Are pullups and chinups a meme exercise/fit/...

Are pullups and chinups a meme exercise/fit/? I hardly ever see anyone doing them in the gym which leads me to believe they're useless

They're probably the best exercise in existence

Why?

Overall general measure of weight to strength ratio, and once you can do 3x10 you add weight and the difficulty keeps up with your gains.

>dat imbalance in the upperback

Thats because people are too weak to do enough

pull ups are goat for upper back
only niggers don't do any

>tfw too weak to do them

You hardly see people doing them because majority of people cant do them properly or for reps so they skip them

stop being a dyel

>mfw pullup assistance machine in my gym
no u

>pullup assistance machine
do you cut your balls and hand em to them or do they cut em?
also
stop being a dyel

kill dem deadlifts son
I'm 282lbs and can do 3 pullups

nigger i can do +40kilos at 85 kilos 1
i have never diddlied

Pull-ups or chin-ups? Which is better? I find myself doing chin-ups easier but I do pull-ups because it's widely accepted on the internet

Why would you make this thread again

My back is unbalance as fuck, doing pullups without assistance just makes it worse at this point.

pull ups are objectively superior
they're a compound movement that relies more on upper back than bis
and if you wanna do chin ups for your bis just do pull ups and then do some curls

how would that make it worse
how could you ever have an unbalanced back

From what I understand Pullups use more of your back and forearms, whereas Chinups use more bicep.

Favored my right side way too much with everything when I began lifting, only started correcting it recently. It makes it worse because I muscle up favoring my right side and can't get the proper overall control.
>t. dyel

>This
There are so many buff dudes doing weighted chins and pull ups

But when should I do them?
When I do them after Deadlifts, Shrugs, Rackpulls etc. I feel Like I am lacking grip strength for Pull ups. But If I so them at the Beginninger I don't have enough gripstrength for the hard pulling exercises...

>Favored my right side way too much with everything when I began lifting
how
you can't bench and use your right pec more than your left

At the Beginninger = at the start
Fucking autocorrect...
Germanfag mobileposting

That's mainly down to conditioning. Keep at it and you'll be able to pull ups after lifts but it takes a while for your body to get used to it.

Right side does more of the force work, left side does more of the stabilizing.

literally impossible
you can't work your right pec more than your left while benching

We are great apes, what sort of ape are we if we can't pull out own body up?

You can keep saying that, it won't make it any truer.

you don't even know what stabilizing is referring to you dyel
the only way you can be stronger on your left bi than your right bi is by curling more with your left
the point of barbells is to eliminate that factor

This retard
just told you why chinups are objectively superior

t.

>Are pullups and chinups a meme exercise/fit/?
They're like upper body squats

I would try to train grip on off days seperately and then do them after Deadlifts but before shrugs, maby after Rackpulls too
(but who does Rackpulls and Deadlifts on the same day?)

pull-ups are the most useful exercise that builds mass IMO. your back, triceps and lats get murdered by them, you get huge, AND you get useful, noticeable strength and grip gains from them.

it is the GOAT exercise, IMO.

you meant biceps, right

>is x a meme?

The real question is when will this question be banned sitewide?

lenny lenny blades so skinny, leave this place you latless ninny

>I hardly ever see anyone doing them in the gym which leads me to believe they're useless

because nobody can do em

Most essential lift.
Bloatmaxxes can't into power to weight ratio. They can't even jump a chair like bill gates .

Did +50kg chin from deadhang for the first time few days ago.

Felt pretty food desu

Bingo.

I've been working on pull ups for a few months now and have gone from zero to 8 sets of 10, every other day. Why the fuck am I almost as skinny as when I started?

Does your gym have a pullup assistance machine? I had to use one for a while, but I kept lowering the assistance weight until I could do them on my own.

bis?

Add weight if you want gains from pullups

>bis?
Bisexuals.

All I have is a shitty 10kg dumbell. I can't afford gym in terms of time or money, which is why I do bodyweights.

You can't make decent growth on pure pull ups?

Whats is a good pull ups routine?

I want to do 15 and more in 1series but I am stuck at 11 pull ups, how do I increase the max number of pull ups?

Neutral grip pullups are GOAT

Put that 10kg dumbell in a backpack and wear it? Put a rock in there if you need more weight, then find something heavier if you desire more.

I don't know too much about it, but I'm sure if you were eating enough and sleeping enough you should be able to gain some mass from pull-ups. The heavier you get the more resistance you use on the pull-up, which is an added bonus of eating more.

Do 11 and one negative (push yourself up with your feet if you have to, and work normally on the descent) until you can do 12, and then add one neg. Repeat.

