Grip strength

I was deadlifting the other day, and almost lost my grip. I wasn't lifting very heavy, 120 kg for 3 reps. I have been lifting on and off for two years. How can I improve my grip strength? Or do I have to buy straps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-febRoO0gG0?t=519
youtube.com/watch?v=3xHrOLzTLYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Goddam dem titties

Farmers walks for time or hanging from a pull-up bar for time work well. My favorite is a rack pull where you lift 3-4 inches to lockout and hold for 30-60s for 2-3 sets. Once you hit 60, up the weight.

Are you doing mixed grip? Or hook grip?

>Farmers walks
/thread

Are Farmers walks about the distance you walk or the time you hold that shit? I'm a home gym guy and I don't have a lot of space to walk around.

Do this.

I used to do farmers walk, but the gym I go to now isn't big enough them. I will do the hanging from a pull-up bar, I have one at home.

I have only used normal grip normal grip so far, maybe I will try hook grip.

Walk in a circle

Walk around yard circling the house.

Ask the guy working the desk if you can walk down the street and back with the weights, or around the parking lot.

I work out at a 24hr gym, mostly at night, and the front desk is only manned for 2-3 our in the middle of the day. I don't think they would allow it anyways. I might buy some used kettle bells or something so I can do it outside at home.

If nobody is there, who is going to stop you?

The other people there? And they have cameras. I don't want to risk losing my membership. It's would also be a bit tricky just bringing the weights outside, there is an airlock to get in and out.

get on the treadmill for keks.

>120kg
>264 freedom units
>heavy

Just buy some chalk OP.

>2018kg
>doesn't know how to read yet

youtu.be/-febRoO0gG0?t=519

Do this

-Grab loaded barbell at thigh height in rack
-Use rack to hold on to and brace yourself
-Lift barbell with white-knuckle tight grip, holding until failure

can you read

'I wasn't lifting very heavy'
Illiteracy seems to be a big problem in burgerland.

Mixed grip works wonders, it feels so unnatural the first time before you start the lift but as soon as you start that all goes away.

>gloves
what a fag

Shoo shoo

Chalk is not allowed at the gym I go to. But that wasn't the problem, I used normal grip and the bar rolled out my fingers.

I'll try next time at the gym. Should I switch grip between sets or between workouts?

I will try that, thanks!

>"grow, grow, grow"

yea, what a fag, for going outside gabbing freezing cold metal bars with gloves

>gloves
if you use gloves to exercise, you better be working out in about 40 below zero weather.

>doing mixed grip
I'd rather not snap my bicep tendon.

that you are such a pussy that you cant handle a slightly cold bar, which will heat up by working out by the way, is not my problem

I like doing finger curls. I wouldn't do it with dumbbells though because I struggle to do double overhand with 275lb for reps and I got up to 80lb dumbbells before I was able to get a proper burn from the reps and it's a bitch to find DBs higher than 120.

>being so much of a pansy that you make excuses for other people
what the fuck

>Should I switch grip between sets or between workouts?
If you want, I personally don't. I don't think it matters at all really.

Retard not realizing that it's winter, the fucking
bar won't heat up by you grabbing it for a few minutes.
You should get out sometime.

>giving a shit that a bar is gonna be cold to the touch
I've had my bare fingertips wet and freeze to the sides of trailers at work and I didn't give a shit. I think it's something to do with my body heat being high enough that the outermost layers of skin bring cold didn't really affect the actual meat underneath.

point is, if a bar is cold, just fucking grab it and stop being a punkass bitch. while you're up there, do some pullups to get the blood pumping. you should be training grip on pull days anyway.

holy fuck my sides

never have I seen a more fitting filename. well done.

youtube.com/watch?v=3xHrOLzTLYI

Superior hook grip