/fat/ - How's that New Years resolution?

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Confess

I'm a fat fuck who knows they need to change. I feel terrible everyday and I know a change in meal and habit will most likely help with but I have no motivation. I try one day and then fail. I need to do better.

craving a 'za again
will probably order it later this month

I went to Taco Bell after class and ate 2 beefy five layer burriots and 3 caramel apple empanadas instead of going to the gym as I planned

I involuntarily vomited and shivered my way from 240 lbs to 170 this last year. I finally have got it under control but look like shit and have all sorts of mood swings. That’s probably unrelated but it happens when I don’t eat for awhile. I still eat shit food just a lot less and no milk,fried,mushrooms,chips,chicken,candy,ice cream,or sugar.

I always feel like a pathetic cunt for trying to better myself. Sometimes all I can do is ball up and cry because no matter how hard I do anything I’m still going to be ugly. Then the thoughts of blowing my brains across the wall come back and high school memories come back. Guess I’m pretty fucked but maybe someone will get a lol or too at this shit.

I’m doing a calisthenics routine I found on reddit. Probably not going make it

Might want to see a doctor about that eating disorder.

My son

I gave in and bought memebit to sync with myfatasspal

I admit that I don't enjoy lifting at all and I can't be bothered to spend the time doing it "properly" when my main focus is on cutting calories (aka very slow and unrewarding gains). That being said, is there any benefit in just picking up some dumbbells and doing a few sets of compound movements before I begin my cardio training, if only to increase my metabolic rate and retain muscle mass I already have?

anyone here have any weight loss success doing OMAD?

the consensus over in /fast/ is that you shouldn't do OMAD for weight loss, but they're pretty anal about not doing anything CICO in general

>cardio

no.

Lost 3.3kg during the first week
Been going on a 30 min walk daily
Kept my calories under 2000 everyday

I'm gonna make it Veeky Forums

I have 2 McDoubles and a large coke zero (still within my calories) but still :/

What the fuck is wrong with cardio

Did it one week, lost ten lbs in one week. But lost all my motivation to diet as well. Now I'm doing OMAD again. Wanna do it for a month straight. But we'll see. I'm on my first day. It was a good first day. Haven't eaten anything besides dinner. I'll try to keep you guys updated on my progress.

Nothing wrong with that mate.

user you should really really really REALLY consider getting "in" to proper lifting. Weight loss, cardio, and lifting are the perfect triangle if you will for becoming your best. I've seen guys post on /fat/ who did only calorie counting and cardio and technically they made it but without muscle they looked like an even sadder sack of sag than at least having some muscle.

Had 2 drinks tonight (which I properly journaled) but then snacked some when I got home. I don't think I ate over maintenance though since I'm at a 1,200 calorie deficit

I was very surprised how good the calories and macros were in them desu

I stuck to a proper lifting routine for 2 months and stalled within 6 weeks. It's difficult to motivate myself to do something so mindnumbing and unrewarding when I'm also fasting/running/schooling/studying/working on top of that. Fug. Wish this shitty ass military dorm had enough room for a homegym.

no cheats, you fat fucks. confessing will do nothing to them since you all air your disgusting laundry in an already putrid room.

get a fucking grip, man.

I think I've only now lost the weight from the holiday season.

i ate two of those Turtles chocolates today

why cant I stop eating? Why do I have no self control? I just eat from boredom/sadness and it's an infinite loop. I just crave the feeling of eating literally anything so I keep almost no food in my apartment.

On 1200cals a day, and I haven't taken a shit since Saturday. I take Metamucil for fiber regularly too. What's wrong with me?

Who /cronometer/ here?

I'm not fat I just wanted to say I had a fart that turned out to be a tiny shart earlier and thought I pooped myself but it stayed in between my ass cheeks long enough for me to get to the toilet.

Gained 2 pounds over the holidays.
I'm hoping to have lost them again by the end of the week.

Can’t quit sweet drinks. Idk what to do

Diet version of everything.

I tried eating less, but I don't really care anymore.

I feel empty, I don't know what to do.

stevia liquid sweetener

I'm only losing .3 to .5 pounds a week. I'm 188 pounds right now.

You're stupid if you can't get all the fiber you need from eating real food

My diet is fine as long as i eat absolutely nothing tomorrow to make up for how much I snacked out today

73 pounds down lads. I'm gonna make it

We're all gonna make it

No shit. Skinny people dont have to pinch calories and that 400 kcal sugary sip wont change anything for them.

this user is right though, i mean u could just focus on the weight loss only then lift into normy fit status then keep going. but in all seriousness its hell to reach your 3rd goal weight and still look fat for the most part, its seriously disappointing and at the end ur litteraly a skelly. imo lifting while cutting will take a little more time but from your posts id imagine that during ur stall you were still losing weight. which if true would mean that u were lifting the same weights at a smaller size which in and of itself is progress because u were able to keep functional strength while losing fat and at a tipping point ud be at a place where ud me considered normy fit. where you could simply start a slow recomp into your final form.

