Plateau

So I've lost 80lbs in the last 8 months, mostly from playing roller derby. There is some strength training involved but it's mostly through free weights. I have not lost any weight/inches in the past month. I'm 155 5'5 and 30 years old. I would like to lose another 5lbs and start getting lean. Where do I go from here... Should I start weight training? Should I stop doing so much cardio? I get a good 10 hours of hard cardio through practice every week, could this much cardio be holding me back? Any help would be appreciated.

Nice gyno

Send ass pics
Also change your diet up

u goan git tossed around the rink of u lose much more weight
start squatting and power cleaning
HIIT for conditioning

Keeping doing exactly what you're doing but eat less, unless you're gassed and have zero energy, then just accept the body weight you are because nutrients are more important anyway

I literally had to Google that... But thanks my tits are a little compressed in my sports bra but I'm glad you like them. I also appreciate the useless comment that had nothing to offer to this post... keep it classy dude.

Yeah, you just have to cut more calories out of your eating diet, if your goal is weight loss. Strength training might be good to maintain the gains you've made and not end up as a weakling.

Well I don't eat but two meals a day, my doctor after 5 years of being on adderall upped my dose and it's messing with my appetite. I need to eat more because I get very lightheaded at practice and I crash hard after 3 hours of skating. Do you thi k the adderall is affecting my weight lose? Should I eat a huge breakfast before taking my meds? I'm so close to my weight goal and it sucks.

I get maybe 1200 calories a day but that's on the high side. Should I just say fuck it if I puke I puke and up my calories?

Lol believe it or not I'm one of the strongest blockers with some of the hardest hits we have at our home league and we have some big girls. I grew up wrestling in school while these girls did nothing like that so I know how to use my weight.

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

That's very sweet of you and I appreciate your concern for my feelings, I really am. But I've heard it all before.

That being said I want to change not for my looks but to benefit my performance in roller derby. I want to be lean, to make those jumps and to Sprint ahead of the pack on the drop of a dime, to move laterally and make it look easy. I'm just looking for some input on how to get out of this plateau I'm in and to start building the muscle i need to dominate in my league.

For you

Just replied to a meme, I'm afraid. =P

At this point it's a matter of diet and continued emphasis on dropping that last 5. Focus in micros and contents of what you're eating, and maybe lift just a bit more because muscle weighs more than fat. But always remember, 6 packs are made in the kitchen.

Nah, 1200 is pretty low, and I wouldn't safely go lower than that.

Ultimately, you have a lot of the sort of fat that takes a really long time to shed. The good thing is that because only hard cuts quickly get rid of that fat, you can go on slower diets (e.g. 300-500 below TDEE rather than 700+ below); the bad thing is that, again, it's going to take a long damn time to burn the fat.

The big thing is that you simply won't be losing weight at a 10 lbs per month rate anymore (unless you put it all back on).

>I
>Am
>A
>GUURRRLLL
Please kill yourself man. Why are subpar women always seeking validation on here? You're ugly and fat. Stop trying to ask a bunch of virgins to tell you otherwise.

>t doesn't even meme
Also nice gyno fag

Yeah I've seen it posted a million times I just like being sarcastic.

I like that a lot "a 6 pack is made in the kitchen" but how would I increase my food intake without causing weight gain from eating so little for so long? Would I have to increase my workout as well?

Why are women so Low IQ?

It was gained by pregnancy and has been on me for a little over a year. These last few lbs are killing me. Where do I draw the line on lifting? Should I do it more than cardio? Will lifting help burn the 5lbs?

Change up your diet, research what could work for you, and try using MyFitnessPal to really break down what's going on with what you're eating.

But the other user is right, having gone from weighing a lot to weighing a loooot less, the first pounds just shed off, but when you start getting to the nitty gritty and really near what the ideal weight is, it gets a lot more difficult, especially if your body is used to a much larger size.

How much do you weigh?

Also you’re probably counting calories wrong. Get a food scale, scan barcodes with MFP and do it properly.

