Form on deadlift

ive been lifting for about 4 months and most lifts came easy,,, (form wise) but i cant get my deadlift right, ive watched countless videos on youtube but i cant pull it off. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hCDzSR6bW10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep your back mostly straight, drive heels throigh the floor, act like you're humping something as hard as you can with ur hips as ur back ascends.

Also hold ur breath and push your abs as hard as u can

What do you mean? At which part(s) of the movement is your form incorrect?

the lifting part, keeping my back straight, i dont want to fuck my back up.

Use your rear delts and lats to pull tighten your shoulders. Take a breath and brace your core before attempting the lift.

Have you considered recording yourself from a side angle to see exactly where you're slipping?

no, never thought of that. ill do that.

exactly this, the most important part here is that you exhale then hold your breath, if you have air in your lungs when you do the lift it will make it more difficult to keep your back straightened do to their expansion

why does my ass hurt so badly after i do these

>exhale then hold your breath
I feel like this is not actually a good idea

that image looks fucked shouldn't you avoid putting any strain on your spine?

works your glutes aka ass muscle

yeah you shouldn't. theres a natural pause between breaths and i think thats what theyre referring to. you should have breathed out all your oxygen on the way up.

yeah his ass is way up, you want your ass pretty low. that way your not just doing a snap city version romanian deadlift

it would be most helpful if you showed us a video of your form user. if you are comfortable with it. then we can help correct your mistakes.

>lifting for 4 month
godspeed user

when you need answers, remember Jeff is the answer

this dude helped me fix my deadlift, my squat, my sholders, and my lower back pain, and I've never seen hime nor paid a cent for anything. Hands down best form advice and recovery/injury prevention youtuber
youtube.com/watch?v=hCDzSR6bW10

You probably position your hips too low.

i think the reason his ass looks way up is because hes like midway through the lift, look at the bar compared to his feet

Use your lats to keep the bar as close to your centre of mass as possible, this may mean scraping your shins but not necessarily, depends on your proportions.

1. Stand with your shins about 1 inch from the bar, toes pointed slightly out.
2. Bend over with straight knees and grab onto the bar without moving it. Do not drop your hips.
3. Without moving the bar, bend your knees until your shins are in contact with it. If the bar rolls for any reason, start again from 1. Do not drop your hips.
4. Raise your chest as high and hard as you can without dropping your hips or moving the bar. It will feel strange and potentially uncomfortable.hold the position and get used to it.
5. Drag the bar up your legs.

imagine youre a big nigga gorilla thats trying to impress a female and stand like that when youre lifting itll come to you like that i promise

Try sumo. The mechanics are easier to understand.

If one's goal is strengh, then no. The Vasalva maneuver as much as it can be dangerous if not done right, is essential to lifting heavy weight. That's considering you're using a belt. If not, exhaling is the correct way. Because if you exhale there is no point of ever wearing the belt.