>t. ex fatlet(5'6"), now 70kg trex .75/1.25/3/3.25 in 9 months of work

cut em down, how many do you drink a day? do one less a day for a week, then one more, and one more until you're happy

For the first time in months I have nothing to confess. Thank you for shaming all my previous mistakes.
I think I'm on the fast track to making it now.

Dopamine release.

Went into the month of december just over 270, kept a steady pace of ~1000-1100 calories / day, depending on the week thanks to meal prepping.

But I'm getting so tired of my meal prep, and I can't find anything to change it up that isn't chicken. I'm feeling myself give in brothers

Currently at 253, been stalled here since new years.

Do keto

have a cheat day and keep doing what youre doing

What said
Eat everything you want that isn't carbs, just keep up the cal restriction. Weight falls off quick this way.
You can eat whatever meat you want (including bacon) and fatty, salty foods are even recommended. If you know how to cook within the limits of 0-15g carbs a day and a decent calorie restriction, every day feels like a cheat but the weight still goes away like nothing.

So I've finally decided to try and lose weight before I hit the obesity marker for my height range, but I'm curious about one thing: I'm a poorfag and can't afford a gym membership, so is home exercise viable at all?

I'd be willing to try, my main concern is mostly cost at that point, mostly because of how cheap rice is, which made up a bulk of my meal prep.

Yeah calisthenics are great but I doubt you can do any pushups or the like. Don't try to do cardio at all either. Just slim down and start working out when your BMI is near 25

Ok, so all of the festivities have passed and i'm back to browsing /fat

>starting weight 330lbs
>dec 1st 224
>weight today 235

I'm sad but i honestly though i was gonna see 240+ on the scale, i was also on low carb so i'm hoping some of that is water weight, anyways i'm back at it again and very exited to reach 180 by next december

How did you fatties do with the whole Christmas thing?

Gained nothing, lost nothing. Then again I'm not even fat so I'm not necessarily as sad from seeing no progress.

This fat fuck drinks like 12 Diet Cokes a day

Boyfriend made some cake the other day and damn right I ate some of it when I had gone to the gym, no regrets. Gotta reduce calories a little today though

How long does keto take to kick in? I might be able to do it for a short time, but it'll be hard as I quite like carbs.

Usually about two to three days as that's how long your body can store glycogen. You can accelerate the process by exercising but don't overdo it as you'll feel lethargic until keto kicks in and you start getting energy back.

Felt amazing on keto. Fell back into eating carbs anyway. I've made many good changes to my diet as a result, but I miss how good I felt that first week.

Hmm honestly it seems a lot more expensive when I'm cooking for myself, and I'm running fairly short on money. I'll probably give it a miss and just keep counting.

Dunno if I could stick to no carbs for a prolonged time anyway, and since I'm trying to make lifestyle changes, doesn't seem conducive.

First week on 1200kcal after 3 month break. Before break - 138lbs, after - 149lbs [I'm a not so tall girl, so it's a lot], want to lose ~29lbs in this year. Because I have problem with knees my usually exercises are only walking and swimming. Should I try to go to the gym?

Oh yeah that's a great experience. I did a 124 hour water fast before and I was like a walking deity on the final stretch. I haven't done it in a while though because the first couple days suck dick, especially the hunger pangs on the first.

Do it, gym is always good, just start working out on machines to lessen the risk of injuring yourself. For cardio go swimming too, since you share the same problem with other fatties - risk of knee injury.

You're right, keto and fasting specifically are good for bodybuilders cutting and shaving off those last few pounds quickly. Smart move to focus on permanent diet changes but easing up on the carb intake is never a bad thing.

Coming from a poorfag, it doesn't have to be. The fattier meats that diet prefers tend to be cheaper anyway, and you can save quite a bit of money by buying and freezing vegetables yourself. Use coupons where relevant: IE Kroger sends members generic coupons like "$2 off $10 of meat."

Don't get overwhelmed by "exotic" ingredients and replacement recipes. It's an expensive rabbit hole no one needs. Despite that, I do recommend psyllium powder as a good thickener if you prefer saucy dishes. Gives a nice, gelatinous texture with a very small amount.

Also, maybe don't eat 3+ avocados in one day, unless you want acid fart.

Meat and vege are expensive as fuck here, so honestly it would basically be the same as going vegetarian. Pretty hard to get things like chicken breast for under $2-3 a breast. Ground beef is like $12 a kg.

I'm in the twilight of /fat/ and Veeky Forums and I belong nowhere.

Most people on keto don't go for breasts. How much do thighs cost?

You're in P U R G A T O R Y

It's the alcoholism holding me back from /makingit/

Boneless are similar. Bone in are a little cheaper, but still like $2 a thigh probably.

Any keto queers got images for recipes? I did keto back in the day ( modified atkins) and went from 320 to 180 but in the last decade i ballooned back to 235. Need help.

