SS or SL 5x5?

I'm a 6'4" skinny cunt who has never lifted before, and I've been planning to get serious for ages. I'm stuck between SL 5x5 and SS for my first program. What do you lads reccomend

SL with curls / flies one Day, and Pull ups / Skull crushers the other

Oh and if I'm struggling to get my daily protein intake through foods is it ok to use whey this early on?

Absolutely ok, get your nutrients however you can and keep working on improving your diet over time.

SL then Madcow when you get enough gains

SS
>made by a guy that's been coaching for 40 years
>60 years old, multiple surgeries, and lifts more than 3/4 of Veeky Forums
>derived (starr's 5x5, rippletits acknowledges the heavy influence) from what was the gold standard of beginner strength programs a few decades ago, but improved after much experimentation
>book has 400 pages of extremely detailed information about how to do it right (read the fucking book even if you decide not to do SS, google pdfs if you don't want to buy it)

SL
>made by a marketer with no coaching experience
>absolutely pitiful lifts given how long he's been training
>literally a copy of SS but worse, changed things so he can say "b-but it's not SS"
>has a fancy (entirely unnecessary) app

Yes. You need protein, and if you can't stomach/afford a lot of meat, protein supplements are perfectly fine.
Creatine is legit but absolutely not necessary.
Any other supplements are a meme.

How much do you weigh?

britfag so 74kg last time i checked

Literally me couple months ago. Pic? No homo

give me a bit, i dont have a long mirror

Based on that, Id recommend eating 3000 calories a day, plus 2 L of whole milk during your first two months. After that lose the milk, or if you like it keep it but reduce your "normal" calories accordingly so you total about 3000.
You're going to want ~200 g of protein a day.

i can OHP 95x5 bench 135x10 DL 225x5 squat 225x5. lifting for 2 months, 6'3 240 pounds, am i doing good?

how the fuck is your DL so weak

i mean my one rep max would be higher. btw i only started doing heavy compound lifts seriously a little less than a month ago.

Best post listen to this guy

No worries, just interested.Since all your other lifts are better than mine

Greyskull LP

idk man, the app is pretty dope.
I've had a very good experience with SL 5x5, but I think the two are fairly comparable.
SL being more volume, will yield more hypertrophy, but most will not be able to progress as far on this program strength-wise as they would on SS.
On SL, my stats went from
Squat: 5x5 155
Bench: 5x5 135
Dead: 1x5 225
OHP: 5x5 85
to currently:
Squat: 5x5 295
Bench: 5x5 230
Deadlift: 1x5 335
OHP: 5x5 135

BW: 170
to
BW: 180

I did it with accessories the whole time as well, to develop aesthetics. Weighted pullups, Barbell curls, Weighted tricep dips, skullcrushers, calf raises, and planks.
Only been doing it a few months. I highly recommend it.

Same height, about 77kg.
>1 week lifting SS

dunt feel too bad most days i can only bench 7 reps and every time i squat my ass hurts so bad that i have to go in the locker and pace around for a few minutes to get over the pain.

oh wow, you weren't joking. how far are you into SS now?

AlphaDestiny Novice Program
srs

Well I started SS last week, but I started eating more over the last couple of months

squat 70kg x5
dl 100kg x5
bench 45kg x5
ohp 35kg x5