keeps you on the food=pleasure train.
6. Keep a calorie journal.

Thanks man I will look into doing this. People keep saying macros can you maybe enlighten me on the meaning of this?

>Two of the main ingredients are soy protein and sugar

Macros refer to macro-nutrients, the three types of things your body can make calories from.
Fat.
Carbohydrates.
Protein.

Of those you need a combination of protein and another. Carbs and fat are both easier to digest and serve less secondary functions so they are what you overeat, but you cannot burn protein without a supporting macro (see protein poisoning).

Over consumption of fat leads to strokes, liver problems and heart disease. Too many carbs and you get diabetes.