Fucking hate this mindset. Every lift is a step towards a better body. Even if the progress is slow, even if you stall, the weights being lifted affects your body. Every strain is a step forward.

Sure, dont lift, but dont take the easy way out and say it isnt "rewarding"

I have zero recipe images, but I have this:
>ground beef, browned
>water
>thickener, like arrowroot or psyllium powder
>sesame oil
>rice vinegar
>soy sauce
>splenda/other sweetener
Mix that all into the cooked beef. Dump it on a bed of iceberg or stuff a wrap with it. Or be a pig like me and eat it right out of the frying pan.

Can use balsamic vinegar and some Splenda brown sugar blend instead if you have the carbs to spare.

Shouldn't have to, but amending that the beef should continue to be cooked as the sauce ingredients are added.

It is going gr8 so far, daily walks and no more soda or junk food

>weights and cardio for a year
>zero weight loss

>just eating less without weights and cardio
>-6kg in a month

Why is my metabolism so fucked up nigga

Finally got diagnosed today turns out my right hand is all kinds of messed up. My hand has the ulna negative variance and its also rotated in a weird way that caused way more pressure on my wrist than is normal causing arthritis at an early age.
Scheduled an appointment with a surgeon in early march, its likely that he will suggest surgery.
Turns out not only i'm a fat piece of shit but also genetically messed up. Also not allowed to lift not that i could with the pain... I really should just neck myself desu

>broke my fast at 17.5 hours with 4 peanutbutter sandwiches because I'm so fucking hungry

Because no one burns as much exercising as they think they do.

Currently in half year holiday, spending all day at home, not eating shit and dropping weight.

I have no fucking idea what I'm going to do when school starts again.

>soy
>soy
>soy

No more soy

>500g of bread
>300g of cream cheese
>100g of salami
>1l of milk

After a 50h or so water fast, I started to have a "feeling" where my liver is. I've started to eat again after that and it's been while, I'm fine.

What could've that been, Can I do a water fast again?

I just wanted to say you "people" are disgusting

either lose that weight or kill yourselves, lardies

/fat/ is for weight gainers, fuck off.

You have fphs
We have /fat/

Go to fucking AA, do something about it before it ruins anymore of what little life you have left. Tell me user, what has it taken from you so far?

No images, but check out KetoConnect and Ruled.Me. there's also some decent stuff from r/ketorecipes
>inb4 plebbit

Any way to stop that? Or to get my fix from another source?

>SW 301.6
> CW 187.6
After 3 days I've lost only .2 lbs. I'm hoping to be 185 by Saturday.

did 20 minutes of cardio then 5x5 stronglifts
gonna have a keto five guys burger for lunch

Alot of chocolate

I know you aren't supposed to weigh yourself every day, I have an *official* weigh-in every Saturday morning for my log but I end up doing it every morning anyway. I FINALLY hit the 230s! Never mind it's 239 but when I actually hit 230 it will actually be 100 pounds lost. God damn.

Keep it going man. It should only be a few weeks until that milestone.

I posted in the last thread near the end and got some good replies, so I'll post in this one too.

Alright boyos, I need some help.

>male, 275 lbs, 5'7", sick of my shitty body
I've been doing basic cardio, primarily walking, 3-5 times a week since October. It's fuckin cold out right now where I am, so it's harder to keep getting out there. It feels good to run in the cold, but it's like -20F sometimes with wind. I know, I know. I shouldn't be making excuses.
I don't have a gym within half an hour of my house though, so I need to make due. I got a few basic weights I keep at my house, they're just 8lb dumbbells. I lift those and run up and down my stairs when I can't convince myself to get outside.
I only drink water, and occasionally black coffee that I make myself. I've cut out all fast food, except for maybe pizza once a month.
My diet consists of primarily chicken, pork, beef, and some fish. Lots of veggies, lots of fruit, and lots of water. I was 290 lbs in August, I'm down to 275 now.

So. How am I doing, what can I do better, and what should I add on?

I'm looking into getting a treadmill to have for when I want to run. I'm scared to run right now. At least outside. There isn't room in my place to do more than a few feet of running at a time.
It's not that my joints are bad, I just haven't done any running since... I don't know, grade 8? I can't remember. I really want to start jogging and running.

I'm so tired of being the way I am.

It doesnt matter. There is a lot of tumbling on the road to success. What matters is are you motivated enough to go to the gym the next day and on top of your usual workout to do something extra so in 2 weeks that taco bell didny happen. Even if you dont add a anything just continue to struggle. When the changes come you're going to ask yourself why didnt i do that earlier and that will hurt a lot more than all the damn hours you put in the gym sweating. Whatever you do dont stop going towards success no matter how many times you fall down what matters is the times you get up.

Oh, ok. I thought about loosing some weight [like 8-10lbs] before gym, but I probably start sooner.

join a gym, and if you cant run start walking and gradually raise the pace
also lift

Gained 25 pounds friend. I'm a mess