/fast/ #82 - /fast/ until you're not /fat/ edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day (THESE ARE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED VALUES. YOU MAY CONSUME WAY LESS THAN THAT)
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day (THESE ARE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED VALUES. YOU MAY CONSUME WAY LESS THAN THAT)
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.de/itm/Kaliumchlorid-Kaliumsalz-in-Lebensmittelqualitaet-Diaet-Salzersatz-KCL-E508-/222387567915?nav=SEARCH
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for fasting for less than 3 days isnt really a fast

any proofs?

On my second day currently, hoping for 9 days. And then I'll take it day by day. I'm also not adding salt to my water my stomach is already fucked with reflux and such so just plain water thx

Good luck, man.

It's 8pm in my planet and I'm 70 hours into a fast. I'm planning break it (with keto for ~3 days, then resume fast) so I can work out tomorrow. Is it a good idea to start eating tonight, or just wait until tomorrow morning?

I find that breaking my fast abruptly with large portions causes me to get the shits, so I'm considering breaking my fast tonight with an avocado/coconut milk/MCT smoothie, so when I wake up tomorrow my stomach is prepared for a bigger meal that I can use to fuel my workout. Good idea?

Hey guys, I've got the flu. Is this a good time to fast? Should I look out for anything in specific?
Thanks

Don't fast while being sick unless you want to die.

fast but do it live pls

My first fast was 72hrs and I got some decent results (2kg of pure fat gone and finally went down from 100kg in ages), but recently I've attempted 72hrs twice or thrice and I always pussied out halfway through.

My weight is fluctuating a shit ton as a result, so do you guys suppose I'm making at least SOME progress or am I just basically wasting my time?

TDEE was at around 2800 last time I checked

shut your arrogant face before someone ends your real fast with his dick

i fasted during my last flu. it took less than two days for me to get back on track, feeling fine as fuck. i can only speak for myself, i am a beast, i dont know about you.

Just finished a seven day fast and wasn't expecting my poops to be so hard. I guess just from not eating the older poop got kinda stuck. My shit this morning was like pooping a rock.

finished my longest fast yesterday, 87hrs water only (fuck dry fasting). i really thought i could beat 4 days this time... i wasnt hungry but that fucking brain pressure again... I lost at least 4-5 kg.

broke it with 2 big macs, french fries, 2l of good german bear. first thing i noticed was how shitty everything tasted. the burgers tasted sour, the fries were dull (salt was amazing tho), the bear was bitter as fuck. finished all with a bar of chocolate and another beer.

that was around 17hrs ago, the last time i ate. finished my workout, not hungry, feeling god as shit. i am not sure if i eat today or not. what gives, if i feel bloated i can just waterfast again.

when water fasting any alternative to snake juice i.e just drink 2.5l instead of 1 - also any vitamins to take on a month long water fast?

forgot that i am completely empty again. all that sour mess left my body this morning. thats probably the most important part of my shitty story

> 2l of good german bear
> the bear was bitter as fuck

>broke it with 2 big macs, french fries, 2l of good german bear
When I finish a fast I have to start eating again really slow, even a 4 day one. I don't know how the fuck you got all that down.

a fuck i cought the second but not the first
what happens if you dont? i get runny shit afterwards but that is actually what i try to accomplish

Finally clicked one of these threads. Would a fast be a good way to transition from bulk to cut?

Well, you burn fat faster than a calorie-restricted diet and your body maintains muscle mass, so...

Why are you trying to get diahrrea?

guy sounds like he has an eating disorder desu.

the body is trying to eject the food and doesnt bother with getting all the nutrients out of it. so i get my fix but still avoid most of the kcals
probably, when i feel bloated. self hate is giving me motivation and strength to reach my goals. i kinda made peace with it.

I'm in Yurup and it's exceptionally hard to get my hands on a potassium salt. I've tried three stores and a pharmacy. The pharmacist looked at me funny and said that my heart would more or less explode if I took a gram of potassium a day.

All I have here is a pill supplement of 400mg of magnesium with 350g of potassium. I realized the reason I was feeling like shit (lightheaded, fatigued) was way too much sodium with no potassium. Currently 47 hours in tho

Anyone have any experiences with this?

Approaching 4 day mark, and I just want to eat something, not because I'm hungry, I just want to taste food again. Promised myself to go on for 7 days, how do you guys keep motivating yourself on those long fasts ?

I was also wondering about this. Where in yurop user?

