OWG

Waifu Edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/tsk6z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am new to weightlifting and about 2 weeks ago I bruised my thigh doing cleans and I keep rebruising it and making it worse... I want to train. It is a redish bruise now. How should I train cleans while waiting for this to heal?

Any advice on thigh and hip bruises for noobies? I know it is from poor technique. My technique is terrible thus my desire to work on it.

This is me. Would it be fine to start training for oly with these stats or am I still too weak?

Oly is more technique/power than Strength; you can start at any time.

Owl*

You’re humping the bar

It’s poor technique, I’d say try doing muscle cleans, that should teach you how to drive the bar up with vertical hip contact as opposed to horizontal.

>tfw want to owl but didn't have time for the past 3 days

I know it is poor technique and what I need to do. I can feel it when I perform the second pull and contact properly. I guess I just need to take a few weeks off from making contact in cleans for this to heal...

You’re haveing sex with the bar

do snatch pulls in the meantime
and no contact cleans
in no contact cleans: you still need to finish extension, and you still need to do this in the correct order; legs/hip, then shoulders/arms. get tall, get the bar up, then pull under with intent

up up, QT. up up!

As much as people say the " pure asian girl meme is a BS". I think Kanae is proof for the meme being real, you can tell this girl lifts for her self, and not for the validation of others, just compare her to all the western whores who wear as little as possible and lift with ego over form, she truly is pure.

how adorable stumbling

Sauce on that pic? Asking for a friend...

/plg/ didn't appreciate my fresh handcrafted meme

Whoever says that's a meme hasn't met many Asian girls tbhfam

Is it worth it training OWG if my vertical jump is literal dogshit?

mostly me on the left desu

what is it?
what's ur standing long jump?

everybody what's ur standing long jump

Haven't oficially measured but from what I measured homemade in my wall it isn't greater than 10 inches

Stop slamming the bar against your thighs. The bar is supposed to brush against them as it goes UP, not crash backwards into them.

why the fuck do people squat outside the squat rack? its there for a reason

10 inch vert?
that can't be right
how much do u weigh?

to drop bar in case of failure
being in the rack or cage messes with my balance, speed, depth--everything.
feel boxed in, restricted,

I'm 5'9" and weight 65kg (~15% bf)

Top notch bait, except for claiming powerlifters have no ass. That's far too obvious bullshit to be good bait.

You have mental problems. See a psychologist.

my standing broad jump is around 9 and a bit feet. I'd like to get to 3m but it's a tough thing to practice because it makes your knees sore after

For some reason I always lean forward when I squat in a rack. I don't lift at commercial gyms anymore tho so it's a moot point

But why is he feeling her up?

almost 3 meters, I'm 84kg and pretty athletic

xdddd train stoopid so funee ha ha

isn't he just copying the KNSU guys

Wow no fun police

hehe

can I incorporate oly lifts into a ppl?

No, and please stop doing that meme shit.

what would be a good alternative routine for oly lifting and hypertrophy?

I-if I post a form check will you laugh at me?

I don't have a coach

dont worry we will only laugh if its bad

when I do front squats my right knee feels weird after, almost as if it's swollen inside but it's not physically swollen or anything, it just feels like it is. Also I can't seem to progress beyond 185lbs in front squats, what do?

have a PT look at it

get a real program

>get a real program
such as?

well what are you trying to do

increase overall strength but my legs are weaker than I am comfortable with them. my goal is to get to a 2 plate clean before the year is over but I suck ass at front squats

>this fat tub of shit is considered an """olympic""" """weightlifter"""

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO are you fucking serious? some fat fuck in a sports bra from a 3rd world shit hole is the pinnacle of of your little meme dog shit bouncelifting??? that's fucking EMBARRASSING.

like.. just.... lmaooooOoOoOOoOoooOOOOoooo...

ufile.io/tsk6z

Just add curls
Lol

Yuri best waifu

i mean
okay
but how much do you clean and jerk?

because powerlifters aren't all fat as shit? Also he is in the no limit weightclass. look an any lifter in weightlifter in any other weightclass and you see the pinnacle of human power without the fat.

but lasha is a fucking legend and if you were a fraction of the man and athlete he is you wouldn't be talking shit.

Best way to retrain? Been out of gym for almost 1 year and have had shit diet.

Start same as if you've never lifted before and do that and then clean up your diet.

so run like a 3x3 or 3x5 for a while? What if I wanted to train more often?

