Has 'being yourself" ever worked for you Veeky Forums?

Has 'being yourself" ever worked for you Veeky Forums?

yes. i grew to about 6"2' in highschool (about 13) and girls just started liking me.

Yes, more and more. The more I've relaxed and started being honest with myself and about myself, the more friends I seem to make and the more people want to hang out with me. Also, I'm a lot calmer now. I think it's because I stopped going against my nature and stopped always worrying if people would accept me or not.

This. Being myself and aspiring to be more social and friendly without pretending to be someone else is the only thing that's worked for me.

You know people mean to be the best version of yourself and not fake shit, right?

yes, but i'm also conventionally attractive.

Yeah. But it probably wouldn't work if I was an ogre or something.
A cute smile and bright blue eyes, combined with my personality not being that of a retard, works wonders.

Always been myself had only few times sex in my life

Better than most. I know virgins out there with awesome personalities and fit. Sometimes is just the right place and time to get laid

Yea it has.
>be confident at work
>make jokes, people think I'm funny
>girl at work starts flirting me, getting personal conversations
>she knows she can't go anywhere with it because I've already got a gf

Feels...good?

never. im actually an awful human being

i just took a shower and got a haircut and now i have a VS model like gf

Yes.
Girls were really into my whole cute and quirky personality. As well as my physical traits, especially my height.

And so were guys, because many guys mistook me for a very tall girl because of my androgynous appearance.

I am now married with my girlfriend of 17 years now and I am very happy with my life.

Yes. Everyone loves me which is weird, because I have always been a mean, standoffish, insensitive prick.

My only social interaction comes from my only friend/roommate and the events/parties she occasionally invites me to. Everyone I meet apparently asks if I can come out. Thing is, I'm indifferent-to-dislike everyone but her, and prefer to stay in and watch/listen/read morbid and spooky stuff.

>tfw no gf because antisocial prick
>tfw if I had gf I'd probably dump her within a month
>tfw really want a gf though

No.

In fact, life has only gotten decent now that I learned to suppress my real personality and be what people expect me to be.

For years I kept the illusion that people could like and respect me for who I am and that only lead to loneliness and self-loathing. Every time I felt like I was making progress and being accepted and liked as who I am I soon realised I was just kept around as laughing stock, a punching bag, the weirdo that everyone mocks as soon as he leaves the room.

Then I decide to just give up, create a character that says the right things, has the right hobbies, the right opinions, the right body language, the right attitude, acts the right way, has the right sense of humor and so on, and now I just play that character. Life has become so, so much better, it's the difference between night and day. People treat you better, they want to be around you, they offer you opportunities and trust you as one of their own.

I should be feeling sad and empty, but I'm not. I've become very stoic about it. I'm almost starting to believe my own fantasies too, so who cares. Maybe this is what everyone has been doing all along and I'm just a late bloomer.

I've lied to every girl I've ever been with

what did you do to become this new person?

>Has 'being yourself" ever worked for you Veeky Forums?
well im a pussy when it comes to women - asking them out, flirting with the ones i like.
they try really hard to like me despite this, but i keep on being me... :(

>tfw you head/height mog Gandy himself

This. You can't change who you are, so find people who want to be around the real you, not whatever mask you want to wear.

It works in the rare cases where yourself is already what you need to be, which is a surprising amount of cases for someone without mental illness.

I don’t know what “yourself” is. I have know idea who I am. Help

is gandy the beta in this picture?

Ask yourself: What do I want?
Then define yourself around those desires.
If you don't want anything, well... may want to expand your horizons my man.

This
I've kept trying to avoid "jus b urself" since probably late middle school and have since tried adjusting my personality based off who I am hanging out with, am 24 now. I don't know anymore.

Pretty much if you faggots dont learn to love yourself your always gonna be faggots. Self love and loving who you are that is.

it means being the best you can be. not be a failure loser who never does anything. thats not real you

Yes. He got mogged into oblivion

Same user but just to add onto this.
I think doing this gets people to like me, I am invited out often, people come to me for their problems and confide in me, I make can them laugh, they seem to have fun around me. No gf but I get my dick wet every now and then.

I feel fucking miserable and isolated.

Holy fuck first picture I've seen Gandy getting mogged, and by an Asian Chang no less. Post more Gandy mogs, feels good knowing even a 10 has someone better than him.

David Gandy: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

Hu Bing: 6 ft 2.4 in (1.890 m)

Gandy is height frauding

>be myself all the time
>be loud, arrogant, dismissive, thrill seeking
>mistaken for extraverted confidence
>girls come to realize there is nothing beyond that

Gandy is old as fuck, keep coping. Prime gandy mogged this goddamnrd chink inyo the dirt.

only when my good friends around,
When they're around i turn into my true self
>be at party
>buds are there
>beast is unleashed
>have 4 girls in the corner all sitting around me
>black girl is (surprisingly) the hottest one
>tell some racist ass jokes
>ask her if "she's down with the swirl"
>make out with her

I've always been told fake it til you make it, and I did for a while after I started uni until that became my new identity. But then I fucked myself and my brain up and went back to worse than square one, it's always a constant uphill battle but I know it can be done

There isn't a large amount of people that can mogg Gandy.