I am from Bulgaria and I just bought myself potassium capsules

>The pharmacist looked at me funny and said that my heart would more or less explode if I took a gram of potassium a day.
>"I am glad, you are amused, Mr. Pharmacy. Now please proceed with my purchase request."

Not that hard.

Some mineral salts have varying degrees of potassium in them. I found "Jozo light salt" has 70% potassium and 30% sodium. So ~6,6g of light salt is 4700mg potassium and 2000mg sodium. (not exact, but you get the idea)

I bought it off eBay for 8€ a kg

m.ebay.de/itm/Kaliumchlorid-Kaliumsalz-in-Lebensmittelqualitaet-Diaet-Salzersatz-KCL-E508-/222387567915?nav=SEARCH

I informed her about the supplement and she said that would be enough. I just took one of the pills and felt better within minutes. Go figure.

I can't find any equivalent sources in central Europe, could be a failure to Google. I'll keep looking

Food is such a temporary satisfaction, it lasts for literally 20 minutes or so and then you are left wanting again. It seems to me like a shitty trade.

>m.ebay.de/itm/Kaliumchlorid-Kaliumsalz-in-Lebensmittelqualitaet-Diaet-Salzersatz-KCL-E508-/222387567915?nav=SEARCH
Thanks user, that's perfect.

or cure it. since you know. fasting actually helps against minor diseases

Maybe it's different for other people, but there are few things in life that give me the same satisfaction as good food. Which is why I got fat in the first place.

Does anyone experience nausea when fasting?

Woke up this morning and dry heaved twice. This is after ~24 hrs dry fasting + 12 hrs with ~500 mL pure water.

Is this a known side effect of losing electrolytes? The water I drank wasn't salted.

I am a decent faster and can normally get thru 48 hrs fast no problem with snakejuice. Though at my last attempt at 72 hrs, I felt the same nausea ~65 hrs in.

Oh me too. I completely know the struggle. I love eating, I even specifically travel for food. But in order for us to enjoy food guilt free we need to have the discipline to be able to maintain our weight - be it through extended fasts or just IF even. Fasts are great for losing weight, but once you maintain you can do OMAD or even 16:8. It has to be sustainable. Something you can do for years. So these long fasts are a short term thing, then you gotta find the long term thing. Right now you should find motivation through how strong you are and how even if you ate, the satisfaction would be fleeting. A few more days, then LIGHTLY refeed yourself and transition into something like OMAD or 16:8. Then if you need to lose more, in another few weeks you can do another fast.

around the 3-4 days mark is when you lose your cravings completely , at least that's how it was for me and many others

Alright, first day into my 7 day fast. I did a weeklong fast last month that burned off 19 pounds. I'm hoping to see similar progress with this one.

>Currently 270lbs at 5'11

I was doing 16/8 before snake fasting, I won't have a big problem transitioning into one of those IF schedules, I'll consider OMAD once I lose enough weight snake fasting.
I'm almost at 4 days mark and the cravings are only getting stronger, I had no urges 2nd and 3rd day, but today it's killing me.

Thanks for the honesty and not trying to come up with some bullshit answer to justify it!

All these new studies on fasting showed me that I don't really know shit about nutrition, and the scientific community also doesn't for the most part. I'm reevaluating everything. I always saw diahrreas as something bad for you that should be avoided, but now I don't even know if that is also a missconception

This might be the worst thread on Veeky Forums. And I like fasting.

my first fast saw me cave after 60 hours miserably and i ate for 2 days. im now over 60 hours into my second fast and feel great. still showing negative results on my keto strips though.

How am I supposed to fast if after 10 hrs of not eating I get really fucking dizzy ?

how fat are you? because after 10 hours you shouldnt be depleted of electrolytes or anything. you probably just have a major food addiction

if you get dizzy after 10 hours you are eating waaay too many carbs and way too frequently

I imagine the autophagy benefits, me being ripped and the strengthening of my willpower.

>on day 14 of my 2nd water fast
>compared to my first fast back in september of 43 days, this shit has been easy

the pounds are just dropping off.

still gonna do another two weeks, hopefully drop another stone.

how the hell are you guys fainting and getting dizzy after like 10 hours, eat properly when you're not fasting and use supplements when you are fasting.

>43 days
just how fucking fat are/were you

I can smell the acetone in my breath.

