CICO

In your view, how true is CICO?

Can you "CICO" your way to ~15% body fat?

bump for interest

Yes. Stop eating and you lose weight. Woahhhhh

God damn read the sticky you fucking faggot

I'm unsure anymore since I've started browsing /fast/, and in my own experience I've done CICO but my weight has stalled out. Trying out 2 24-hour fasts per week currently.

counting the calories you expend is the strategy that fat people use to lie to themselves so they can eat more and stay fat

It's absolutely true.

People just forget there's a fair number of variables on both ends and no way to be 100% accurate with measuring.

CICO is true by vacuously so. CI and CO are not independent variables. Decreasing CI tends to decrease CO. Different macros and types of food will have different effects on CO even if CI is held constant. Estimating your CO is extremely difficult outside a metabolic chamber and it only takes a few percentage points of error to completely abolish a targeted deficit. The "Nutrition Facts" label on food can as much as 20% inaccurate with regard to calorie count.

Here's an interesting thought experiment: given a pound of fat is ~3,500 calories, if you eat 20 extra calories a day then you expend, you will gain more than 40lbs in two decades, which is equivalent of going from a healthy weight to obese for people of average height.

So yes, if you consume less calories than you expend, you must and will lose weight. But thinking you can treat it like an accounting problem is beyond idiotic. Targeting caloric deficits in the range of hundreds of calories is error-prone and nearly impossible. You must endure a semi-starvation diet (e.g. 1,000+ calorie deficit) to guarantee weight loss. This will also guarantee the negative metabolic adaptations to starvation: lean tissue loss, chronic hunger, dismal hormone production, hair loss, poor mood, low energy, cold, etc.

You're better off finding a way of eating (e.g. intermittent fasting) with a macro composition that blunts these negative adaptations while promoting lipolysis of body fat. Leave calorie counting to the morons.

CICO is true but* vacuously so

Recalculate your TDEE then. In other words:

READ THE FUCKING STICKY FAGGOT

6'4" at 210 lbs and eating less than 1500 per day with no change for 3 months

is there a guide to IF somewhere? How do I know Im not accidentally eating over my caloric limit when im doing IF?

>You're better off finding a way of eating (e.g. intermittent fasting) with a macro composition that blunts these negative adaptations while promoting lipolysis of body fat. Leave calorie counting to the morons.
I'm /keto/ and even I think you're a fucking moron.

>don't count your calories
>just eat as much as you want with the right macro percentages
>not like your inability to control food intake is what got you fat in the first place

90% of weight loss happens in the kitchen, not the gym. Anyone who says otherwise is talking out their ass

Well said user

Then you're not eating less than 1500 a day.

I'm pretty sure you can remedy the hormone production, hair loss and poor mood with supplements.
On my low cal (~500 each day) keto diet I've been doing for 3 months, I supplement zinc, magnesium and vitamin D. My hair hasn't thinned out at all, my mood is perfectly fine (if not better due to my progress) and I've had blood tests showing me my hormones are relatively unchanged.
I wish I could fix the rest of those symptoms, but I guess everything's a trade off. The cold and lean tissue loss are especially annoying, but the results so far outweigh the cons in my opinion.

Isn't it funny when people want to do IF or normal full day fasts after "CICO fails"?
What do you think fasting is if not calorie restriction?
By the way CICO works, the main thing is you also want to make your calories from proper macronutrients. Eg. keep protein high, etc

Fasting is a more intense version of calorie restriction and comes with its own positive and negative consequences seperate from traditional CICO. Autophagy is a big one that comes to mind.
It's like comparing touch football to tackle football. The game is essentially the same, but there are exclusive rewards for people willing to take on the exclusive risks.

CICO is true for weight loss, fat loss is more complicated

>eat 1000 calories worth of shit
>lose muscle mass
>bodyfat% increases

Well done user

>20 extra calories a day
>gain 40lbs in 20 years

I'm not sure if you mean what I think but it doesn't work like that.

That weight gain won't be infinite and weight gained needs to be sustained as well, more weight increases heart rate in movement, et cetera. People don't "accidentally" go from normal to obese on a 20 calorie surplus. If weight gain was that sensitive and in this case volatile, we would have 2000lb cunts all over.

That's part reason why you don't see 2000lb Amerimutts and thank god we don't

>exclusive rewards
Shitty analogy, m8, since tackle football's only rewards are brain damage, joint problems, and snap city.

>how true are the laws of thermodynamics?
Breh