>tfw will never have giant cow titted waifu to spike test and make sick gains from lifting her tits during sex
Why live.

>cut off own finger for better hookgrip
w-would this work ?

no, but aramnau cut off his mutant extra finger so he could compete in national competition

What was it?

See for yourself at the desuarchive

How is this not sfw ?

because someone else is hogging the rack

Finally managed to do an overhead squat with a standard bar. Mobility could still improve, but I'm feeling proud to just have the basics. However, I notice my shoulder joints kind of hurt rn (day after) is this normal? I did have to really force the bar behind me in addition to really pushing my chest out.

Good for jew

>insulting lasha
Unlike your bloatmaxx powerlifters this motherfucker can actually run, catch you and fuck your ass into submission

there's no such thing as "too weak" to train the olympic lifts. they're highly technical, and take lots of practice at low weights before you can ever think about doing them at maximal weights. practice the technique of the lifts while doing a linear progression to increase your strength.

that video is probably at least a year, if not two years old, Damron is at least like 10+ kilos fatter.

Did a mod come in here and delete all the ecchi ?

gonna be real w u thats pretty weak sauce
whats ur athletic background? did u play any sports as a kid? if so, what kind?
if not, u might need to spend some time just reacquainting urself with how ur body moves
like remedial math for sports

>georgians
>literally the gatekeepers of europe against the horde of islam for hundreds of years/
>knights of christ
>literal deus vultenes
>embarrassed the ayatollahs mouth-foamed followers on the national stage
>literally cowed them into silence
would think the neo-traditionalist larpers over in plg would worship the ground this man walks on desu

this is a nice kittan

Bump for do your deadlifts

not a single argument

moving the goal post is not an argument

homoerotic fantasy projection is not an argument

/pol/ shitting is not an argument

>mfw bouncelifting lardshit manlets are totally pissed off that a fat fuck can do their little hobby that "doesn't require a strength base"

"""olympic""" """weightlifting""" dough boys are totally incapable of critical thought, surprise surprise lmaooOOooOOOoooooOOoooo

bomp

ye boi
like u don't come off insecure at all
like u still haven't posted any numbers
like do u even lift?
not trying to argue i am genuinely curious
like maybe we could learn from u

k, cherry picking is not an argument twink

>muh strength base
how's ss going for you?
finally hit that 120kg squat 3x5?
v impressive bb

why are you fucking retards responding to a troll

its fucking obvious shitposting are you all retarded

u did 2

Apparently the whole Aryan = white thing came from a Georgian nationalist who claimed Georgians are the greatest race on earth lel

I literally only posted a helper pepe to mock him

you all responded seriously

u rly don't know what kind of tip i'm on desu

>tfw work leaves me tired as fuck and haven't been gym in 4 days

Its only a stupid office job ffs with short hours

Go to the gym before work

>Georgian nationalist

Who wants to break it to him that Georgia is a state? And a rather run-of-the-mill one at that.

not an argument

projecting is not an argument

strawman attacking is not an argument

projecting is not an argument

>mfw prematurely balding bouncelifting idiot hobbits can't stop succumbing to their impotent rage

this is far and away the most insecure group of GDE shit bags on Veeky Forums. how fucking embarrassing LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

holy shit

Went to the gym today and powerlifters deadlifting were deadlifting and using the power cages. I had jerks programmed and waited 2 hours to get on a cage. Started them up and felt shitty so just left. Fucking hate that. Shit gym but only one in my small town with any weightlifting stuff. The only real way to safely practice jerks without jerk blocks or a squat stand is putting the pins on the outside of the power cage right? Finally got a cage and did this and it is right by a cable machine and inevitable some shitter with headphones on comes along and does cable rows. Like im about to jerk this and if I fail the lift you are going to get crushed... Guess I just can't practice jerks. Even so I wouldn't have had a place to lift. FML. just needed to vent. Fridays its empty so hopefully I can get the work in tomorrow.

I cried watching devilman

If you have the space home jerk blocks are rather easy to build.

Snatches were absolutely shit today bois, kept straight arming the bar out. Arms loose and back tight is hard to stick with sometimes

Can anyone redpill me on how a powerclean set of three should look like? Today I've been lifting in the area of the gym where the floor is very uneven and had to spend a couple of seconds between reps to set up properly, sometimes even to adjust the weight on the bar since it was slipping the fuck off.

Use clips

Thanks for not answering my question.

the red pill you're after is a tub of bleach

what does a power clean set of 3 look like? You pick it up and put it down 3 times