262lb at start of 43 day fast
205 after breaking fast, went upto like 212 from stuffing my face at christmas (parties, drinking, christmas foods/birthday/work dinners)

14 days into my current fast, im 196lb

probably not even that much. thats like 10-15kg of fat

depends, the fatter you are the more you lose during fasts usually

ANOTHER POUND BITES THE DUST

AND ANOTHER POUND DOWN

AND ANOTHER POUND DOWN

i just want to not be fat

yeah, which is why i specified 10-15kg

is it normal for my lips to chip while fasting?
also post burger pics pls

What do I do if when I try to fast I get light headed and dry heave and if I go long enough I pass out? Were talking like 18 or so hours without food I will pass out.

git gud

Thanks man, let me work on gitting gud.

But for real I'd really like to fast does anyone have any similar experience?

Mine do bro. I also have no libido during. It's all temporary.

I get the same thing, usually keep some carbonated water nearby to stave off nausea waves.

>ruining your fast progress with garbage food

never gonna make it.

Not everyone is a fat fuck who needs to lose weight

Most people fasting want to lose weight...

My lips are always really dry but when i fast it gets to the next level.

So if I’m naturally skinny and always ripped and am just looking to gain wait is fasting a complete waste of time?

i hate this why does everything have to be so exceedingly fucking difficult

weight*

Hey guys, completed my first fast 48 hours, gave it a few days and tried to do a 74 because the 48 was pretty easy. Literally ater about 36 hours I was in work and I had a really bad headache right behind the eye. Ended up eating on my break and it went but didn't get that the first time.

24 hours in again and trying for at least 72 hours on this one, but if I get that headache at work tomorrow theres no way I can ignore it.

HOW ABOUT YOU DRINK SOME FUCKIGN SALT

Day two
Feel tired guys.
how2fix

Had nothing for first one, made snake juice second time and seemed worse, do I just up salt a bit?

don't drink it, put it under your tongue and let it dissolve.

so im shitting a lot today. just light brown water and tons of mucusy film on the water surface. normal?

you're dehydrated user drink more aqua

Thanks user. Been really chugging the water and my pee is clear but maybe it just takes some time to soften the stools?

good job pissing out your muscles faggots, oh wait you dyels don't even have any

>Cole is anti-vax
welp there goes all his credibility

this thread is just Veeky Forums's eating disorder general

>all his credibility
"aids totes isn't a scam you guys I promise!!!"
ok kike-o-sexual

What credibility?
>Taking health advice from a balding manlet

What's ok to drink while fasting? Like could I drink like zero calorie vitamin water? Or black coffee? Or is it only water?

So i've been thinkin
of 5 days of protein shakes only with some crackers
am i retarded or it will work?
gain weight or lose it?

he drinks piss too. i knew he was already a nutter but the fasting stuff is legit.

>am i retarded
This.

Is fasting being proposed as an alternative to cutting? So instead of say, 3 months bulk then 3 months cut or whatever you would do 3 months bulk, then 15 days fast?

>5 days of only protein shakes and crackers
how the fuck do you think of this and why did you post it in the fasting general

I just experimented with a 28 hour fast from Monday morning through Tuesday night. I have never felt better in my life and I want to continue trying to fast but am nervous that i'll fuck it up and harm myself. I did some research and I know I need to keep various mineral levels up, and discovered that the pink Himalayan sea salt i've had since last year seems to be a decent source of both sodium and potassium. How much should I eat and what else am I missing?

idk just came to my mind

>2kg of pure fat
And how did you know it's pure fat?

well it's retarded and not even fasting

So I'm at 90 kg, fat around 19%. Lifting 3/4/5,5 at the moment. What kind of schedule would I be looking at to lose fat without losing strentgh?

the best application into a true fitness regimen is still up in the air but the best application from what i can tell at this time is for fatties to do the following:

>quickly lose tons of excess body fat
>enter ketosis
>decrease leptin resistance
>break food and sugar addiction

mix 1-2l water with salt and potassium
drink said water slowly throughout the day
stop eating until you get shredded

watch snake diet videos for more details

keep at it, user

>break food and sugar addiction

How is this the last point on your list? Obviously start with this, what the hell man.

they aren't ranked, psycho

I could only find some retarded pic related potassium mixture.

Looking at the stats of that thing it's gonna break the fast due to sugar glucose, right?

Fine, but id wish you would expand a bit on 'quickly lose tons of excess body fat'. Wouldn't that be the result, as opposed to just another point on the list?