Theres nothing more depressing than a troll who has no actually reason to troll a post. It's like you're so bored and lonely you have to pick on people to get a response because you realize how much of a loser you are and that you couldn't hold a valuable conversation to save your life. Honestly it's sad and I'm sorry that your that lonely and desperate for attention. I have a 7 year old boy who acts up when he wants my attention so I understand the emotions your going through honey. If you need to talk about how mommy is not loving you enough you go right ahead I'm all ears.

Im 155 and I use to use myfitnesspal and did daily logs but when I hit 160 I stopped. I'm not gaining nor losing weight and I feel very tired/week and lightheaded after a workout.

Any meals that you would recommend? Something a little high in calories so I don't have to eat multiple times a day?

That's the thing it's not really use to the size I was at, in fact it killed my knees and joints. 75lbs melted off with little effort I'm just wondering how much of a change do I need and would lifting be the right choice for burning these last few lbs off?

Lemme tell ya, I know exactly how you feel. I used to weigh 300+ pounds, lost it down to 195, and yeah, those first few pounds just.. FLEW off...

Honestly, I'm only now getting back into it because due to a really, REALLY manipulative and painful relationship and breakup I basically depressed ate/drank all the weight back on.

How I lost the final weight the last time, though, was I basically just really watched what I ate, and yeah, busted my ass more at the gym. I messed my knees up too by running so many miles a day(a head on collision didn't help the knees much either).

So, my advice would be to not necessarily reduce the calories of what you're taking in, if anything increase them for the energy you're going to need to work out more. Get into lifting to get more muscle to assist in the burn, but maintain the cardio as that will be your best asset, right after adjusting your diet.

Yeah I'm not looking to cut calories and I agree I need to eat more but since I have been eating so little will I gain a bunch of weight by increasing my intake? That's what I'm worried about, that rebound weight getting put back on by eating more. Will my body just burn the food or will it store it since I'm lacking the nutrients I need from maintaining a poor eating habit?

Glad you are back on track, stress/emotional pain sucks and can kick you where it counts.

As long as you're using your body effectively, you'll be fine. You don't want to lose this last bit of weight as quickly as you lost the first round, it's going to bite you in the ass if you do.

Your body may initially gain that weight back, but by adjusting it back to a healthier eating routine along with a varied work out schedule, you should be fine. Besides, even if you "gain the weight back", weight can fluctuate between like 3-7 pounds a day.

Once you're able to relieve yourself of obsessing over the scale, you'll be able to really achieve greater goals, especially if you're looking to become a bad ass compact power house in derby.

Do you know where you are?

There’s your issue. You need to relax on your diet for a couple weeks for your metabolisms sake, better yet eat at maintenance for two weeks.

The golden rule that has always worked perfectly for me is body weight x 15 for maintenance and x 12 for cutting.

You should be eating 1860 calories a day but your body is in starvation mode since your deficit has been so low and your activity high.

My favorite meal is 60 grams of cheese, 150ish grams of chicken, 30 grams of spinach and 135 grams of rice, then one tablespoon of butter. I cook the chicken separately and throw the spinach in once it’s done cooking. This is 1000 calories, you could of course use less cheese and rice, making it how ever many calories you’d like.

It's not a diet, I never go on a diet but it's just a habit, I have 3 kids so I don't have time to eat in the morning. I'm going to college and don't eat out, and by the time dinner comes around I eat enough to make the pain go away. I've been like this for years (just not during pregnancy and that's why I gained sooooo much weight when I became pregnant), I've made it a habit to skip meals because of my schedule.
But I really want this so I guess I need to take your advice and eat more. Thank you for your explanation it was very easy to understand and I think you gave me the answer I was looking for.
I will probably start slow by adding a few hundred calories every other day until I get to 1800. It also looks like I'll be lifting along with cardio. Thank You!

No and I'm scared please help me find my safe place.

You should take a week off cardio and do a hard cut like PSMF or at least keto.
Then go back to cardio and eat at mantienance for a couple weeks.
Then another PSMF week and so on.

It'll be easier that way.

>Expecting legitimate advice from a Lithuanian toenail collector enthusiasts livejournal