Bleugh I'm not even 60kg. I thought at 80 pull ups a day I would be at least a bit ripped.

It's the lights, look at the shadow from his shorts

Put it between ankles or thighs, and progress with that weight

Strap up. If your training back, don't waste energy squeezing the tiny crushing muscles of the forearm.
Or don't I don't give a fuck.

What if the range of motion is different. A smaller rep is easier and if you always half rep on one side, that side would be a lot weaker.

Varg 'em

Thanks.

Even if I break it into 2.5kg plates and add one per week, I'll be fucked after a month. Ahhh I'll have to buy stuff I think.

This.

People know they can't do enough to.be impressive so they avoid them altogether. Most because they k ow their form sucks or because they can't do more than 10 to save their life. So they'll try to compensate by either kipping or doing some cross shit leg lifts/knee raises on the bar.

they work abs, lats, forearms, bicebs, they're the best. arnold even says so.

Because they are scared of looking weak. I got the pull up record at my school and I still get intimidated to do them at the gym. The damn machine is right in the middle wish they put it in the corner or something. Whatever my plan is to wait for the summer and do pull ups at the park until I feel confident enough to crank them out in the gym.

barbells can lead to imbalance. the point of dumbbells is to avoid imbalances as it forces each side to work equally. barbells cant frequently be lifted favoring one side. I find it happens to me for my ohp, my left side is better at push it up and my right will lag. thats why i also do dumbbell ohp.

The Bloat Lord does 12 wide grips in a video. Don't even care that he Kip's a bit, at 450 pounds that's pretty good.

For a 21 year old the Marine Corps measures 23 deadhang pull ups as a perfect score on their physical fitness test. How do you measure up?

23 in a single set?

I'd manage 12 or 12.

>Home pull up bar 100 reps a day + climber master race reporting in.

>tfw repping two pl8 and doing one arms at 168lbs, 5'11 and btfoing every one

>tfw only repping 85s on bench

B-but the formula for DB to BB is both DBs +45lbs, so I'm at 215 for 6, r-right?

I don't know why people do these instead of rows

How do I do them straight and not pull more with one arm and end up coming up more to the right side?

Post arms.

No chance hot shot, get those numbers up. I can do the 100 lb dbs for 4, but I absolutely cannot do 290 for 4.

That's a lot, maybe if someone is yelling while you are doing them you'll get a boost

Well I do have a wife but I typically do my workouts before she wakes up.

ask me how i know your legs are the size of twinkies

Sometimes Veeky Forums Mathematical theories are just that.. But 2plates is respectable. I should up my pullup reps to 100. I do about 25-50 a day

i can do 20
dunno about 23

Yeah in a single set also worth noting that for females they only need to do 8 for a perfect score (and most still can't do it)

>i need to get my bench up so i'm doing 100 reps a day of 1pl8
t.

Try progressing to 5x10 with +10kg and you’ll see its not that easy.

Once you get there you can add more stuff, wear a backpack etc

Thanks lad.

LENNY LENNY BLADES SO SKINNY, LEAVE THIS PLACE YOU LATLESS NINNY

Do a variation where you go from left to right at the top of the pullup

Can you do 245 for 4? That's what the formula would suggest. It's DBs + 45 not 90.

You probably weigh fuck all so pull ups are easy and you're not eating enough to make gains.

Eat more, much more.

I've done 36 but neutral grip. Obviously long sets you use momentum early on and rest at a dead hang later.

its a great exercise.

>weighted pull ups/chin ups
>heavy rows
>heavy deadlifts

this is the receipt for a thick back.

People who aren't dyels like you do both

I'm

>receipt
hehe

You can't make gains if you don't eat.

You need to have a read up on nutrition or you're never going to make it.

>

>not a manlet
>5'10
gee, someone got greedy. You only get to pick one, user

Post body

I guess I'll have to. Thanks.

S-Sorry, we can't all be 6'13" like you, s-sir.

Euronymous' body? :DDD

Pull ups are actually great. Especially perfect ones, you'd be surprised how little of them you can actually do. I can do a 25kg chin up and found out I can only do 10 full controlled slow pull ups

Sets past failure with help is better than just stopping at failure. Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

We add an inch every year. In 2018 you must be 6'2" to not be a manlet

LENNY LENNY BLADES SO SKINNY, LEAVE THIS PLACE YOU LATLESS NINNY

>comissoning in usmc
>can get perfect 23 pullups and cam run perfect 18 min 3 mile
>tfw cant even get the minimum score for crunches

>doing cuck ups instead of doing rows or deficit pull ups
lmaoing at you